Fabian Ruiz

Messi983

They are different type of players but I think Ruiz would probably fit us better. Lobotka looks similar to Arthur.

Riordon

Get it done man. Just 15m. There is always room for heavily press resistent, technical players like him in our midfield.

khaled_a_d

He has renewed with Betis until 2023, release clause is now set at 30M.

http://realbetisbalompie.es/en/noti...n-y-el-real-betis-amplian-su-vinculacion-hast

Do you have a link for that 30M buyout?
With Rodri in AM, Ceballos situation in RM along the fact we are going for Arthur rather than him I think this might rule him out of staying in La Liga (unless he stays another couple of years in Betis) as he won't go to Sevilla and I am not sure Valencia can pay such money for him

Messi983

Do you have a link for that 30M buyout?
With Rodri in AM, Ceballos situation in RM along the fact we are going for Arthur rather than him I think this might rule him out of staying in La Liga (unless he stays another couple of years in Betis) as he won't go to Sevilla and I am not sure Valencia can pay such money for him

http://www.marca.com/futbol/betis/2018/01/31/5a722db4e2704e6b408b466a.html

https://as.com/futbol/2018/01/31/primera/1517426061_620969.html

I don't see Fabian and Arthur as exclusive because they are different type of players but agree it's not very likely we'll go after him if we buy Arthur.

khaled_a_d

They aren't exclusive, but it seems we are paying 30M for Arthur, can't see us paying 30M for another young midfielder.

Messi983

They aren't exclusive, but it seems we are paying 30M for Arthur, can't see us paying 30M for another young midfielder.

Yes, but 30M is not really much today. In 2-3 years we'll have to replace Iniesta, (at least one of) Paulinho or Raki and Gomes will be gone too before that even though I like him but don't see him staying here longterm. So basically we'll need to replace 3 or maybe even 4 midfielders. It seems Arthur will be one of them and Alena could be the second but there is no guarantee that one or both of them will make it. Then even if Roberto will be moved back to midfield (of which there are no indications for now) we'll probably still have a spot for another midfielder or two.

Of course other young players will emerge and number and type of midfielders we'll bring will also depend on players that we'll buy for other positions (like Griezmann) and what our main formation will be but I think we should absolutely keep monitoring Ruiz and until he stays at Betis - with still a relatively low release clause in todays world - and keeps progressing I think he should remain one of our possible options for the future.

khaled_a_d

Yes, but 30M is not really much today. In 2-3 years we'll have to replace Iniesta, (at least one of) Paulinho or Raki and Gomes will be gone too before that even though I like him but don't see him staying here longterm. So basically we'll need to replace 3 or maybe even 4 midfielders. It seems Arthur will be one of them and Alena could be the second but there is no guarantee that one or both of them will make it. Then even if Roberto will be moved back to midfield (of which there are no indications for now) we'll probably still have a spot for another midfielder or two.

Of course other young players will emerge and number and type of midfielders we'll bring will also depend on players that we'll buy for other positions (like Griezmann) and what our main formation will be but I think we should absolutely keep monitoring Ruiz and until he stays at Betis - with still a relatively low release clause in todays world - and keeps progressing I think he should remain one of our possible options for the future.

I doubt Ruiz will wait for us in 2 or 3 years, we already have Iniesta replacement and we are betting on Arthur to replace Rakiti/Paulinho. Things could change quaickly but tbh I can see him going to Italy or England in the summer or in 2019

Nothanks

so we are linked again with him, might be the typical rumor mill going back to old rumors but it would make a little sense if we truly aren't getting arthur till 2019 and iniesta is leaving + gomes

thoughts?

Raketa10

I don't now anything about this guy. What do you guys think? Can someone describe him as a player? Is he slow? Is he fast? Is he a workhorse or more on a technical side?

Porque

Really impressive season. Great at arriving from the second line and moving possession with verticality. Covers alot of ground and puts himself about defensively.

Reminds me of a midfield Javi Martinez at Bilbao with more output offensively and less defensively.

How much is due to Setien and Betis big season though? I feel he needs another season at Betis with Setien but such as football that he will be getting offers this summer.

Can he make the same impact at Barcelona, maybe. He shares some of the traits that Valverde looks for in a midfielder but at the same time will he have the "heuvos" to take control and find his own solutions rather than pass to Messi as so happens with our team.

But to conclude, better characteristics than Samper, Gomes and Alena for a CM role. If we are willing to buy and loan back Arthur then I would love to see the same done with Fabian and Betis.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Can we please sign an established midfielder too?

Not that I'm against Fabian Ruiz or Arthur, but FGS, we should be in win-now mode too with Messi turning 31 this year.

Besides, are we REALLY going to trust Valverde with two young players?

Home of Barca Fans