21 - Frenkie de Jong

malvolio

hmmm, so Alba was better than FdJ in this particular stat, but where does Busi fit in? The stat seems completely irrelevant to his position.

So the stat presenter was dubious. Pedri also had 40, he hid that from those viewing his stat. I think it is not a necessity to reach 40 KP as a MC in Barcelona, but I would predict that any MC playing decently well and decently often for a decently playing Barcelona would reach 40 KP over a season. I wonder what the numbers were in 2011 for example.... Though I think the stat initself is a bit stupid, not saying too much.

I was being sarcastic by implying we should not build the team around Busi since Alba had more KP than both. Just like the original poster was doing.

Key Passes = passes that lead to a shot. The best in La Liga are likes of Munian, Fekir, Benzema. While the stat says something it doesn't tell the whole picture, as attacking players will be in an around the box more often than DMs.

Busquets is a better DM for Barca than FDJ is. Probably FDJ is better than Busquets at playing box to box or a more advanced role. So KP is pointless stat to bring up.

The issue is not that FDJ is trash, but he costs too much for what he provided in 3 years here. And since he can't successfully play another role it is better that we part ways and HOPEFULLY we get someone that brings more to the team, either in midified or other department.

JamDav1982

FDJ is a better DM than Busquets for any team not trying to play with some out dated idea of football even though limits him.

'Probably a better box to box than Busquets'.

That sentence alone shows the delusion. As if there is any doubt.

Agree that if not playing FDJ in role that gets best out of him then he is not worth the cost and rejecting of potential fee but not when the idea he doesnt fit into is one based on the midfield Xavi sets up that is failing to dominate game.

He is giving keys to Busi in acres of space and giving up middle of parks freedom to go and dominate game.

Teams are sittting off slow Busi not scared of him on the ball, isolating him as Xavi wants other mids high up park.

Two issues with that when teams sit back... Busi doesnt move ball quickly enough and cant zing it quikcly side to side and cant threaten through middle enough. Result is slow play through middle of park to wide players too often.

Other issue is isolated Busi at DM is being done on the break and targeted as 1 he is too slow and 2 he follows ball out of position and tries to win it early.

Last edited:

hardyboy

Letting him go would be a massive mistake. I simply don't trust any of our current mids except Pedri. Gavi is young and can't be a starter in a team whose ambition is to win titles. Busquets is done and dusted, should leave the club imo and Kessai is just average. Imagine a team consising Lewa, Frankie, Fati and Pedri. We would be unstoppable if these 4 remain fit throughout the season.

Laplacian

"Manchester Evening News"

Manchester United is preparing an offer of 75 mil. pounds = 88 mil. euro for F. de Jong. The new manager of the team, Erick ten Haag wants his compatriot at Old Traford.
That 88 mil. plus 20 mil. for Coutinho give us some resource to buy new players. I think Franck Kessie is coming in to replace Frankie de Jong.

Jesus fuck! 90m euros! What the fuck?! Damn United.

malvolio

According to reports from Evening Standard (via stretty news): Xavi said: “For me he is very important, he [De Jong] has been a starter practically every game, except when he has been rotated due to tiredness, fatigue or competition. For me he is fundamental. But we all depend on the economic situation of the club.”

Porque

Why would Xavi mention the economic situation. Just stop at the line about being fundamental.

He just reduced the transfer fee by 10-15m by admitting we need to sell our fundamental players because of the financial situation.

vegitot

According to reports from Evening Standard (via stretty news): Xavi said: ?For me he is very important, he [De Jong] has been a starter practically every game, except when he has been rotated due to tiredness, fatigue or competition. For me he is fundamental. But we all depend on the economic situation of the club.?

A goodbye message.

Barcilliant

Why would Xavi mention the economic situation. Just stop at the line about being fundamental.

He just reduced the transfer fee by 10-15m by admitting we need to sell our fundamental players because of the financial situation.

Because he is stupid and not ready to be a Barcelona coach. He should have cut his teeth at Barca B or a lower level Liga team.

Barcilliant

The problem imo is the managers he's had here and the presence 8f that turd Busquets.
Get a competent manager and De Jong would make the midfield his.
He will shine at Utd under Ten Hag for sure. That fat prick Laporta hired Xavi based on knee jerk emotion.

Givenchy

The problem imo is the managers he's had here and the presence 8f that turd Busquets.
Get a competent manager and De Jong would make the midfield his.
He will shine at Utd under Ten Hag for sure. That fat prick Laporta hired Xavi based on knee jerk emotion.

It's always the managers or Bumsquets fault. Frenkie just isn't that good imho. a solid player but not worth the amount we paid (based on hype from that Ajax CL run) and he isn't the midfielder we can build the team around.

I don't believe the shit Xavi says about wanting him to stay either or him being crucial.. he's the first midfielder subbed off time and time again.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans