21 - Frenkie de Jong

fergus90

He’s been top quality tonight. When he’s got someone next to him that will do the dirty work and let him play he’s on another level.

Riordon

Really like him for us but love him when he is with Holland. So so good man.

We need a workhorse in the midfield for him to play like this for us. His role is also different for Holland but speak volume about his quality that he can play multiple positions in the midfield this good. I think this is the reason Koeman wants a workhorse.

As I see it top 3 midfielder in the world and just turned 24, what a guy.

Porque

Holland play how Koeman wanted us to play at the beginning of last season. In his 4231 with a direct possession style. Where he wanted Depay and Wijnaldum.

Celta was the best example of that working.

Shame we didn't get Wijnaldum really. He would give us alot of possibilities.

fergus90

Really like him for us but love him when he is with Holland. So so good man.

We need a workhorse in the midfield for him to play like this for us. His role is also different for Holland but speak volume about his quality that he can play multiple positions in the midfield this good. I think this is the reason Koeman wants a workhorse.

As I see it top 3 midfielder in the world and just turned 24, what a guy.

For Barca he's always consistent for me but never usually more than a 6.5/10. I really hope we get a midfielder so we can utilise his talents properly though, because with the right players around him he is a truly exceptional footballer.

Feels like we are wasting him a bit currently.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

For Barca he's always consistent for me but never usually more than a 6.5/10. I really hope we get a midfielder so we can utilise his talents properly though, because with the right players around him he is a truly exceptional footballer.

Feels like we are wasting him a bit currently.

This is problem with a lot of players we have. Almost no one performs as well as they should. Lack of any sort of functional system has killed our invidual players for years. Team still need a system to be functional.

It's not just Frenkie, it is Griezmann, Dembele, Lenglet, Umtiti, Coutinho etc. All these guys could work in some sort of system but not on Barca's "system". Umtiti might be too finished though.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans