21 - Frenkie de Jong

Saladin

If they Pay 55 for Cucarella it should be 110 for FDJ

Cucurella is maybe top-3 in the world in his position, which is notoriously difficult to cover for teams, whereas Frenkie is good, but maybe wouldn't even break into top-20 for CM's. That's the difference. Supply and demand, not apples vs oranges.

serghei

Cucurella is maybe top-3 in the world in his position, which is notoriously difficult to cover for teams, whereas Frenkie is good, but maybe wouldn't even break into top-20 for CM's. That's the difference. Supply and demand, not apples vs oranges.

:lol: Cucurella is not top 3 LB come on.

vegitot

Shame that we will never see a trio of Mavericky - De Jong - Arthur. They were destinied to rule Europe for 10 years :mou:

Birdy

@ManagingBarca
?
1h
����| FC Barcelona have opened talks with Manchester City for Bernardo Silva. He may be signed, even if Frenkie De Jong stays.
@sport

I think this will be the key move for Frenkie to get the message and get the fuck out.
As long as we don't get his replacement, he can play hardball and refuse to take wage cut.

When he sees Bernardo coming in, being registered, he would know he has 0 chances of playing as the Sergi-Bernardo-Pedri will be fixed in md, and as subs Gavi and Kessie might play ahead of him.

It's a strategic move to kick his ass out once and for ever

serghei

Who's better?

Cancelo
Robertson
And?

Pfff...

Mendy from Madrid. Even Alba is better. Alphonso Davies is LB last time I checked. Too many probably. Cucurella borderline top 10. And that should be pretty big praise as it is.

He'd be featuring for Spain if he was THAT good as some believe. He is a good potential player that showed some promise at Brighton. But is 2-3 years away from comparing to even a top 5 LB.

Last edited:

serghei

@ManagingBarca
?
1h
����| FC Barcelona have opened talks with Manchester City for Bernardo Silva. He may be signed, even if Frenkie De Jong stays.
@sport

I think this will be the key move for Frenkie to get the message and get the fuck out.
As long as we don't get his replacement, he can play hardball and refuse to take wage cut.

When he sees Bernardo coming in, being registered, he would know he has 0 chances of playing as the Sergi-Bernardo-Pedri will be fixed in md, and as subs Gavi and Kessie might play ahead of him.

It's a strategic move to kick his ass out once and for ever

Seems odd to me. Didn't they say we can't even register the players we brought without the some extra money coming in (and I don't mean pocket change)? How can we register Bernardo AND the other five? Something is fishy.

If we get Bernardo and move Depay and De Jong, for me, this summer is stuff of dreams. Seems like something out of a children's fairy tale book.

Even if I'm 50-50 on Bernardo, he's guaranteed to provide much more impact than De Jong.

Saladin

Seems odd to me. Didn't they say we can't even register the players we brought? How can we register Bernardo AND the other five. Something is fishy.

Apparently the corrupt fraud Tebas and the rest of the La Liga organization does not recognize approx. 150 mil. euros made from the sale of audiovisual rights to Sixth Street. Currently the club is 30 mil. euros away from meeting the demands (this is IF the 4th lever is included) - so not a huge margin, but enough to necessitate the sales of Depay and Frenkie and getting rid of almost ALL deadwood (Braithwaite, Umtiti if possible and perhaps Pjanic as well - Nico on loan is on the board and Neto is all but closed).

If we are to sell Frenkie and get Silva for roughly the same amount, the 30 mil. euros difference will probably be in the massive wage difference between the two; also, with Depay and possibly the other bums off the books, we could be registering everyone and working towards climbing to the top of Europe once again.

Home of Barca Fans