User Tag List

Page 599 of 600 FirstFirst ... 99499549589597598599600 LastLast
Results 8,971 to 8,985 of 8986

Thread: 21 - Frenkie de Jong

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hardly weak. It was a one man midfield. Pedri and bousquets are invisible men.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iniestaGOAT View Post
    Hardly weak. It was a one man midfield. Pedri and bousquets are invisible men.
    He is no better than Pedri or Busquest in this game

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is a player who will shine when the team effort works well like he did in ajax but here at barca he wont get support. COuld be the third season in a row in which he wont win a la liga title.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vegitot View Post
    He is no better than Pedri or Busquest in this game
    This. In all big games Frenkie and Pedri aren't any better. So what's the issue then? Because all I see are excuses of the type 'at least others were worse'.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by malvolio View Post
    This. In all big games Frenkie and Pedri aren't any better. So what's the issue then? Because all I see are excuses of the type 'at least others were worse'.

Another overhyped player , nowhere near as good as some on here think he is.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only world class player we have left. Xavi/Iniesta would struggle to make a big impact in this team.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    Only world class player we have left. Xavi/Iniesta would struggle to make a big impact in this team.
    Yes they would, as they did in 2007.
    Could I see Frenkie as a midfielder in a team that regularly dominates games against the best? Unfortunately I think no...
    Deep is the hatred that burns in base hearts in the presence of beauty

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobo32 View Post
    Yes they would, as they did in 2007.
    Could I see Frenkie as a midfielder in a team that regularly dominates games against the best? Unfortunately I think no...
    It's not just the midfield that dominates games. The forward line plays a huge part as well. Yesterday Memphis and Luuk created no space for our midfielders. This season will be determined by Ansu and Dembele. If they are alive and kicking we have a good team.

The 2007 example is terrible as well. We are well on course to have a season like that, with Frenkie looking easily like our best player.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mc_lovin View Post
    It's not just the midfield that dominates games. The forward line plays a huge part as well. Yesterday Memphis and Luuk created no space for our midfielders. This season will be determined by Ansu and Dembele. If they are alive and kicking we have a good team.

The 2007 example is terrible as well. We are well on course to have a season like that, with Frenkie looking easily like our best player.
    Yes of course the forwards matter. Replacing a forward with a CB in particular makes the early press much tougher. I hope you putting any hope on Dembele is some sort of sarcasm or something lol

Eh why is the example terrible then?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes of course the forwards matter. Replacing a forward with a CB in particular makes the early press much tougher. I hope you putting any hope on Dembele is some sort of sarcasm or something lol

Eh why is the example terrible then?
    The example is terrible, because Frenkie has an impact in a mediocre team as well. Like Xavi and Iniesta had. But neither of them would transform yesterday's game into a win (well, Iniesta has the best shot, but I would still seriously doubt that).

To Dembele: I have zero trust in him, that's why I don't expect anything this season. But at least he's a real forward with pace. His last season's performances would already help the team a lot, which were as mediocre as it gets.
    Last edited by mc_lovin; 15th September 2021 at 09:45 AM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The example is terrible, because Frenkie has an impact in a mediocre team as well. Like Xavi and Iniesta had. But neither of them would transform yesterday's game into a win (well, Iniesta has the best shot, but I would still seriously doubt that).

To Dembele: I have zero trust in him, that's why I don't expect anything this season. But at least he's a real forward with pace. His last season's performances would already help the team a lot, who were as mediocre as it gets.
    That is literally what I wrote though?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is literally what I wrote though?
    Nevermind :P Thought that was a dig at Frenkie.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This season will be determined by Ansu and Dembele. If they are alive and kicking we have a good team.
    Nope, season will not be saved by those two. Dembele is a lost cause and Ansu coming back strong is a big ask.

I would consider it a win if Fati at least fully recovers, doesn't get injured again and continues his progress. Giving him the 10 was just lame PR by the club.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by malvolio View Post
    Nope, season will not be saved by those two. Dembele is a lost cause and Ansu coming back strong is a big ask.

I would consider it a win if Fati at least fully recovers, doesn't get injured again and continues his progress. Giving him the 10 was just lame PR by the club.
    With a healthy ansu, genius dembele and a strong coutinho we will win in allianz arena against bayern........then Dembele switchs the ps4 off.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fati_Future_BallonDor View Post
    With a healthy ansu, genius dembele and a strong coutinho we will win in allianz arena against bayern........then Dembele switchs the ps4 off.
    Thought Sony banned him forever.