21 - Frenkie de Jong

kistedu

FdJ signed the delayed wages to help the club out, only to be conned out of the money.

What a shame of a club Barca have become. It s pitiful. They have to screw over their own players so they can sign in the new players they already contracted but can t afford.

This,

Contract is a contract and both sides need to respect it.
Barca is embarrassing herself in the world on this way. Frenkie allways showed love for the club and doesn't deserved to be treated like that.

iniestaGOAT

This,

Contract is a contract and both sides need to respect it.
Barca is embarrassing herself in the world on this way. Frenkie allways showed love for the club and doesn't deserved to be treated like that.

Nope. Barca has not disrespected the contract. Barca thinks he should get that money at the end of the contract. Frenkie thinks he should get that money now if he's leaving.

It's uniteds problem. If they want him pay him the money that should be paid at the end of contract.

Which they probably agreed to but this bum still does not wanna go probably wants money from both sides

Klysmakabouter

Nope. Barca has not disrespected the contract. Barca thinks he should get that money at the end of the contract. Frenkie thinks he should get that money now if he's leaving.

It's uniteds problem. If they want him pay him the money that should be paid at the end of contract.

Which they probably agreed to but this bum still does not wanna go probably wants money from both sides

It is Barca s problem since Frenkie has no incentive to sign a contract with ManU. Why would he? If he stays he gets the money his original contract stated he was owned.

Also, Barca is in no way able to squander the huge investments they already made in Frenkie, now added with the investment in already signed players they can t register to play. No way Xavi is going to bench Frenkie if he refuses to leave, because that would completely ruin the huge investment made.

It seems FdJ has the upper hand and his agents know this. And IMO they are 100% in the right. Barca asked him to sign a new contract to help the club out, and they are now cunning him out of the money. It is unworthy of a club with the stature of Barca, it is a farce how the club is handling theirselves financially. It is embarrassing, really.

Last edited:

Rory

Fail to feel sorry for Frenkie. Leveraged an offer from PSG to get his crazy salary. Such love for us. Should have offered a normal amount and said your golden prison awaits you in PSG.

On the other hand he's looked like the only player who tries some games and clearly cares enough to fight for the shirt.

iniestaGOAT

It is Barca s problem since Frenkie has no incentive to sign a contract with ManU. Why would he? If he stays he gets the money his original contract stated he was owned.

Also, Barca is in no way able to squander the huge investments they already made in Frenkie, now added with the investment in already signed players they can t register to play. No way Xavi is going to bench Frenkie if he refuses to leave, because that would completely ruin the huge investment made.

It seems FdJ has the upper hand and his agents know this. And IMO they are 100% in the right. Barca asked him to sign a new contract to help the club out, and they are now cunning him out of the money. It is unworthy of a club with the stature of Barca, it is a farce how the club is handling theirselves financially. It is embarrassing, really.

Barca asked him to help the club out by getting paid at the end of the contract. He agreed and thats when he will get paid if he stays. He has no business asking for money now.

If united is willing to pay that money which I think they are whats the problem?

He has every incentive to sign for united. Barca does not need him. He knows that. Manager does not rate him. He probably knows that too.

He can stay here and ruin his career.

Joan

I think people try to show the board in a bad light, worse than it actually is. Rumours about Frenkie leaving started in May, Romero reported what a source from within the club told him. I can hardly believe they’ve been trying to push him out publicly without contacting him first and trying to negotiate some kind of a deal. Whether it’s a sale or a wage reduction.

Since May most rumours came from British media and almost nothing from Spain (all reports about Barca accepting United’s offers; apparently first we accepted 65 but later they decided to add another 20m ‘cause why not came from the UK, sounds reliable btw). Then, a week or two ago Laporta came out with comments about Frenkie and how hard it would be to keep him on his current wages, trying to pressure him into accepting a transfer or a wage reduction. They probably leaked his contract which was bad. Not a new modus operandi in Barcelona though. But people overreact. We even have new posters coming to tell us how disgusted they are with club’s actions. It’s not like there’s a whole smear campaign targeted at Frenkie (again, not something we haven’t seen before).

The board has a player on their hands who is fragrantly overpaid for what he brings to the table. He’s still young, has decent resale value and isn’t indispensable to the team but he refuses to leave. Now well-mannered gentlemen who frequent this very thread expressing their sympathies might leave him be but it?s pretty obvious the board would try to put moderate pressure on him and try to force him out. There’s a line where that pressure isn?t moderate anymore but I don’t think the club has crossed it (yet), and I don’t see them doing so.

Klysmakabouter

Barca asked him to help the club out by getting paid at the end of the contract. He agreed and thats when he will get paid if he stays. He has no business asking for money now.

If united is willing to pay that money which I think they are whats the problem?

He has every incentive to sign for united. Barca does not need him. He knows that. Manager does not rate him. He probably knows that too.

He can stay here and ruin his career.

His incentive to stay is getting the money he is contractually owed and was promised. I don t see Xavi benching Frenkie if he refuses to leave. Or ?ruining his career? as you say. Barca s investment in FdJ is simply too big. They are reliant on keeping his value as high as possible to make any return on investment.

Let?s be fair, the reduced wages were an agreement to let the club register new players at the time - with the know-how he would be paid the first agreed wages later in the contract. He did this for the club and was in no way obligated. It was a gentlemen agreement of sorts, which the club now seems to completely disregard - because !again! they want to register new players but can t because of financial mismanagement.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Been reported multiple times Xavi want him to stay and rates him very highly and would only be in favour of selling him if they sign Bernardo Silva.

It's a ruthless business, but the way the club go on about their business sometimes is just bad. Maybe if they went to Frenkie in good faith and had serious discussions with him instead of leaking shit in the media he would agree to leave to a CL club or even take a paycut. Tough to say what the outcome would be, but lately both Catalan and Dutch reporters been saying the club never asked him to take a paycut.

vegitot

Been reported multiple times Xavi want him to stay and rates him very highly and would only be in favour of selling him if they sign Bernardo Silva.

🚨| Xavi himself told Frenkie De Jong that he has to leave; the coach will decide on whether the player will go on the pre-season tour or not.
@CatalunyaRadio [🎖️]

fergus90

I don't think Xavi would bench De Jong out of spite. I think he'd bench him because he prefers other options though.

Since Xavi's arrival, it's not been uncommon for De Jong to be hooked off first despite publicly praising him sometimes. Now with the arrival of Kessie, his never ending love story with Busquets, Pedri and Gavi, it's more than plausible he sees less game time this season.

Last edited:

iniestaGOAT

His incentive to stay is getting the money he was promised. I don t see Xavi benching Frenkie if he refuses to leave. Or ?ruining his career? as you say. Barca s investment in FdJ is simply too big. They are reliant on keeping his value as high as possible to make any return on investment.

Let?s be fair, the reduced wages were an agreement to let the club register new players - with the know-how he would be paid the first agreed wages later in the contract. He did this for the club and was in no way obligated. It was a gentlemen agreement of sorts, which the club now seems to completely disregard - because !again! they want to register new players but can t because of financial mismanagement.

He's getting the money from Manchester united. I assume that's why the agreed with united increased by 10-15.

He gets played for 60 mins. Or from the bench. He's been playing second fiddle to the likes of pedri and it will only get worse with the new arrivals and young players growing older.

He gotta go. He needs to realize he's not needed. Things would be different if he wasn't trash on the field.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I think it's clear Bernardo Silva is not happening though. Yesterday there were reports about Xavi being pleasantly surprised by Pjanic and how he could be Frenkie's replacement :lol:

fergus90

I think it's clear Bernardo Silva is not happening though. Yesterday there were reports about Xavi being pleasantly surprised by Pjanic and how he could be Frenkie's replacement :lol:

Bernardo definitely won't happen, Pjanic will still leave but i'm also willing to be Xavi would consider Nico and Sergi Roberto at DM before Frenkie let alone Kessie.

fergus90

All of this could be a great motivator though for genuine competition for places. Not out of the realms of possibility that this is the motivation Frenkie needs to kick on.

He's got it in his locker somewhere and this might be the motivating factor.

Home of Barca Fans