21 - Frenkie de Jong

M3ls

Silva gets more money in the City than Frankie.

Silva's salary is 18 million euros.

And in Barcelona, ​​he will receive about the same.

serghei

Apparently the corrupt fraud Tebas and the rest of the La Liga organization does not recognize approx. 150 mil. euros made from the sale of audiovisual rights to Sixth Street. Currently the club is 30 mil. euros away from meeting the demands (this is IF the 4th lever is included) - so not a huge margin, but enough to necessitate the sales of Depay and Frenkie and getting rid of almost ALL deadwood (Braithwaite, Umtiti if possible and perhaps Pjanic as well - Nico on loan is on the board and Neto is all but closed).

If we are to sell Frenkie and get Silva for roughly the same amount, the 30 mil. euros difference will probably be in the massive wage difference between the two; also, with Depay and possibly the other bums off the books, we could be registering everyone and working towards climbing to the top of Europe once again.

But it seems that out of all levers, the 4th one is the lever Laporta would not want to activate for some reason based on what I've read.

serghei

Source? As far as I have read he earns significantly less than Frenkie.

Yeah, I think so too. Thing is Frenkie's wages are going up and up. Barto's MO was to get these players and increase their wages in time knowing that paying them was not his problem, but down to the next board.

Man was all about saving his own skin and burdening the next dude in charge. Barto the rat probably done as much damage as possible without breaking the line and committing financial fraud and going to jail.

With elected presidents like this, being privately owned is not that bad of a proposition. At least if you are a shit CEO, you will risk your own money and fortune. As it stands, Bartomeu is clean as Virgin Mary after such a demolition job as a Barca leader.

Not all elected presidents truly care for the club and are huge Barca fans. Some will be in it for the fame. Bartomeu clearly operated without any care about the club in general, as a sporting entity that exists well outside of his time as president.

Last edited:

Saladin

According to Sport, Silva would be willng to reduce his current salary by 50 %. Apparently, he believes in the project.

serghei

According to Sport, Silva would be willng to reduce his current salary by 50 %. Apparently, he believes in the project.

Come on, that would be too crazy. :lol: EPL fanboys would be in meltdown if he trades City for Barca and also takes a big salary downgrade.

Joan

Even if Silva is on 18m, Frenkie is on 30m for the next season. Big difference.

And Pique on 52 [MENTION=15376]DonAK[/MENTION]

feggydinho

I find that hard to be true, only news I saw concerning 50% was Laporta saying Frenkie can stay if he reduces his salary by 50%, which won't happen

Birdy

Silva gets more money in the City than Frankie.

Silva's salary is 18 million euros.

And in Barcelona, ​​he will receive about the same.

Where did you get that mate?

Bernardo is getting around 9m EUROS gross OR 5m NET per year at City
Quite low salary, he is underpaid there.

He can come here on the same salary w/o problem, but I reckon he might get a small pay rise to get around 12m gross/6m NET per year here,
on the same scale as Fati, Dembele, Kessie, Kounde, Raphinia

Home of Barca Fans