21 - Frenkie de Jong

jamrock

I love how the De jong support club likes to try & act as if he wasn't right there in midfield too when Barcelona were getting kicked in the teeth over the past 3 seasons.

nah it was only busquets that was crap, if only we had benched him & play de jong things would have been different, because he has so much more quality.

Mean while Barcelona are begging for other teams to come in for in across Europe and the only team remotely interested is Man utd.

If he was showing anything like the quality some seem to believe he has been, every team in Europe would be in for him. Because teams find away to fit in quality.

But guess what, none have, wanna know why? I'll give you a few reasons.

Almost all top teams in Europe plays exclusively a 4-3-3 (thank pep & FC Barcelona for that in the modern contex), and what has Frankie showed thus far in that system?.

1. He's shit at CM
2. He can't play as a single pivot.

Hence signing de jong for any team would necessitate, either a small & major change in how they set up, to something like 2 men system like he played in at Ajax.

And guess what? None is willing to make that change, & Barcelona isn't willing to make that change for 1 simple reason.

he's good but he ain't that good, for any top team to try & accommodate him to that extent, they have seen what he has done over 3 seasons & color them unimpressed.

Will city change there setup for him? Nope
Liverpool? Nope
Bayern? Nope

Chelsea & Psg could actually do with a player like him and Chelsea play a system he would kinda fit in & still no interest.

Why? Because he hasn't showed enough since being at Barcelona to warrant spending big money on him, all the Ajax kids have been failures who have showed they need the perfect system to play well & really only 1 coach plays a 4-2-3-1 these days and it's ten hag and jose, so two.

The market is tell you everything you need to know, everything that is clear as day for anyone who has seen him for 3 seasons for us can tell you as well, but instead we try to find execuses.

Yea let's play 4-2-3-1 with Pedri & De jong and have Pedri sitting deep, lol never gonna happen, no self respecting coach would do that or let's play him as the pivot with a water carrier beside him in a 3 man midfield, he is no pirlo.

He should just leave, he'll be excellent at man utd & we can use the money to help balance the books.

malvolio

LMAO. LE is a biased twat of a National Team manager. The guy rates garbage like Ferran and Garcia highly so I wouldn't pay much attention to who he benches. :lol:

On the other hand, Pep who has all the money itw to assemble a squad starts and rates Rodri very highly. Would rather take that bit into account.

Pep doesn't have Busquets and Rodri at his disposal. He also had his fare share of dross, bought for huge sums.

Gnidrologist

[MENTION=1732]jamrock[/MENTION]
With Busi we simply have -1 in crucial area, when defending. Nobody lookef good in those defeats, because it's hard to play well, while being shorthanded against top teams. We also had likes of Messi and Suarez, who refused to help in pressing.

mc_lovin

Love Frenkie, but when you look at different midfield setups he just feels off. Take the classic ones:
1) Pedri-Busquets-Kessie
2) Pedri-Busquets-Frenkie

The first one just feels more natural to me (granted I haven't seen much of Kessie). It's also much closer to (the well functioning) Spain, where Busquets and Pedri have a stronger/grittier player next to them in Koke.

Same feeling at DM. Definitely prefer Nico's profile, who hopefully gets there performance wise. Frenkie again looks off.

Was repeated countless times, but he's an ill fit in a 433 and a double pivot (thankfully in my book) won't happen. If he's smart he eyes Bayern Munich next year. I wouldn't go to United either.

Gnidrologist

Love Frenkie, but when you look at different midfield setups he just feels off. Take the classic ones:
1) Pedri-Busquets-Kessie
2) Pedri-Busquets-Frenkie
Remove Busquets from both equations and there might actially be two competitive midfield combos. As long as gramps has to play, it doesn't matter who accompanies. It gets fucked against non scrubs.

mc_lovin

Remove Busquets from both equations and there might actially be two competitive midfield combos. As long as gramps has to play, it doesn't matter who accompanies. It gets fucked against non scrubs.

Don't like the look of Pedri-Frenkie-Kessie/Gavi honestly. Much prefer Busi there. Or Nico if he gets to starter material.

vuji_31

De Jong does not deserve that money, if he wants to stay so bad, get 60% lower paycheck.

No?

Set him on the bench so he can watch WC from home.

vegitot

Replace gramp by Nico or whoever in current team as a lone DM will end up even more disaster.

Home of Barca Fans