21 - Frenkie de Jong

Bobo32

Only world class player we have left. Xavi/Iniesta would struggle to make a big impact in this team.

Yes they would, as they did in 2007.
Could I see Frenkie as a midfielder in a team that regularly dominates games against the best? Unfortunately I think no...

mc_lovin

Yes they would, as they did in 2007.
Could I see Frenkie as a midfielder in a team that regularly dominates games against the best? Unfortunately I think no...

It's not just the midfield that dominates games. The forward line plays a huge part as well. Yesterday Memphis and Luuk created no space for our midfielders. This season will be determined by Ansu and Dembele. If they are alive and kicking we have a good team.

The 2007 example is terrible as well. We are well on course to have a season like that, with Frenkie looking easily like our best player.

Bobo32

It's not just the midfield that dominates games. The forward line plays a huge part as well. Yesterday Memphis and Luuk created no space for our midfielders. This season will be determined by Ansu and Dembele. If they are alive and kicking we have a good team.

The 2007 example is terrible as well. We are well on course to have a season like that, with Frenkie looking easily like our best player.

Yes of course the forwards matter. Replacing a forward with a CB in particular makes the early press much tougher. I hope you putting any hope on Dembele is some sort of sarcasm or something lol

Eh why is the example terrible then?

mc_lovin

Yes of course the forwards matter. Replacing a forward with a CB in particular makes the early press much tougher. I hope you putting any hope on Dembele is some sort of sarcasm or something lol

Eh why is the example terrible then?

The example is terrible, because Frenkie has an impact in a mediocre team as well. Like Xavi and Iniesta had. But neither of them would transform yesterday's game into a win (well, Iniesta has the best shot, but I would still seriously doubt that).

To Dembele: I have zero trust in him, that's why I don't expect anything this season. But at least he's a real forward with pace. His last season's performances would already help the team a lot, which were as mediocre as it gets.

Last edited:

Bobo32

The example is terrible, because Frenkie has an impact in a mediocre team as well. Like Xavi and Iniesta had. But neither of them would transform yesterday's game into a win (well, Iniesta has the best shot, but I would still seriously doubt that).

To Dembele: I have zero trust in him, that's why I don't expect anything this season. But at least he's a real forward with pace. His last season's performances would already help the team a lot, who were as mediocre as it gets.

That is literally what I wrote though?

malvolio

This season will be determined by Ansu and Dembele. If they are alive and kicking we have a good team.

Nope, season will not be saved by those two. Dembele is a lost cause and Ansu coming back strong is a big ask.

I would consider it a win if Fati at least fully recovers, doesn't get injured again and continues his progress. Giving him the 10 was just lame PR by the club.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Nope, season will not be saved by those two. Dembele is a lost cause and Ansu coming back strong is a big ask.

I would consider it a win if Fati at least fully recovers, doesn't get injured again and continues his progress. Giving him the 10 was just lame PR by the club.

With a healthy ansu, genius dembele and a strong coutinho we will win in allianz arena against bayern........then Dembele switchs the ps4 off.

Home of Barca Fans