21 - Frenkie de Jong

jamrock

No way is frankie a top 10 midfielder, if their world be a bidding war for him, most tops teams already have a set midfield that that don't think he'll improve for the price wanted

fergus90

He will be easily Uniteds best midfielder.

We should have waited for more. They were desperate.

With Fred and McTominay that is hardly difficult.

Plus there's not exactly a bidding war going on for him to raise the price.

Bayern and City two clubs have previously been touted as potential destinations because Barca is holding him back or whatever have opted for Kalvin Phillips and Ryan Gravernbach as cheaper options.

Devils

KDB, Kimmich, Veratti, B Silva, Pedri, Fabinho, Modric, Casemiro, Valverde, Rodri, Havertz etc are all comfortable and I mean COMFORTABLY better players than FDJ.

I also rate the likes of Gortzka, B Fernandes, Camavinga and a few other ahead of FDJ as well...but these would be more debatable for others.

Last edited:

Respekt_III

CyaWouldntWannaBeYa
I think 80 million is the total transfer fee too, right? The guaranteed fee is 65 million which is super low.

I said it before, every other top club already has a strong midfield. Think about it: Bayern, Liverpool, City, Chelsea, Juventus and Atletico Madrid. The only team without a strong midfield that can afford him is PSG. Anyone expecting 100m-120m because they expected a bidding war were being delusional. Especially when De Jong is being forced out.

Our club doesn't know how to read the room. United are under severe pressure to make signings after the disaster season they had last year. Their midfield is absolute wank and their fans would of put a lot of pressure on the club to make that signing.

We needed to sell for at least 85m with the variables being a lot lower for it to be worthwhile for us because as others have alluded to we really. Lack physicality in our midfield with out him.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Sky are reporting that Barca want Maguire as part of the deal.

They're quoting The Sun which is essentially the worst of the worst you lot got over there.

When it's not bigotry they perpetuate made up news or fake news as it's called.

Laplacian

KDB, Kimmich, Veratti, B Silva, Pedri, Fabinho, Modric, Casemiro, Valverde, Rodri, Havertz etc are all comfortable and I mean COMFORTABLY better players than FDJ.

I also rate the likes of Gortzka, B Fernandes, Camavinga and a few other ahead of FDJ as well...but these would be more debatable for others.

Havertz and Bruno Fernandes...

You should be banned for posting this shite. :lol:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
As overrated as Frenkie might be he's not been close to as wank as 135m man Dembele who's probably top five all-time in worst signings ever.

At least it sounds like we might get what we paid back for him.

Laplacian

Well if that was a rule for being banned, you'd have 3,821 bans by now.

Sad reality.

Don't think so, not rating Dembele isn't an as egregious opinion as calling Bruno and Havertz better midfielders than FDJ when the formers aren't even midfielders in the first place. :lol:

Plus, you and that other guy are the only ones that rate him. Dude is a free agent and no one wants to sign him :lol:

Pipe down and stop acting like FDJ dicked your girl.

Devils

Don't think so, not rating Dembele isn't an as egregious opinion as calling Bruno and Havertz better midfielders than FDJ when the formers aren't even midfielders in the first place. :lol:

Plus, you and the other ones are the only ones that rate him. Dude is a free agent and no one wants to sign him :lol:

Pipe down and stop acting like FDJ dicked your girl.

:yawn:

3,822 times now.

jamrock

As of today, no what he could, but now he has actually performed over the past 3 seasons.

All of city's midfield is better than Frankie including gundogan, so that's 4 right there

Liverpool fabinho & Thiago 6.

All of Madrid's midfield including the oldies, so that's 9.

Pogba, Kimmich, Verratti,Gortzka that's 13.

Don't need to go any further, but then you add some youngsters coming up, like valverde, camavinga, Pedri, who if any of those players became available would start a bidding war no matter how stacked other teams are in that area.

I could keep going, definitely not top 10 & not even top 15.

He's top maybe based on potential only not actual Consistent play.

Home of Barca Fans