21 - Frenkie de Jong

ajnotkeith

Were Edmilson, Bommel, Deco or Motta single pivots? They often played in the same starting lineup accompanied by Xavi or Iniesta, when he started to come around, but rarely both of them. So the theory of eternal single pivot doesn't work. Two "pivoty" players, who can also contribute towards attack has been in the past and i'm sure i could find other examples from Cruif era. Yes, DeJong can't have two AMs in front of him like Xavi seems to want (neither can current Busquets), but he can have two technical workhorses like DeJong and Kessie to cover each others asses and still be productive in bringing ball forward, while Pedri or his sub along with great forward line do the rest.

No point trying to argue rationally, people saying this don't actually believe in their point about double or single pivots. They just still think Busquets is the best DM in the world and want to keep him there until he turns 50.

Respekt_III

CyaWouldntWannaBeYa
'having balls' 'not being pussy' are childish stance.
Have said many times that being a professional athlete for a club at the highest level doesn't compare to any other wage labour.
There is a whole dimension aside from 'legality' of contracts, and that can't be neglected.
There is crowd and fanbase, and you are up against them ALL THE TIME if you are such athlete

If he had said he is staying and not taking a wage cut, soon he wouldn't be able to walk to his car without getting booed.
It would become intolerable for him.
He is clever enough to not want that and also seems to STILL (we will see for how long) value his career.
Only finished fucks like Bale and Umtiti take the "i am not a pussy" way...

As for A and B, totally wrong comparison.
Dembele is vital to the team, that's how Xavi sees things. And as long he convinced Laporta, there were 0% chances of the player being benched.
Nothing with how he sees Frenkie. He clearly doesn't rate him as an interior OR a single pivot, and prefers others to play there.
Hence all that talk about 'I like Frenkie at CB'.
He is not vital to the project, nor indisputable. He is going to warm the bench a lot if he stays, for sporting reasons alone...

If I used more eloquent phrasing would it still be childish, yet another absurd take. What's more hilarious is you thinking that it's o ky finished players that would take that stance when in fact plenty of players have done similar, they fulfilled their contract and not renewed regardless of the pressure being applied by the club and walked out on a free and gone on to other clubs...

As for the booing absolute rubbish, it won't last as long as you play decently. Most recent example yet again is Dembele being booed for a total of 2 games woww how can he survive some boos.

If you actually think he won't be played at all due to this or 'sporting reasons' then we won't be agreeing on anything regarding this matter.

jamrock

Motto & edmilson were often the DM, "single pivots" , deco is an interior just like Iniesta or Xavi, only van bommel fits the criteria you are trying to describe.

Even so your point is still not a solid one,Many here have said, de jong has not shown himself to be sufficiently special for any of the coaches that have coached him since being at FC Barcelona to change there system for him to be at his best.

Barcelona will play 4-3-3 with two CM, 1 pivot, if he isn't good enough to bench a old busquets out of that position, and he can't excel at the CM position, he has no position here.

Because xavi or any other coach thus far doesn't see him as a generational talent that you change your philosophy on football & system just to make him excel.

Pep isn't charging how he wants to play for KDB, why the hell would Barcelona/Xavi do it for de jong?.

He fits in and plays at a WC level at DM or CM in a 4-3-3 or he leaves.

He has 3 options, he has failed at 2 this far, so only 1 remains.

Respekt_III

CyaWouldntWannaBeYa
Motto & edmilson were often the DM, "single pivots" , deco is an interior just like Iniesta or Xavi, only van bommel fits the criteria you are trying to describe.

Even so your point is still not a solid one,Many here have said, de jong has not shown himself to be sufficiently special for any of the coaches that have coached him since being at FC Barcelona to change there system for him to be at his best.

Barcelona will play 4-3-3 with two CM, 1 pivot, if he isn't good enough to bench a old busquets out of that position, and he can't excel at the CM position, he has no position here.

Because xavi or any other coach thus far doesn't see him as a generational talent that you change your philosophy on football & system just to make him excel.

Pep isn't charging how he wants to play for KDB, why the hell would Barcelona/Xavi do it for de jong?.

He fits in and plays at a WC level at DM or CM in a 4-3-3 or he leaves.

He has 3 options, he has failed at 2 this far, so only 1 remains.

Yes the famous world class coaches we've had since he's been here. Great argument straight from the zindane play book.

jamrock

No point trying to argue rationally, people saying this don't actually believe in their point about double or single pivots. They just still think Busquets is the best DM in the world and want to keep him there until he turns 50.

No one thinks busquets is the Best DM in the world.
Is actually more delusional that fans think Frankie is crushing it at DM in training & coach after coach sees and is like naaaah imma still play busquets

All these coaches were right about puig not being good enough, but they are all wrong about Frankie don't being good enough to bench a old busquets at DM and not being special enough for Ian to change out system to help him. Excel.

He needs a coach that plays a certain way. He should shoul go to Man utd.

jamrock

Yes the famous world class coaches we've had since he's been here. Great argument straight form the zindane play book.

Let's see valverde very good coach. No de jong are DM.
Setien shit
Keoman mostly brought it because they thought he would help de jong, still no Frankie at DM.
Xavi WC player who knows the game better than anyone on some random internet forum, oops still no Frankie.

Try harder

snowy

..Only finished fucks like Bale and Umtiti take the "i am not a pussy" way...

Umtits yes but don't you dare insult the Welsh Dragon. He's a Cule Legend for making Flo foam at the mouth all'em years :lol:

If he had said he is staying and not taking a wage cut, soon he wouldn't be able to walk to his car without getting booed.
It would become intolerable for him.
He is clever enough to not want that and also seems to STILL (we will see for how long) value his career.

Fuck it, even Messi & Ney got booed. Not saying you, but most fans act like entitled, often hysterical and menopausal ol'flee bags. No matter what you do, there always will be complaints.

What some are saying is: He'll do it for the love of the club

and I can imagine a scene where adoring fans would surround the player and in a moment of bliss, he'd do away with earthly concerns BUT

strike back to reality and if what the playa see see is Fatso and his lil'pradrerat trying to bounce him out da club, it would take a major beta cuck entanglement fever to make him comply :lol:

Thought about it from all angles, best thing Frenkie can say is: I'm available, send the bat signal when you need me

Ratios! :batman:

jamrock

If Frankie was anywhere near as good as some still he is, despite them being totally unable to list 20, screw even 10 WC games across 3 seasons since being here.

If he was crushing it in training, no self respecting coach would start busquets over him, busquets would either be on the bench or be asked to play CM.

He isn't build for 4-3-3 and he isn't anywhere near a special enough of a talent for a coach to change their preferred system to fit help him perform better.

Gnidrologist

if he isn't good enough to bench a old busquets out of that position, and he can't excel at the CM position, he has no position here.
That's the problem right there. He is. And not because he's necessarily a generational talent, but cuz Buskets is so damn shit, especially at protecting our defense. I'd rather have likes Motta than him at this point.

jamrock

That's the problem right there. He is. And not because he's necessarily a generational talent, but cuz Buskets is so damn shit, especially at protecting our defense. I'd rather have likes Motta than him at this point.

That's the problem right there for me, just because we need to move on from busquets which I agree with 100% doesn't mean we just throw anyone there.

If Frankie can't bench him, then we need to find a better solution, maybe that's Nico or someone else.

What's clear as day is that after 3 seasons it's not de jong.

Respekt_III

CyaWouldntWannaBeYa
Let's see valverde very good coach. No de jong are DM.
Setien shit
Keoman mostly brought it because they thought he would help de jong, still no Frankie at DM.
Xavi WC player who knows the game better than anyone on some random internet forum, oops still no Frankie.

Try harder

Valverde was with fdj abiut a year and played him quite a bit. Even though not at dm but then it was purely amigo culture under him.
Setien yep shit.
Koeman that's absolute bullshit
Xavi is a rookie coach, World class player != world class or even decent coach. So my point stands.

Might need to take your own advice and try harder.

Last edited:

jamrock

Valverde was with fdj less than a year and played him quite a bit. Even though not at dm but then it was purely amigo culture under him.
Setien yep shit.
Koeman that's absolute bullshit
Xavi is a rookie coach, World class player != world class or even decent coach. So my point stands.

Might need to take your own advice and try harder.

Typical bunch of excuses for frankie from his fan club, can't accept the fact that, 4 coaches have come and gone including his own country man who he played great under for his country and NONE thought him good enough to move busquets.

Try even harder still.

Respekt_III

CyaWouldntWannaBeYa
Typical bunch of excuses for frankie from his fan club, can't accept the fact that, 4 coaches have come and gone including his own country man who he played great under for his country and NONE thought him good enough to move busquets.

Try even harder still.

I don't see excuses? Lol fuck you are dumb.

jamrock

Busquets being slow & past it, does not then make Frankie de jong the world's best DM.

Frankie can be very fast & mobile, excel young man that will be WC under the right coach & system.

All of that doesn't mean he is,has been or will be WC for us.

Thankfully the people who are in charge under this & are trying to find a busquets replacement, while spinning Frankie into 2 signings to help the team.

Home of Barca Fans