21 - Frenkie de Jong

Devils

Manchester United is his level.

He doesn't have to worry about winning league titles and will be competing for the Europa league.

No pressure for him and that is when he thrives best.

Givenchy

Manchester United is his level.

He doesn't have to worry about winning league titles and will be competing for the Europa league.

No pressure for him and that is when he thrives best.

Sounds like sour grapes bro

He's easily a level above United and should be in the CL. I think he'll do well there and be challenging in 3-4 years providing ETH doesn't bloat their squad with meh Eredivisie players

malvolio

Same people that are amazed no CL club is in for him, have a problem with the fee and want 100M.

Time to realize FDJ just isn't in demand. Elite midfielder FDJ that is.

xXKonan

80 Million euros, lel.

Good luck getting B.Silva as a replacement. Welcome Zubimendi, Soler as replacements instead.

serghei

80 million is a decent transfer fee. What were you expecting to get for him?

I agree. I was hoping for 80+10 variables or something like that. Pushing more to the 90 mark.

That being said, if we spend a big chunk of that on fucking 34 years old Lewandowski it's a bad deal. Unless we somehow win La Liga next year.

Last edited:

xXKonan

I agree. I was hoping for 80+10 variables or something like that. Pushing more to the 90 mark.

That being said, if we spend a big chunk of that on fucking 34 years old Lewandowski it's a bad deal. Unless we somehow win La Liga next year.
Yeah I'm not trying to be pessimistic but I see Laporta blowing a big chunk of the cash on Lewa, with the excuse of "We have commitments we had to honor or some stuff".

Feels like the B. Silva is going to end up being nothing more than smoke and mirrors and to be fair, we are still not out of the woods financially wise but it won't stop us from doing something boneheaded during this transfer window.

Devils

Sounds like sour grapes bro

He's easily a level above United and should be in the CL. I think he'll do well there and be challenging in 3-4 years providing ETH doesn't bloat their squad with meh Eredivisie players

Not sour grapes but more reality than not.

He's not a top 10 midfielder in the world. Could argue he's not in the top 15 either. Also contrary to people blaming the system, it's pretty clear that he has huge limitation a player i.e. his passing/vision is virtually non existent. Over the last 3 years, his overall performance at Barca was average at best.

I'd take him any day over Busquets, but at the same time, I'm not going to pretend like this guy is a huge asset to our midfield and his contribution can't be replaced fairly easily (although we probably wont even do that lol).

Nazario1985

Let's be honest and grateful to ManU because that's the only Euro club who can commit that amount of money for him.

He is a good player and will fit ManU style and level easily.

Laplacian

80 million is a decent transfer fee. What were you expecting to get for him?

I think 80 million is the total transfer fee too, right? The guaranteed fee is 65 million which is super low.

Seems pretty much done. I'm amazed no CL clubs came in for him honestly.

I said it before, every other top club already has a strong midfield. Think about it: Bayern, Liverpool, City, Chelsea, Juventus and Atletico Madrid. The only team without a strong midfield that can afford him is PSG. Anyone expecting 100m-120m because they expected a bidding war were being delusional. Especially when De Jong is being forced out.

Last edited:

BusiTheKing

I think he definitely is a top 10 midfielder despite a subpar latest season. The biggest issue with selling him is that his physicality was the only thing keeping us afloat in the intense games.

Pedri - Gavi - Busquets would get absolutely run over in a CL knockout (as they already did against Frankfurt).

Home of Barca Fans