UEFA Nations League

Slevinn

If anyone's bored and looking for a cheap laugh, go look up Denmark vs Slovakia in 5 mins. Due to a dispute between our national football federation and the players, we're fielding a team of futsal players tonight against Slovakia. It will be a slaughter.
What was the dispute about?

Looking at the result they did alright.

Trickykid

What was the dispute about?

Looking at the result they did alright.
It was/is a conflict about commercial rights in regards to the Danish FA and the individual players. A bit of a shit-show, really.

Apparently futsal players can park a reasonable enough bus - at least if the opposition is as toothless as Slovakia were last night, all things considered.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
International breaks are shit. Just thought I’d get that off my chest.

This year is a little different because of the UEFA Nations League which starts today with the most focused game being Germany against France.

Of course it remains to be seen whether this NL thingy will garner more interest or not.

Vilarrubi

This year it is a little different because of the UEFA Nations League which starts today with the most focused game being Germany against France.

Of course it remains to be seen whether this NL thingy will garner more interest or not.

Yeah you’re right.. it’s good they are trying to make the games have more purpose. I just can’t see myself watching them can you?

The only internationals I ever watch outside of tournaments is if two big teams are playing and I’ve got nothing else to do at all lol

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Yeah you’re right.. it’s good they are trying to make the games have more purpose. I just can’t see myself watching them can you?

The only internationals I ever watch outside of tournaments is if two big teams are playing and I’ve got nothing else to do at all lol

I will definitely try to watch Germany vs. France but yeah, just because it is NL and there is somewhat of purpose in these "friendlies" there are still a lot of crappy games.

What I don't understand is why there are still non-NL friendlies being played between European NT teams, for example Austria vs. Sweden, and Portugal vs. Croatia today. Why are they not participating in the UEFA Nations League?

Vilarrubi

I will definitely try to watch Germany vs. France but yeah, just because it is NL and there is somewhat of purpose in these "friendlies" there are still a lot of crappy games.

What I don't understand is why there are still non-NL friendlies being played between European NT teams, for example Austria vs. Sweden, and Portugal vs. Croatia today. Why are they not participating in the UEFA Nations League?

Yeah that’s odd.. not sure on that one I haven’t read much about it.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Joachim Löw staying as a Germany coach will haunt them in 2020 and 2022.

Now is the time to play Brandt, Sané, Süle, Tah, Havertz and ter Stegen, but he's too loyal to his senior players and narrow-minded to find a system suiting their young talents that should be the priority for 2020 and 2022.

It's a disgrace that Müller is still starting for them. Same with Ginter and one of Boateng and Hummels should be out too. Perhaps even both as they're constantly injured and becoming unreliable.

xXKonan

Yeah that Germany team is dying for a overhaul.

Should have been a wakeup call after the WC disaster and yet here we are and Low just doesn't want to change shit.

Home of Barca Fans