User Tag List

Page 825 of 974 FirstFirst ... 325725775815823824825826827835875925 ... LastLast
Results 12,361 to 12,375 of 14596

Thread: 21 - Frenkie de Jong

  1. #12361
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Posts
    4,618
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: England
    Quote Originally Posted by JamDav1982 View Post
    Intrigued to see how Pep plays Rodri and Phillips as they are quite similar.

    Phillips at Leeds was more known for sitting deep and dictating play with a great range of passing than being any kind of box to box player but he is big, physical and mobile so probably wanting that in team with Fernandinho gone.

    Take Phillips in for a year to settle then sell Rodri to Barca when Busi leaves....
    Probably as backup for Rodri?? Philips is a bit more mobile than Rodri and has a better long ball but Rodri will obviously start the crucial games.

    Since Sterling is leaving, they wanted another English player for the homegrown quota.

  2. #12362
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    3,117
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by malvolio View Post
    Frenkie isn't legally obliged to do shit. He has a contract with FC Barcelona, regardless if that was agreed with the previous board or the new one.

    The only thing that can force him to leave is the fact he won't play that much. Xavi also seems to not rate him.

    You are confusing responsibility with kindness or the willingness of a player to adhere to some new club strategy. It is not Frenkie's problem that Barca want to suddenly pay 10M net max as salary for a player.
    I agree. The player has a contract, he didn't cheat or deceive the club into giving him that money.

    Also, news now him not leaving for MU yet is because Bar?a have still not paid what was owed after deferral of wages. It is understandable from his point of view. Add to that he enjoys a good quality of life in Barcelona with his miss and Bar?a are competing for CL, would you willingly leave ?

  3. #12363
    Senior Member
    Givenchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    7,012
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Romero saying Chelsea have 'warmed up' for Frenkie.

    Most of us wanted a swap deal.. involving Bernardo. Imagine if we end up with a swap deal involving Alonso and Azpi

  4. #12364
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    33,816
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Givenchy View Post
    Romero saying Chelsea have 'warmed up' for Frenkie.

    Most of us wanted a swap deal.. involving Bernardo. Imagine if we end up with a swap deal involving Alonso and Azpi
    Chelsea trying for MDL also.. maybe they think FDJ being there helps with that but couls easy be Barca rumours with no substance.

  5. #12365
    Senior Member
    Givenchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    7,012
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JamDav1982 View Post
    Chelsea trying for MDL also.. maybe they think FDJ being there helps with that but couls easy be Barca rumours with no substance.
    Potentially, Jorginho to Juve + money for MDL, leaving a space in midfield for Frenkie?

  6. #12366
    Senior Member
    FinBarcelonafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Turku
    Posts
    22,244
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    United fans shitting their pants now. Pay up United or fuck off.

    Chelsea is happy to pay.

  7. #12367
    Member
    TheStig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    289
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We could use Jorginho if we didn't have the best DM in the (Xavi's) world.
    Some say he's a fan of Barcelona...

  8. #12368
    Senior Member
    JerseyAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    6,620
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Barcelona players are overpaid, all of them, and yes they should all take pay cuts, but we all have to get it by now that it comes to big money now. The club owes big money to players and at some moment they won't cut it Why should they? They took pay cuts, they took installments, deductions, revisions, but in one moment they see that this is an endless pit... and it is, in the end not their problem... it is Barto's, or now Laporta's.

    I am talking about players that have played. Not some leech benchwarmers that want to parade in Barca colors... those leeches deserve the boot in the ass.
    Andres DON Iniesta is the only player in football's history to be Man of the Match in a Champions League final, EURO final and World Cup final.

  9. #12369
    Senior Member
    Birdy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    5,484
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JamDav1982 View Post
    Nah simple as this... no player is reducing their salaries for the 'love of the club' and usual bollocks from folk that get everything wrong time and again and have ni idea what is going on.

    Pique, Alba and Busi wont give up their deferred salaries that take them over that 'new' salary structure either due to 'love of club'.

    You should stop talking as if you know about structures at clubs when you took your latest L last week when called Salahs renewal completely wrong when I told you they would renew him above any other player.
    SAme old crap.

    You keep strawmaning pretending the reason players should reduce is the 'love of the club'
    The reason they should reduce is the new wage structure the new administration is imposing and the fact that the club is bankrupt.

    Again, you never fail to show how bad your logic is.
    You are too old maybe for that, but a LogiC 101 course would suit you well, you will learn the basics of arguing w/o committing one logical fallacy after another

    Lastly, Frenkie and Captain's situation is not comparable as everyone here told you.
    Frenkie is sellable assets, the others are not.
    So, if you keep employing that comparison, you are committing more logical fallacies, your specialty

    Quote Originally Posted by malvolio View Post
    Frenkie isn't legally obliged to do shit. He has a contract with FC Barcelona, regardless if that was agreed with the previous board or the new one.

    The only thing that can force him to leave is the fact he won't play that much. Xavi also seems to not rate him.

    You are confusing responsibility with kindness or the willingness of a player to adhere to some new club strategy. It is not Frenkie's problem that Barca want to suddenly pay 10M net max as salary for a player.
    It's not as simple as that.
    He is not legally obliged, but at the same time some things happened:
    1) club got bankrupt
    2) there has been elections, there has been a new administration
    3) the new administration has made it clear there is a new wage structure in which no player gets more than 10m net / year
    4) they have shifted every squad member towards their new wage structure, new signings included

    All that means that it's not as simple as 'being legally obliged' to do X
    It's not as if Barto is still around and these contracts are being handed to everyone
    He will be forced to do it, not legally but pragmatically.
    He can't whistle around indifferently for long, the pressure on him will be huge in a few weeks

    And if you look the players the club wanted to move (and Could be moved) due to their wages, ALL got moved in the end.
    Suarez out, Rakitic out, Griezman out, Coutinho out, Messi out (even if they said they wanted him to renew), Dembele out
    The same route will take Frenkie if he doesn't reduce his salary

    Each of them could sit on their contracts and pretend it's ok, by they didn't.
    It takes a huge amount of indecency and belittling your integrity to do so. Only someone like Bale who doesn't care about playing football, and Umtiti who is bad and done enough so that no team around wants him, could take that road...

  10. #12370
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    33,816
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah no strawman involved.

    FDJ is same as others if the claim is should reduce salary for 'love of the club'. Usual clueless nonsense from folk that embarrass themselves with arrogant/inane takes time and again.

    No one is saying the other players can be sold... that is you lack of reading comprehension and basic understanding of situation as is the same case every time you get schooled on these wee debates.

    Just birdy chirping up and reading situation wrong as has happened in every debate we have had.

    Latest one being Liverpools structure you arrogantly got so wrong as usual and 'Salah will be gone in 2023 as Liverpool are bestest run in whole wide world with a wage structure they wont break'

    This is latest one.

    Jesus wept imagine typing 'club got bankrupt'.

    Levels.

    You are type of numpty that claims players should show they 'love' club by taking less money and in next hand think club should send likes of Dembele to stand to 'teach the lad a lesson' for not signing contract club want him to when they want him to.

    Oh the arrogance how you claimed 'he will never play again'

    Sensational.

    Genuinely you have not one single idea what you are going on about and come across as a combination of arrogant and simple.
    Last edited by JamDav1982; 7th July 2022 at 01:51 PM.

  11. #12371
    Senior Member
    Birdy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    5,484
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JamDav1982 View Post
    Nah no strawman involved.

    FDJ is same as others if the claim is should reduce salary for 'love of the club'. Usual clueless nonsense from folk that embarrass themselves with arrogant/inane takes time and again.

    No one is saying the other players can be sold... that is you lack of reading comprehension and basic understanding of situation as is the same case every time you get schooled on these wee debates.

    Just birdy chirping up and reading situation wrong as has happened in every debate we have had.

    Latest one being Liverpools structure you arrogantly got so wrong as usual.

    This is latest one.

    Jesus wept imagine typing 'club got bankrupt'.

    Levels.

    You are type of numpty that claims players should show they 'love' club by taking less money and in next hand think club should send likes of Dembele to stand to 'teach the lad a lesson'.

    Genuinely you have not one single idea what you are going on about and come across as a combination of arrogant and simple.
    Hahaha
    typical Jammy evading all the points when he is cornered and can't reply...

    Tons of strawmans and logical fallacies btw, but your inflated ego doesn't allow you to see them

    BTW, what did I say wrong about Liverpool's structure?
    They have the most rigid wage structure in Europe. Did you first hear that from me? LOL
    Google it and you will find tons of articles talking about it

    Lastly, since you can't read clearly.
    I never said players should reduce because 'love of the club', but because of the new wage structure and bankrupt condition.
    the 'love of the club' is sth romero romano and canut attributed to Frenkie, and I made fun of that as it's clearly hypocritical and BS from Frenkie's part.
    But to understand that, you need first to be able to read, which you can't

    PS: Inane is your last name mate
    Last edited by Birdy; 7th July 2022 at 01:54 PM.

  12. #12372
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    33,816
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aye 'evading'.

    That is why get it right every time we debate on every subject. This is latest one.

    You arrogantly claimed Liverpool wouldnt break stcucture for Salah... I said they will wait and see.

    Jammie right as per usual and simple Birdy wrong again.

  13. #12373
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    33,816
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Birdy.. 'At this point the only act proving love for the club is drastic reduction of salary'.

    Few posts later Birdy 'You keep strawmaning pretending the reason players should reduce is the 'love of the club'

    Then thinks it is smart to burp out the words 'logical fallacies' when has no idea what it means.

    This is level of drivel and backed up by being wrong every time.

    From Dembele to Salah and now FDJ. Calls it wrong and has no idea about situation being discussed.

  14. #12374
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Posts
    4,618
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: England
    Liverpool's wage structure is still rigid. Not sure what's changed.

    How many years of consistent numbers did it take for Mo to get the contract? Other clubs would have rewarded him after 1 year of big performances.


    The financial outlay required to replace Salah will outweigh the amount needed to pay his wages over his new contract. High scoring, left footed right wingers are rare.

  15. #12375
    Senior Member
    Birdy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    5,484
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can't understand that Liverpool didn't exactly break their structure, because his contract is only for 3 years, and no other player will get close to half of that money.

    Another instance that you lack critical ability to get nuances, and are fast only in typing to claim Ws here and there, but not in thanking