User Tag List

Page 759 of 762 FirstFirst ... 259659709749757758759760761 ... LastLast
Results 11,371 to 11,385 of 11417

Thread: 21 - Frenkie de Jong

  1. #11371
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    32,073
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by malvolio View Post
    Build the team around Soler!
    Get emotional when folk think Busi is done.

  2. #11372
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    32,073
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vegitot View Post
    Bruno must be a few times better than Iniesta by key passes.

    Key pass doesn't tell the whole picture. Busi's passing, vision and creativity is much superior to Frenkie's.

    Busi can not run like Frenkie but Frenkie can't pass and receive pass like Busi either. His defense is even worse than Busi.
    Nah Busi passing is not as good as made out and he positions himself in ways as to not even receive ball a lot these days. Being able to move impacts how effective passing is also.

    Busi is terrible defender for a DM. Constantly out of position and chasing ball leaving defence exposed.

    Not a team going bar Bara that chooses Busi as DM ahead of FDJ even if not his best position.

    Scholes probably better passer than Busi or FDJ.. get him out of retirement or Pirlo.

  3. #11373
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    3,662
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vegitot View Post
    Bruno must be a few times better than Iniesta by key passes.

    Key pass doesn't tell the whole picture. Busi's passing, vision and creativity is much superior to Frenkie's.

    Busi can not run like Frenkie but Frenkie can't pass and receive pass like Busi either. His defense is even worse than Busi.
    i know right LOL

    These fucking SPREADSHEET enthusiasts do my head in. You look at Bruno and the lad can't control the tempo of the game, has poor ball retention, poor defensive positioning, can't dribble but because he constantly spams balls like a retard and clocks in those "create chances" stats people rate him like he's some top midfielder. Dude lacks so many fundamentals. Like fuck, you know who he reminds me of? OUSMANE DEMBELE. He's the Ousmane Dembele of midfielders. Bruno just doesn't "look" right with the ball, lacks the proper fundamentals but because he has "good numbers" people overrrate him.

    Same with Dembele: can't dribble like a normal winger, can't pass like a normal winger, can't position himself like a normal forward, but because he spams crosses and racks up those assists he's being rated as a top talent.

    I swear, it's like these version of football fans dont watch football but read off numbers based on what they have on excel. By these metrics, Iniesta would definitely be below Bruno and Dembele like you said.

  4. #11374
    Senior Member
    iniestaGOAT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    2,594
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: Spain
    Quote Originally Posted by Laplacian View Post
    i know right LOL

    These fucking SPREADSHEET enthusiasts do my head in. You look at Bruno and the lad can't control the tempo of the game, has poor ball retention, poor defensive positioning, can't dribble but because he constantly spams balls like a retard and clocks in those "create chances" stats people rate him like he's some top midfielder. Dude lacks so many fundamentals. Like fuck, you know who he reminds me of? OUSMANE DEMBELE. He's the Ousmane Dembele of midfielders. Bruno just doesn't "look" right with the ball, lacks the proper fundamentals but because he has "good numbers" people overrrate him.

    Same with Dembele: can't dribble like a normal winger, can't pass like a normal winger, can't position himself like a normal forward, but because he spams crosses and racks up those assists he's being rated as a top talent.

    I swear, it's like these version of football fans dont watch football but read off numbers based on what they have on excel. By these metrics, Iniesta would definitely be below Bruno and Dembele like you said.
    Nah man bruno is so shit even dumbele is levels above him

  5. #11375
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    32,073
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bruno is irrelevant.

    He is high risk AM that is given freedom to try anything he wants and move to areas can try and impact game in final third.

    It is well known he gives ball away a lot as tries high risk actions often.

    No one is claiming Barca want him or has any relevance to the debate.

  6. #11376
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    4,031
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Laplacian View Post
    i know right LOL

    These fucking SPREADSHEET enthusiasts do my head in. You look at Bruno and the lad can't control the tempo of the game, has poor ball retention, poor defensive positioning, can't dribble but because he constantly spams balls like a retard and clocks in those "create chances" stats people rate him like he's some top midfielder. Dude lacks so many fundamentals. Like fuck, you know who he reminds me of? OUSMANE DEMBELE. He's the Ousmane Dembele of midfielders. Bruno just doesn't "look" right with the ball, lacks the proper fundamentals but because he has "good numbers" people overrrate him.

    Same with Dembele: can't dribble like a normal winger, can't pass like a normal winger, can't position himself like a normal forward, but because he spams crosses and racks up those assists he's being rated as a top talent.

    I swear, it's like these version of football fans dont watch football but read off numbers based on what they have on excel. By these metrics, Iniesta would definitely be below Bruno and Dembele like you said.
    Though Bruno has eyes for final ball and he can make great final ball as well, but you are right.

  7. #11377
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Tanzania
    Posts
    8,411
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imagine


    ..............ter stegen
    Dest..Araujo....Koulibaly...Sosa
    ..............de jong
    .....Soler.............Pedri
    Dembele...Lewandowski...Fati
    Between a rock and a hard place

  8. #11378
    Senior Member
    vuji_31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    2,695
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gasgas View Post
    Imagine


    ..............ter stegen
    Dest..Araujo....Koulibaly...Sosa
    ..............de jong
    .....Soler.............Pedri
    Dembele...Lewandowski...Fati
    Hmm, that soler can't be starter.

    We need better player in defense then him.
    Also Dest. Bever played good game against top teams.

  9. #11379
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    6,800
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Xavi asks Frenkie de Wrong not to go looking for the ball.

    https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbo...car-balon.html

    Concerning article. Says Xavi doesn't want Frenkie to go looking for the ball but to wait for it behind the opposition. So more spread out hooker play hoping for Busquets to find everyone 20 metres away.

    Also Xavi is indirectly saying that the way he played, was incorrect.
    Oscar Winners

    2018- One Night in Liverpool
    2019 - Crouching Valverde, Hidden Malcom
    2020 - Raging Kow

  10. #11380
    Senior Member
    vuji_31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    2,695
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is guardiolas logic.

    Nothing new.

  11. #11381
    Senior Member
    Bobo32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    4,011
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by malvolio View Post
    [@BarcaForumStats]

    Jordi Alba made more key passes than FDJ, in any of the 3 seasons the Dutchman has played for FC Barcelona.

    We should totally build the team around Busi though.

    Pedri had 40 KP, FDJ 49. While Pedri started 7 games less than FDJ.
    hmmm, so Alba was better than FdJ in this particular stat, but where does Busi fit in? The stat seems completely irrelevant to his position.

    So the stat presenter was dubious. Pedri also had 40, he hid that from those viewing his stat. I think it is not a necessity to reach 40 KP as a MC in Barcelona, but I would predict that any MC playing decently well and decently often for a decently playing Barcelona would reach 40 KP over a season. I wonder what the numbers were in 2011 for example.... Though I think the stat initself is a bit stupid, not saying too much.
    Deep is the hatred that burns in base hearts in the presence of beauty

  12. #11382
    Junior Member
    Sooke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    82
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Manchester Evening News"

    Manchester United is preparing an offer of 75 mil. pounds = 88 mil. euro for F. de Jong. The new manager of the team, Erick ten Haag wants his compatriot at Old Traford.
    That 88 mil. plus 20 mil. for Coutinho give us some resource to buy new players. I think Franck Kessie is coming in to replace Frankie de Jong.

  13. #11383
    Senior Member
    malvolio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    7,061
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: Romania
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobo32 View Post
    hmmm, so Alba was better than FdJ in this particular stat, but where does Busi fit in? The stat seems completely irrelevant to his position.

    So the stat presenter was dubious. Pedri also had 40, he hid that from those viewing his stat. I think it is not a necessity to reach 40 KP as a MC in Barcelona, but I would predict that any MC playing decently well and decently often for a decently playing Barcelona would reach 40 KP over a season. I wonder what the numbers were in 2011 for example.... Though I think the stat initself is a bit stupid, not saying too much.
    I was being sarcastic by implying we should not build the team around Busi since Alba had more KP than both. Just like the original poster was doing.

    Key Passes = passes that lead to a shot. The best in La Liga are likes of Munian, Fekir, Benzema. While the stat says something it doesn't tell the whole picture, as attacking players will be in an around the box more often than DMs.

    Busquets is a better DM for Barca than FDJ is. Probably FDJ is better than Busquets at playing box to box or a more advanced role. So KP is pointless stat to bring up.

    The issue is not that FDJ is trash, but he costs too much for what he provided in 3 years here. And since he can't successfully play another role it is better that we part ways and HOPEFULLY we get someone that brings more to the team, either in midified or other department.

  14. #11384
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    32,073
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FDJ is a better DM than Busquets for any team not trying to play with some out dated idea of football even though limits him.

    'Probably a better box to box than Busquets'.

    That sentence alone shows the delusion. As if there is any doubt.

    Agree that if not playing FDJ in role that gets best out of him then he is not worth the cost and rejecting of potential fee but not when the idea he doesnt fit into is one based on the midfield Xavi sets up that is failing to dominate game.

    He is giving keys to Busi in acres of space and giving up middle of parks freedom to go and dominate game.

    Teams are sittting off slow Busi not scared of him on the ball, isolating him as Xavi wants other mids high up park.

    Two issues with that when teams sit back... Busi doesnt move ball quickly enough and cant zing it quikcly side to side and cant threaten through middle enough. Result is slow play through middle of park to wide players too often.

    Other issue is isolated Busi at DM is being done on the break and targeted as 1 he is too slow and 2 he follows ball out of position and tries to win it early.
    Last edited by JamDav1982; 14th May 2022 at 08:03 AM.

  15. #11385
    Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    175
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't believe every Tom, Dick & Harry talks about buying a Barca starter!