21 - Frenkie de Jong

Temptation

Liverpool's wage structure is still rigid. Not sure what's changed.

How many years of consistent numbers did it take for Mo to get the contract? Other clubs would have rewarded him after 1 year of big performances.

The financial outlay required to replace Salah will outweigh the amount needed to pay his wages over his new contract. High scoring, left footed right wingers are rare.

Birdy

You can't understand that Liverpool didn't exactly break their structure, because his contract is only for 3 years, and no other player will get close to half of that money.

Another instance that you lack critical ability to get nuances, and are fast only in typing to claim Ws here and there, but not in thanking

Birdy

How many years of consistent numbers did it take for Mo to get the contract? Other clubs would have rewarded him after 1 year of big performances.

No mate they broke it, because Jammy says so and he needs his W
You get it?

JamDav1982

Nah I understand perfectly and called it correctly whereas you were wrong.... as is case every time we have one of these wee back and fores.

Salah got paid more per year than anyone else and broke the structure you claimed was in place.

Keep trying to deflect with lies though.

Suits you.

Birdy.. 'At this point the only act proving love for the club is drastic reduction of salary'.

Few posts later Birdy 'You keep strawmaning pretending the reason players should reduce is the 'love of the club'

Birdy

Birdy.. 'At this point the only act proving love for the club is drastic reduction of salary'.

Few posts later Birdy 'You keep strawmaning pretending the reason players should reduce is the 'love of the club'

Then thinks it is smart to burp out the words 'logical fallacies' when has no idea what it means.

This is level of drivel and backed up by being wrong every time.

From Dembele to Salah and now FDJ. Calls it wrong and has no idea about situation being discussed.

You are so baad at logic, that you don't get the meaning of simple sentences

I don't have much time today, but I will teach you a lesson in Logic 101
Sit down and pay attention
(don't press 'reply back' immediately, I will give you 1 day to understand it):

Statement A: If someone loves the club, he should reduce salary
Statement B: The reason someone should reduce salary is the love for their club

Any student having successfully passed logic 101, they should know that A is not LOGICALLY equivalent to B

Think of it for 1 day and maybe you get the difference between the two.

JamDav1982

The financial outlay required to replace Salah will outweigh the amount needed to pay his wages over his new contract. High scoring, left footed right wingers are rare.

Salah gets paid more a year than other players by a long way and that broke the structure others claimed was in place and would never happen.

I told you Klopp preferred Salah to Mane and he would get big money to stay.

Now wrong folk are claiming 'well there is still a structure in place'... of course but it isnt the structure the usual numpties claimed it was and would be.

Simple.

JamDav1982

You are so baad at logic, that you don't get the meaning of simple sentences

I don't have much time today, but I will teach you a lesson in Logic 101
Sit down and pay attention
(don't press 'reply back' immediately, I will give you 1 day to understand it):

Statement A: If someone loves the club, he should reduce salary
Statement B: The reason someone should reduce salary is the love for their club

Any student having successfully passed logic 101, they should know that A is not LOGICALLY equivalent to B

Think of it for 1 day and maybe you get the difference between the two.

'So bad at logic... from the man who gets every debate we have wrong and comes up with inane comments contradicting themselves as below.

The terrible logic here is thinking players should 'prove they love club' by reducing salaries and 'only act' that can prove it.

Usual Birdy gibberish reading a situation wrong.

No players whether they love club or not will be expected to prove it by reducing salary.

Idiotic claims 101.

Last edited:

Temptation

And before prople bring up Nunez and the financial outlay for him, he isn't a Salah replacement at all.

Nunez is a Firmino replacement in the long term as in a permanemt CF.

So, here's the deal:
We replaced Mane with Diaz long term. Diaz is less of a goal threat than Mane. So we need to make up for those goals so get in a CF who can score more than Bobby scored. Also, last season we struggled to score in finals so adding a physical monster with good finishing is an attempt to improve on that front too.

Now, let's face it, any Right winger replacing Salah wouldn't be able to get his numbers and we don't want that goal threat to drop at all.

And as we know, goalscorers cost the most so Mo deserves that contract.

This is basically me explaining the club's thought process on the Salah renewal.

Now, for the record, I must state that VVD is still our most important and crucial player for obvious reasons but defenders will always get less financial benefits than goalscoring forwards. VVD remains our best player. Mo is a close second.

JamDav1982

Read JAmmy READ
Don't write
READ

And maybe you get it eventually

I get it right every time.

You take L every time.

Simple. This is latest one you act arrogantly on and have no clue in reality what you are discussing.

Hang in there maybe you will be right on day and take a W. Maybe Xavi will love the great Dest and his 'world class' potential.... maybe.

And again... no player will reduce salary as 'only act' to prove they love club and no one will claim players dont love the club if refuse bar the usual simpletons that cant see situations being discussed.

JamDav1982

And before prople bring up Nunez and the financial outlay for him, he isn't a Salah replacement at all.

Nunez is a Firmino replacement in the long term as in a permanemt CF.

So, here's the deal:
We replaced Mane with Diaz long term. Diaz is less of a goal threat than Mane. So we need to make up for those goals so get in a CF who can score more than Bobby scored. Also, last season we struggled to score in finals so adding a physical monster with good finishing is an attempt to improve on that front too.

Now, let's face it, any Right winger replacing Salah wouldn't be able to get his numbers and we don't want that goal threat to drop at all.

And as we know, goalscorers cost the most so Mo deserves that contract.

This is basically me explaining the club's thought process on the Salah renewal.

Now, for the record, I must state that VVD is still our most important and crucial player for obvious reasons but defenders will always get less financial benefits than goalscoring forwards. VVD remains our best player. Mo is a close second.

Not relevant.

Simple point is some thought they had it all figured out and Liverpool had a structure in place which would see them not offering big money to Salah and more than others in squad to that extent.

They got it wrong.

The rest is waffle to try and say 'but I wasnt really wrong'.

I dont need to know clubs thought process I knew it before he was renewed hence why said they would.

Temptation

Salah gets paid more a year than other players by a long way and that broke the structure others claimed was in place and would never happen.

I told you Klopp preferred Salah to Mane and he would get big money to stay.

Now wrong folk are claiming 'well there is still a structure in place'... of course but it isnt the structure the usual numpties claimed it was and would be.

Simple.

It's pretty well documented that Klopp doesn't have a say in these contractual decisions and even transfers to a large extent. Klopp wanted Brandt instead of Salah but the board stepped in.

BTW, you missed a very important detail about Klopp's preference: it ain't got much to do with who stayed. Mane wanted a new challenge and a change of surrounding. Salah ALWAYS wanted to continue at Liverpool. Even when his agent was moaning about the club he made it clear that the player wanted to continue.

Plus the board finds it tougher to replace Salah's numbers than Mane. The pool of Left wingers is pretty big and hence we got Diaz.

So Mane leaving and Salah staying is a combination of multiple factors not just Klopp preferring one over the other lol.

I understand it's tough for your fragile ego to admit it but you know, it's almost as if there are several factors involved in these things and everything ain't black or white/wrong or right.

Also, I never said that we'd never have to cross the wage limit by a bit. All I did was praise the club's wage structure till that point. It's FSG's money after all. So far they have maintained their competence in dealing with monetary matters and this Salah contract hasn't changed that 1 bit: that was my point.

JamDav1982

No Klopp will advise board of who he wants to stay and importance to team. The club negotiate after that.

Mane wanted more money than Liverpool would pay him. Klopp prefers Salah. Simple.

All fluff anyway.

Some understood situation and Salah would stay on big money and break that structure some claimed was in place and would prevent it.

Haha 'fragile ego'... I called it correctly. You had no idea and got it wrong.

Thats the truth.

Keep waffling to deflect.

For a Liverpool fan you really cont understand much about that club.

Temptation

It's pretty easy to win a case where you are both the lawyer and the judge. :lol:

But then, in order to be a lawyer or judge, one must know how to read first instead of just typing before thinking. Cheers lad.

JamDav1982

It's pretty easy to win a case where you are both the lawyer and the judge. :lol:

But then, in order to be a lawyer or judge, one must know how to read first instead of just typing before thinking. Cheers lad.

Nope... it is simple.

I said Salah would renew on higher wages than folk claimed he would as there was a wage structure in place that would prevent it.

Doesnt take a lawyer to make that claim.. its a very simple one if understand the situation correctly.

No Jury required...Liverpool renewed him on higher wages and above what folk claimed he would get due to structure.

You got it wrong it happens.

Walk on lad.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans