21 - Frenkie de Jong

Horatio

You're welcome
Real Madrid put clauses when they sold players that were essentially if X player is sold to a Spanish club within the next four years you have to pay us 50m for it.

Basically putting off clubs from re-selling players to Barca I guess as I'd imagine Real Madrid would waive that clause if one of their ex-players were sold to Getafe or some shit.

But I brought it up as to point out that once the employer employee relationship is terminated does not mean that everything written up in contract goes void.
I am probably still wrong about this.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
But I brought it up as to point out that once the employer employee relationship is terminated does not mean that everything written up in contract gets nullified.
I am probably still wrong about this.

Depends on what you are thinking about? Confidentiality clauses and such would probably exist for an X amount of duration as stipulated in the agreement, but in football it's probably different.

Teams usually settle their accounts to players once they have left the club and from that moment there is nothing owed or due.

Barca could probably try to negotiate a clause where Chelsea essentially will be forced to pay Barca penalty fee or a large amount of % like 50+ if Frenkie is sold to a Spanish club, but I'm not sure they would nor that Chelsea would agree. Would be rather pointless.

serghei

Sadly we have no leverage in this situation, leaking stuff like this to piss him off will mean he digs his heels even more and he knows we won't sit him in the stands, the same shit was levelled against Dembele.

We won't sit him in the stands, but we also won't play him without a major spike in his performances. I think he wants to be a starter still, and is somehow confident he's gonna prove everyone who Frenkie de Jong is or something like that.

IF he does that, and becomes a starter playing top stuff, the situation is gonna be tricky. Depends how big exactly his contract is, and how much better he'll play.

If however he continues to play underwhelming... and is willing to stay as a bench player showing little ambition, and his rating gets a big hit, becoming some sort of new Coutinho, his career will never recover. The buyers won't be United or Chelsea level in that case, but back to Ajax stuff.

Last edited:

iniestaGOAT

We won't sit him in the stands, but we also won't play him without a major spike in his performances. I think he wants to be a starter still, and is somehow confident he's gonna prove everyone who Frenkie de Jong is or something like that.

IF he does that, and becomes a starter showing everyone he has what it takes, the situation is gonna be tricky. Depends how big exactly his contract is.

We was already feeling like shit getting played less by Xavi last season. No doubt the playing time is going to be lesser this season.

He will probably still be a starter tho

Givenchy

IF he does that, and becomes a starter playing top stuff, the situation is gonna be tricky. Depends how big exactly his contract is, and how much better he'll play.

If however he continues to play underwhelming... and is willing to stay as a bench player showing little ambition, and his rating gets a big hit, becoming some sort of new Coutinho, his career will never recover. The buyers won't be United or Chelsea level in that case, but back to Ajax stuff.

The role he plays, he'll struggle to ever justify such huge wages, he's a midfielder who doesn't score or assist much and is probably on the wages of a ST.

I know you are 50-50 on him but it's frustrating when Bernardo Silva is willing to come likely for the same type of fee and actually improves our midfield for much lower wages.

This saga has shown he has all the cards regarding PR and media. Imagine if he is unjustly benched or even exiled, brainlets like Gary Neville will be crying from the rooftops.

wisconsincule

It's not that you can't pressure players, but the tactics used are just down right unprofessional and imo unethical.

Agree. The club could have handled this way way better. It always seems like there is so much unnecessary drama around the club. Handle business behind closed doors and let it be.

However I am absolutely loving other teams fans meltdowns. These are grown men throwing tantrums like they are 6 year old children.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Agree. The club could have handled this way way better. It always seems like there is so much unnecessary drama around the club. Handle business behind closed doors and let it be.

However I am absolutely loving other teams fans meltdowns. These are grown men throwing tantrums like they are 6 year old children.

They might have tried to do that by coming to an agreement with Frenkie and his agent, but perhaps they weren't willing to listen? Tough to know what happened behind the scenes for it to come to this point.

But I really doubt the club went for the nuclear option or so to speak right away.

FinBarcelonafan

They might have tried to do that by coming to an agreement with Frenkie and his agent, but perhaps they weren't willing to listen? Tough to know what happened behind the scenes for it to come to this point.

But I really doubt the club went for the nuclear option or so to speak right away.

Exactly. This is probably their last weapon. They didn't want to use it, but had to now because they wouldn't take any sort of deal.

FinBarcelonafan

🚨 EXCLUSIVE: Barcelona told Frenkie de Jong on July 15 they have evidence of criminality around contract given by old board + cause for legal action vs all involved. #FCBarcelona asked him to annul deal & revert to previous terms @TheAthleticUK #MUFC #CFC https://t.co/g1at9ZqYL0

I guess this was old news but yeah

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
But if reports are true and we can register all players now because of Piques new contract - de Jong lost a little of the power he had, for a moment he held us by the balls and it almost looked like he held us hostage... Let's see how he acts now. I'm still waiting for more details about the contract he signed with Barto and it will not be very wise to put him in the stands (because now we want to fuck with him) because he is still on huge wages and we're missing out on his transfer fee while he's still wanted by big clubs - I think things will slowly clear up in the next couple of days...

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

So if they told Frenkie July 15th of the potential criminal activity and nothing happened till now..

They've been negotiating for a long time with no results.

I guess they had to leak it now.

jairzinho

Not his fault Barto gave him that contract and he doesn't deserved to get dragged through the mud the way he has been. Can't blame him for not wanting to go to a midtable club like Man Utd either.

Givenchy

So if they told Frenkie July 15th of the potential criminal activity and nothing happened till now..

They've been negotiating for a long time with no results.

I guess they had to leak it now.

If he's known that long, it seems as if he's totally ignoring everything and keeping his head down. No contract talks, no talks with other clubs, he's content to sit tight and wait it out. If the wages are as ridiculous as people think, I don't think even paying him a deferred salary will work.

This is the Barto legacy on full display

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Not his fault Barto gave him that contract and he doesn't deserved to get dragged through the mud the way he has been. Can't blame him for not wanting to go to a midtable club like Man Utd either.

Well it's to early to say what he deserved or didn't ' if it's obvious the contract indeed have 'evidence of criminality' and we pointed it out to him but he insisted - than yeah it's his and his agents fault, kind of a question if it was in good faith or not. But I'm holding of my judgment until we have some more details.

Edit: Otherwise next president can have a brainfart and write a contract with a player that he gets all of FC Barcelona and all of its assets if he stays 2 more seasons and player/agent agree - could one still say "hay, stop blaming the player - he was given a contract..." if it's bloody obvious its not realistic, rational or even legal.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans