21 - Frenkie de Jong

Porque

We're trying to shift to a lower wage structure which is the right move, but we can't force Frenkie to reduce his contract. Though if he stays there is going to be obvious friction.

Obviously we're not going to stop paying Frenkie.

But the options are very obvious for everyone with a braincell (so not England).

Frenkie has to either:-
-move to stay on a wage level he wants
-stay and reduce salary (probably diff to be paid at unspecified deferall date)
-stay over the cap

Each one will have cause and effect.

snowy

It's almost impossible. Goes against all logic, and the board has been consistent with wage related issues.

Logic & da bouzeman is like oil & water bro :chuckle:

-stay over the cap

my fav option would be to go on loan to a cool club for 1 year but no one's talking about it

If stay, he'll call their bluff and stay over the cap. The only way he'd have agree to reduce his wages is if they showered him every day of the pre-season with a full harem of hypnotist babes :lol:

Last edited:

Joan

It's almost impossible. Goes against all logic, and the board has been consistent with wage related issues.

It's BS. Spanish sources leaked he took a 40% pay cut and a French journalist Santi Aouna reported 11m net figure. Santi Aouna has no sources close to Barcelona. Edu Polo who is a tier 1 journalist for Barcelona hit back at him saying he's spreading Sissoko's propaganda to hide the agent's incompetence. While it's unlikely he took a 40% pay cut, 11m net is a joke.

Birdy

I've missed maybe 10 games overall in last 5 seasons. Now, tell me, in which games exactly did he flopped, your highness?

Start by you naming me games where he excelled.
I can only think of three games in the 3 years he has been here:
Napoli CL home before the 2-8 vs Bayern, PSG away 1-1 (played at Libero), Copa final vs Bilbao (played as free box to box)

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Even Lewandowski is not making 11m net this season. Imagine thinking Dembele would be making that :lol:

Dembele's salary is at the level of Ansu's which is around 6m net.

serghei

We're trying to shift to a lower wage structure which is the right move, but we can't force Frenkie to reduce his contract. Though if he stays there is going to be obvious friction.

Obviously we're not going to stop paying Frenkie.

But the options are very obvious for everyone with a braincell (so not England).

-stay over the cap

Sensible stuff really, you don't have to be a genius. Plus, if he decides for option 3, he puts himself into a corner. He has to prove he is one of the best 2-3 players in the team next season, worthy of the one of the highest salaries (at that numbers, his salary is probably the highest). An incredibly difficult task.

If he doesn't justify his wages with his performances, and continues to play mediocre stuff, he'll still get paid, but his value as a footballer will probably decline a lot, and he will turn into an unlikable figure both in the locker room and for the fans. And a footballer, you're supposed to want glory as well, something United fans might have forgot in the decade that passed. It should be more than just about the paycheck at the end of the month.

Birdy

Reports also say club wants him to take a 4m pay cut. If that's true and numbers on this leaked contract from Marca about three weeks ago are correct then I think they want him to go back to what he'd earn last season if not for deferred wages.

16569331608898.jpg

They want him to cut wages by 4m NET, which equals close to 8-9m GROSS on the basic wages
They also want him to forgo all 'loyalty' crap and possible the title bonuses, according to what they did with the captains last summer...

Birdy

-stay over the cap

Option 3 doesn't exist.
It's only in his (or his agent's and entourage's) mind, but not in reality.

If he tries to go down 3, things will become unsustainable for him very very soon...

As for playing him: AGAIN he is not as vital to Xavi's tactical plan as Dembele was.
He is gonna sit a loooooot on the bench, especially if Allemany or Laporta ask for that

PS: @HelenaCondis
Bar?a has made it clear to him that he has 2 paths: accept the salary reduction or leave because his file is unsustainable.

serghei

This is not about morality. We are actually moral to players like Araujo and Pedri who were proposed lower money deals not long ago based on the idea that the club is restructuring their wage limits. Raphinha also was subject to a lower wage deal than what Chelsea offered without a doubt. And so on.

This is applied to all players because the club made it public that what Bartomeu did was irresponsible and harmful to the stability of the club. We were willing to let Dembele leave for free than give up on that mission.

There's nothing moral about Frenkie de Jong earning by far more money than players like Araujo or Pedri for example. Quite the contrary. He will get the money, but if he shows the club that money is no1 for him, Barca will treat him as such.

He has the contract we signed that protects him. But that's not going to do him any good. Rubbing the bench at Barca is better than making the same money to play for United? I know United are shit, but still better than Barca's bench as cosy as it is.

Last edited:

malvolio

We've always been ruthless cunts, just like all big clubs really. But some were bitching in here that we are not more like Madrid in this regard.

Here we are, being ruthless again and people start crying at the fact we don't treat players well. I guess most people started following this club 1 year ago.

Home of Barca Fans