21 - Frenkie de Jong

jamrock

I don't see excuses? Lol fuck you are dumb.

That's not trying harder that's just drawing for insults.

Try harder still, if you can't see the execuses not much I can do with that for yah.

But try & Try harder still you'll get it eventually.

Won't even throw a insult at you, it's a waste.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
That's not trying harder that's just drawing for insults.

Try harder still, if you can't see the execuses not much I can do with that for yah.

But try & Try harder still you'll get it eventually.

Won't even throw a insult at you, it's a waste.

Seriously where are the excuses? Point them out to me. I'm waiting.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Pedri is ahead of him in the pecking order, Kessie possibly too, but while I love Gavi I do not believe he has shown nearly enough to suggest he should also be in front of Frenkie.

Gavi has the same flaws as Frenkie currently where he runs a lot with the ball but has very little end product apart from a magical pass here and there, and it's the same when he plays for Spain.

Frenkie if anything is better currently in that regard. Especially with his forward runs.

jamrock

Pedri is ahead of him in the pecking order, Kessie possibly too, but while I love Gavi I do not believe he has shown nearly enough to suggest he should also be in front of Frenkie.

Gavi has the same flaws as Frenkie currently where he runs a lot with the ball but has very little end product apart from a magical pass here and there, and it's the same when he plays for Spain.

Frenkie if anything is better currently in that regard. Especially with his forward runs.

That's a fair breakdown & description of things.

I think in Xavi's mind though he would play gavi more because he sees him as the future, but you are right re there general comparison.

Last edited:

DonAK

That's a fair breakdown & description of things.

I think I'm Xavi's mind though he would play gavi more because he sees him as the future, but you are right re there general comparison.

Yeah, it's probably why we've been rumored to be wanting Bernardo Silva too. Because Xavi want one midfielder at least who can consistently make that final pass or score when he has the chance to do so.

Pedri has shown that he can do that, but is inconsistent which is natural given his age. Frenkie and Gavi has shown that rarely so far. Kessie is not that type of midfielder either.

Gnidrologist

If Frankie can't bench him, then we need to find a better solution, maybe that's Nico or someone else.
Where can we see that he can't bench him? I usually fight with JamDev, but in his case he's right. Busquets has been terrible, especially at the tail end of the season, while Frankie was not only better than him defensively, but also as a playmaker/retainer and even attacking asset. There's almost nothing that current Busquets has been better at in matches we played last season and we suffered, when fielding someone else for Dejong. With all love for Gavi, he just hasn't had any presence as a mid outside of few magic moments. He's still 17 and should be bench option for next 3 years at least. And busquets should retire from Barca asap.

Last edited:

DonAK

Frenkie or Nico would be better than Busquets in a high intensity game where they have to run a lot. We're not going to be able to control the game against any of the elite European teams and having Busquets no matter what he brings to the table is just handicapping yourself.

Busquets just get bullied in those type of games and doesn't have the legs to run or cover anything.

Even having a CDM who just runs around and is able to follow the man he is marking would be better.

jamrock

Where can we see that he can't bench him? I usually fight with JamDev, but in his case he's right. Busquets has been terrible, especially at the tail end of the season, while Frankie was not only better than him defensively, but also as a playmaker/retainer and even attacking asset. There's almost nothing that current Busquets has been better at in matches we played last season and we suffered, when fielding someone else for Dejong. With all love for Gavi, he just hasn't had any presence as a mid outside of few magic moments. He's still 17 and should be bench option for next 3 years at least. And busquets should retire from Barca asap.

Because he's been here for 3 seasons & busquets is still the starter, even going into the 4th when we have more than enough bodies that will remain the case.

I'm all for finding a solution to busquets, but if coach after coach doesn't see de jong as the solution,fans need to stop huffing & buffing.

Accept that he isn't gonna be our starting DM because if he was it would have happened already, people are behaving as if this situation has only started since xavi was here.

I've just accepted after 3 seasons that de jong isn't the solution & I don't see him as being special enough to change things around to fit him in.

I'm for giving Nico a chance this season, while looking to find someone else come the summer.

For what Frankie is being paid he hasn't delivered, better to cut out loses & use his transfer to help the team & our finances.

But if he stays would I rather de jong to busquets in a game against idk city? Sure.

Doesn't mean I think he's good enough to be their though, just better than a 33 year old busquets.

Gnidrologist

Because he's been here for 3 seasons & busquets is still the starter
Okay, so you don't have argument. If he was starting these last 3 seasons, then he would be good no matter what, because coach chose him. You simply refuse to see things at face value - in this case - actual performances, especially in crucial matches.
I've just accepted after 3 seasons that de jong isn't the solution & I don't see him as being special enough to change things around to fit him in.
He's better player than likes of Edmilson or Motta for sure. The later played in one lineup with likes of Deco, Bommel and Xavi, who himself was much more defensive/deep lying than what Xavi-the-coach supposedly want from his CMs.
Put him along with Kessie and see what happens. Until then you just blindly believe the status quo, ebcause a guy with biggest authority gets to play.

Last edited:

Birdy

If I used more eloquent phrasing would it still be childish, yet another absurd take. What's more hilarious is you thinking that it's o ky finished players that would take that stance when in fact plenty of players have done similar, they fulfilled their contract and not renewed regardless of the pressure being applied by the club and walked out on a free and gone on to other clubs...

As for the booing absolute rubbish, it won't last as long as you play decently. Most recent example yet again is Dembele being booed for a total of 2 games woww how can he survive some boos.

If you actually think he won't be played at all due to this or 'sporting reasons' then we won't be agreeing on anything regarding this matter.

It's not about the phrasing.
It's a childish stance as long as someone is interested in his career.
That's why I always use Umtiti's example, as it shows very clearly what the criteria are: Do you care about your career? Yes or No?
Same is with Pjanic, who knows he can't play at top level any more and wants to drain every penny an imbecile named Barto signed to give him.
But you understand why both do it: they are done physically or age-wise, and want a good retirement cheque before they head out of the profession.
Frenkie? 25yr old Netherlands international who has a good decade of career in front of him?
Why would he behave as if he is done?

Plenty of players have run down contracts waiting for a move to the club they like.
OR they are again the finished fucks that don't care about their careers.

Again, Dembele is false comparison. Dembele had been vital to the sporting plan of Xavi, and he was gonna play no matter what.
Plus, the issue with Dembele had a short horizon: only 6 months, not 4 years that Frenkie's contract has still to run

Feeling the negative reception from the fans can't be tolerated for long, and you think Frenkie can go on whistling indifferently for 4 more years just to pocket the money signed under Barto, not caring if he is warming the bench or not?
You have to have a really thick skin and NOT give a FUCK about your career to do that.

I don't get what your argument is here...

Last edited:

jamrock

Okay, so you don't have argument. If he was starting these last 3 seasons, then he would be good no matter what, because coach chose him. You simply refuse to see things at face value - in this case - actual performances, especially in crucial matches.

He's better player than likes of Edmilson or Motta for sure. The later played in one lineup with likes of Deco, Bommel and Xavi, who himself was much more defensive/deep lying than what Xavi-the-coach supposedly want from his CMs.
Put him along with Kessie and see what happens. Until then you just blindly believe the status quo, ebcause a guy with biggest authority gets to play.

Not quite sure what the first part of your reply means TBH, he was starting the past 3 seasons and has been average at best, in the CM position and deem not good enough to bench busquets at the DM position.

Unless all the busquets is shit & should be dropped posters believe all they coaches have some kind of vendetta against de jong.

Idk I's say both edmilson & motta are better DM than de jong TBH, Frankie is a better player sure but in that role not so sure, especially for edmilson who was class, motta I'll probably give you that, but motta was more of a squad player, not that highest paid player in the squad.

Where we diverge is that you believe de jong is of sufficient quality for us to figure out a way to play him & I believe what my eyes have shown me, which Is that he needs a special set of circumstances to Excel which he will never get here.

So best to flip him for something else.

Like I said up top, busquets being old & slow, does not then make de jong a WC player at DM that would improve us drastically in that position, if that was the case he would already be doing that.

No coach is gonna see all that quality and be like oh nah imma still play busquets Because he's my friend.

The busquets hate is just making people say anyone will.he better than busquets at DM, when that simply isn't true, Frankie isn't better than him right now In that position for us.

fergus90

I don't think any midfielder should be guaranteed a place, and that includes Pedri too. Xavi has enough options to experiment and find the best balance.

Last edited:

serghei

I don't think any midfielder should be guaranteed a place, and that includes Pedri too. Xavi has enough options to experiment and find the best balance.

True. Situation changed. And the pressure on the midfield will increase a lot considering that the objective now is different after all these signings. Suddenly, this is not going to be a season where people will be patient with Pedri and Gavi.

They need to rise to the challenge. The tempo of the game will get higher and the passing has to get sharper and more consistent.

Gnidrologist

Not quite sure what the first part of your reply means TBH, he was starting the past 3 seasons and has been average at best, in the CM position and deem not good enough to bench busquets at the DM position.
No coach is gonna see all that quality and be like oh nah imma still play busquets Because he's my friend.
You underestimate the role of hierarchy and authority, especially in the sort of environment that pro sports are. Barca has been a prime example of this for so long that Xavi was still part of it as a player. Also favoritism for one reason or another.

Home of Barca Fans