Horatio clear

they just jelly.

cassette tape, the DVD, the laserdisc and Blu-Ray, invented by Dutch
Bluetooth, invented by Dutch
Wi-Fi(what you are using right now to read this), invented by Dutch

SIIIIIIIIUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

feggydinho

@JacobsBen (CBS)

Barca are prepared to challenge FDJ's contract in court as a last resort if he doesn't take a pay cut or leave.

For me this is interesting because if we really did this and succeeded with our lawsuit, we would immediately owe him the deferred wages as his salary reduction of the past 2 years would be null. Whereas now he does not have an official deferred payment to collect but a contract structure where it increases in the next years.

Funny case, he'll most likely win in court and he's definitely not accepting a wage cut. He's probably proving stubborn to leave because of the way they handled the situation. I just hope they didn't put registration of the newly acquired players in Frankie's hand cause that would be really funny.

jairzinho

They'd better have a case if they go to court, as this could backfire badly if we lose. Not much great if we win either.

They don't have a clue about what they're doing. Must have realized they screwed up somewhere with the wage cap calculations. Now they have to force him out to save face.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
None of us have a clue, we're really just guessing all of us - only a couple of people on the board/club, a couple of lawyers and de Jong really knows.
We do know though that de Jong is on a much to high wage - like way way to much. de Jong have to be delusional to think he is worth that much and he signed the contract a week before Barto got booted... It's annoying he is this stubborn since we want him gone if he doesn't reduce his wages and there are clubs willing to buy him. Simple as that. But the wage his on makes him think he is a god damn superstar and he simply isn't - far from...

feggydinho

None of us have a clue, we're really just guessing all of us - only a couple of people on the board/club, a couple of lawyers and de Jong really knows.
We do know though that de Jong is on a much to high wage - like way way to much. de Jong have to be delusional to think he is worth that much and he signed the contract a week before Barto got booted... It's annoying he is this stubborn since we want him gone if he doesn't reduce his wages and there are clubs willing to buy him. Simple as that. But the wage his on makes him think he is a god damn superstar and he simply isn't - far from...

The news around and even from ESPN says that De Jong is asking to be paid his deferred wages but Barca doesn't wanna pay him that, and are opting to pay him a fraction and that seems to be the challenge from what ESPN discussed this week. He's also not willing to take a paycut anymore with all the recent media bashing, and it doesn't even make sense (why take a paycut to accommodate 5 new players when your deferred wage hasn't been sorted yet, even the ESPN pundits were advising him to stay so Barca sees who has the real power, because it's a messy situation and barca seems to be getting in most recently).

He'll most likely leave before September but I'm not sure he's leaving this week, and I would be surprised if he takes any wage cut

Mitchell1978

@JacobsBen (CBS)

Barca are prepared to challenge FDJ's contract in court as a last resort if he doesn't take a pay cut or leave.

For me this is interesting because if we really did this and succeeded with our lawsuit, we would immediately owe him the deferred wages as his salary reduction of the past 2 years would be null. Whereas now he does not have an official deferred payment to collect but a contract structure where it increases in the next years.

Laporta is disgusting, how can you guys support this?

Sooke

There is no fourth lever that's the second half of the second level members voted on

Man are you dumb or what. You have pissed me off. The whole world knows about these 4 levers, only you are still arguing here. WTF is wrong with you? Just to prove you wrong I am going to write it again. Read carefully.

First Lever
Selling 10% of Barca TV rights to the American Investment firm Sixth Street

Second Lever
Selling another 15% to the same firm. From both levers Barca gained 522 million euro.

Third Lever
Selling 24.5% of Barca Studios to Socios.com for 100 mil.

FOURTH LEVER
Selling another 24.5% of Barca Studios to GDA Luma for 100 mil.

From all 4 levers the team has obtained a capital gain of 722 million euro. PERIOD.

Klysmakabouter

Man are you dumb or what. You have pissed me off. The whole world knows about these 4 levers, only you are still arguing here. WTF is wrong with you? Just to prove you wrong I am going to write it again. Read carefully.

First Lever
Selling 10% of Barca TV rights to the American Investment firm Sixth Street

Second Lever
Selling another 15% to the same firm. From both levers Barca gained 522 million euro.

Third Lever
Selling 24.5% of Barca Studios to Socios.com for 100 mil.

FOURTH LEVER
Selling another 24.5% of Barca Studios to GDA Luma for 100 mil.

From all 4 levers the team has obtained a capital gain of 722 million euro. PERIOD.

Shortselling future revenue, basically.

Klysmakabouter

Future revenues would take a dive in any case if we wouldn't strengthen the team and stayed mediocre.

Maybe it sounds ilogical, but selling part of future revenues can actualy increase future revenues.

That is a possibility, yes. Failing to achieve short term succes on the other hand (which is, let s be fair, not ruled out whatsoever) may put the club in deeper troubles then it already is. It is a two edged sword. A big gamble, no other way of putting it.

Home of Barca Fans