21 - Frenkie de Jong

serghei

Wait, i cut that clip from a full game and convert it to a gif. There is another version of game that Frenkie is actually fouled???

It was a stonewall pen. Let it go.

But I agree that there is not much to suggest Frenkie could be a class lone DM at Barcelona. You'd have to put in a lot of work to make it work, and even if you give him a lot of playing time, there are elements in his game that are not suited for the DM position.

Frenkie's situation is complicated. I don't know what we should do. I'd be inclined to sell for 90m+ but then I have no reassurance we get a great player for the money.

vegitot

Yes he was clipped and it was a clear pen.

You are discussing something that deluded fans brought up at time depserate to make out he fouled himself for some bizarre reason.

Cmon man, Frenkie obviously triped himself here. There was no contact. But let it end here.

JamDav1982

It was a stonewall pen. Let it go.

But I agree that there is not much to suggest Frenkie could be a class lone DM at Barcelona. You'd have to put in a lot of work to make it work, and even if you give him a lot of playing time, there are elements in his game that are not suited for the DM position.

Frenkie's situation is complicated. I don't know what we should do. I'd be inclined to sell for 90m+ but then I have no reassurance we get a great player for the money.

I have never seen anyone claim he would be a great DM.

The money even if get 90m for him would barely cover Kessie and Christensen salary I believe.

malvolio

It is 2030 and we're still sitting here asking how to better integrate FDJ.

Busquets from beyond the grave still better than him as lone DM.

JamDav1982

It is 2030 and we're still sitting here asking how to better integrate FDJ.

Busquets from beyond the grave still better than him as lone DM.

Nah he isnt and its 2022 and 10 years out of 11 that Busi and his unique skill set have been torn to shreds in Europe.

Could still be case in 2030.

Folk actually cant see how teams are setting up to expose Busi and his failings.

Andresito

Staff member
He's as good as gone. He's one of Laporta's 'economic levers' that could get sacrificed to prioritize other needs.

Home of Barca Fans