21 - Frenkie de Jong

serghei

I doubt we can sign an outside DM, even less so a non-Spanish player. I think it's a position we need to find from within our ranks. Probably the only one.

With attack it's the opposite. Our homegrown players playing wingers or strikers are confused midfielders.

Also defense. Barca produces midfielders. Sign top class defenders and forwards mostly.

Last edited:

vuji_31

Bayern M went for Gravenbach, they have sabitzer,goretzka, kimmich and probably someone else on that position. No way they will go for him.

khaled_a_d

I doubt we can sign an outside DM, even less so a non-Spanish player. I think it's a position we need to find from within our ranks. Probably the only one.

We don't have one though, and this is a bit wishful thinking tbh.
We didn't produce a single good DM since Busquets popped up in 2008, that is 14 years.
Heck, most midfielders we produced since him didn't really prove themselves against test of time. Jury still on Nico and Gavi. My hopes isn't that high for both btw but they have potential.

The thing is, older players like Xavi, Busquets or even Cesc started as defensive midfielders and developed into more attacking role. Even Iniesta was CM originally.
It is tough to imagine doing it backwards, developing a CM into DM. We have done it with Motta ages ago tbf but tough to see.
If Nico doesn't work out next season, spending for DM is top priority tbh.

Zubimendi is the Liga choice sadly, although I am hearing good things about Fran Beltran from Celta. Danilo from Palmiras is another option

vegitot

Not so sure. Jorginho is same profile. It depends on how the team works. Spain were unlucky not to win Euro last year with Busi as DM.

They are not ideal, far from it even, but for La Liga, which will be main objective, they will be very good I think.

The problem is we don't have an elite experienced midfielder next to Busquets, like Chelsea had with Kante. Frenkie is a letdown, Pedri is frankly overrated imo bar some bits of genius, and Gavi is not ready. Kessie is not a great player.

You forget the bigger problem, the midfield set up.

pers

Bayern M went for Gravenbach, they have sabitzer,goretzka, kimmich and probably someone else on that position. No way they will go for him.

Sabitzer was disaster last season and we don't know how well new signing will adopt. They can go for him just to show they can but I doubt it as well

FinBarcelonafan

🚨🚨| Chelsea have offered ?70M + Marcos Alonso for Frenkie De Jong. @sport

🚨🚨| JUST IN: Frenkie De Jong will likely leave FC Barcelona next week.
@gerardromero [🎖️]

🚨🚨| Frenkie De Jong will probably join Chelsea.
@gerardromero [🎖️]

🚨🚨✅| Frenkie De Jong to Chelsea is very HOT.
@gerardromero [🎖️]

Latest news

I would rather see Frenkie with Chelsea, so I dont mind it..

If offer is only 70mil, Chelsea better pay his whole salary

Porque

Few million differance between Frenkie and Cucu. There's levels to this selling game. I'm off to join the Brighton School of Business for Football Clubs and Sailors.

serghei

:lol: Meltdown on redcafe will be epic.

Get some variables over those 70, like 10 or something + Alonso, and it's a good deal.

serghei

As long as we get rid of all Frenkies salary, agree.

Doubt they will also pay that. We will have to deduct and pay his deferred wages form the transfer fee. 70 + Alonso + them covering De Jong's wages completely so we don't pay anything is a great deal. I reckon we owe more than 10m to De Jong.

One thing is certain though, we need to sell here.

Last edited:

Birdy

����| Chelsea have offered ?70M + Marcos Alonso for Frenkie De Jong. @sport

����| JUST IN: Frenkie De Jong will likely leave FC Barcelona next week.
@gerardromero [��️]

����| Frenkie De Jong will probably join Chelsea.
@gerardromero [��️]

����✅| Frenkie De Jong to Chelsea is very HOT.
@gerardromero [��️]

Latest news

I would rather see Frenkie with Chelsea, so I dont mind it..

If offer is only 70mil, Chelsea better pay his whole salary

Chelsea's offer is good.

Make it happen!

Home of Barca Fans