21 - Frenkie de Jong

serghei

And what happens if he accept the paycut? From my understanding of how Paycut has being with our players so far, it's just deferred wages, and that's why we're owing Pique so much right now. So are we asking De Jong to defer

No. We are asking him to basically give away money based on my understanding, because a) he is not worth the money we give him (I hope we won't say it to his face though :lol:), and b) we established Bartomeu was a moron that had Barca leading for a collapse, so we are trying to "correct" his generosity.

This is like him signing a new contract with us basically, with a salary drop. Same way as Dembele basically.

Frenkie has the option to go against club's wishes and accept nothing, but he doesn't seem the arrogant and tough guy to deal with the implications of that. You need thick skin to tell people to fuck off and deal with your decision. He genuinely is a nice guy who wants to be liked, so I hope they don't end up in a feud. Nobody gains from it, looking both at the club, and De Jong's human traits.

Last edited:

feggydinho

No. We are asking him to basically give away money based on my understanding, because a) he is not worth the money we give him (I hope we won't say it to his face though :lol:), and b) we established Bartomeu was a moron that had Barca leading for a collapse, so we are trying to "correct" his generosity.

This is like him signing a new contract with us basically, with a salary drop. Same way as Dembele basically.

Frenkie has the option to go against Barca and accept to nothing, but he doesn't seem the arrogant and tough guy to deal with the implications of that. He genuinely is a nice guy who wants to be liked, so I hope they don't end up in a feud. Nobody gains from it.

I don't think he would since it's already in his contract. He might just defer it again. And for Dembele it's rumored that he was earning 12m gross before but now earns 10-11m net if he meets some objectives, and reports says that the objectives aren't that steep though we don't know what's valid again

Last edited:

Joan

They want to cash on him and get rid of his wages. Deferred wages will be paid one way or another. Whether it will be Barca or split between two clubs.

If they can?t make him leave, they want him to take a pay cut. But he can't be forced.

iniestaGOAT

They want to cash on him and get rid of his wages. Deferred wages will be paid one way or another. Whether it will be Barca or split between two clubs.

If they can?t make him leave, they want him to take a pay cut. But he can't be forced.

If he stays let's just hope he does not whine about plTing out of position, 60 mins or whatever

This fool

Falcao

Man Utd legends raging on the internet and then arguing with kids just because Frenkie doesn't want to join them. Not to forget all the lies and misinformation. What is it now, 11th year of rebuild for Manchester United with them struggling to attract major players?

Meanwhile Barca look to be on their way back already after two years :alveshat:
Everyone is now recognising how classless Barca have become. In England with Chelsea and United, Germany with Nagelsmann and now even in Barca loving Netherlands. It?s sad to see but that?s how it is.

serghei

I don't think he would since it's already in his contract. He might just defer it again. And for Dembele it's rumored that he was earning 12m gross before but now earns 10-11m net if he meets some objectives, and reports says that the objectives aren't that steep though we don't know what's valid again

Contracts can be modified at any time if the two parties agree to the terms and sign to them. I think the law prohibits the decrease to be more than some margin, I don't know exactly, but it should be possible to reduce the value of a running contract.

Joan

Can you send a link to Dembele's case? I'd be shocked that was true.

Gnidrologist

Everyone is now recognising how classless Barca have become. In England with Chelsea and United, Germany with Nagelsmann and now even in Barca loving Netherlands. It?s sad to see but that?s how it is.
Naah, guys. You were butthurt and vindictive way back before.

serghei

I think we could reach an agreement where both the club and the player are gonna give it one last go and have him staying this season, with an agreement to seek a transfer in the summer if it doesn't work out as expected.

His value could drop though, unless United tank hard this season and desperately need him again in 2023. He'll still be just right age.

KingLeo10

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Classless? You mean how you treated LVG (by phoning in Mourinho behind his back) while he was winning y'all bums one of the few cups you've won in last 10 years.

Calma. All big clubs are ruthless like this. Barca isn't the only one

Givenchy

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Classless? You mean how you treated LVG (by phoning in Mourinho behind his back) while he was winning y'all bums one of the few cups you've won in last 10 years.

Calma. All big clubs are ruthless like this. Barca isn't the only one

Chelsea fans talking about ethics and morals in light of recent times has to be the biggest crock of shit this summer though :lol:

It truly amazes me how people STILL believe everything the media report on, it's like the deferred wages being legally owed. Says who? British journo's start reporting on it and these npcs start repeating it.

Home of Barca Fans