21 - Frenkie de Jong

MTL_Barca

If we sell him to United at least rip them off completely. They have money and just finished 6th in PL, if anyone's gonna pay us 90+ mil it will be them.

Givenchy

From what I've read surrounding this 'saga' Frenkie himself has no interest in joining United despite ETH (no CL will really fuck them in recruitment) and Barca, happy to sell him, are using United to drum up interest so a top CL club comes in and Frenkie is open to join them, win-win. problem is, only United are interested in him at this stage so I think it's se queda.

Also, United aren't stupid anymore so the 90mil+ is not going to happen. They have a 120mil budget apparently and need to recruitfor more than just midfield.

since we signed the CVC deal, if we are still hell bent on forcing him to leave then it really shows Xavi just doesn't rate him.

Iniesta Ultra

Bernardo is on our radar again. Would be great if we could do a straight swap with Frenkie. Although I think ten Hag is more interested in Frenkie than Pep is.

Would be hilarious if we got Silva and Xavi tells him midfield too dangerous pass to Dembele for Xavicross lmao.

Messigician

🚨🚨[ @FabrizioRomano🥇] | BREAKING: Barcelona and Manchester United are now in talks for Frenkie de Jong. The club have informed the price for FdJ is around ?85M.

CatalinR10

����[ @FabrizioRomano��] | BREAKING: Barcelona and Manchester United are now in talks for Frenkie de Jong. The club have informed the price for FdJ is around ?85M.

??????????

Stupid club.

At least say the asking price is 115 mil since we really don't want to sell him, ending , after negotiations , in us selling him for 100 mil.

Laplacian

United still has the same owners. Stupidity still there.

Manchester United has no ball retention ability/press resistance, short passing excellence, and tight space dribbling in their midfield. Their midfield in terms of technique is atrocious. Frenkie de Jong's issue on this forum is end product, judging by the posts on this thread, and defensive ability; whereas he excels at the attributes I listed, probably one of the best in Europe at it. Even if he's that expensive, he'd solve a huge hole in Utd by a considerable amount and I can definitely see him lasting 5+ years. IMO he's worth the investment, not a stupid acquisition.

However just him won't be enough, they'll need another DM and another CM because the other options (Bruno, Mctominay, Fred) just aren't good enough. If they just buy Frenkie and expect everything to go smoothly, then yeah they're still stupid.

Home of Barca Fans