21 - Frenkie de Jong

JamDav1982

But they approved it. You wont give someone 87m to slap around like its nothing without approving it.

They are not the ones making the decisions and they are not giving approval to transfers either.

It is not the same folk in charge that signed Maguire. From coach to footballing side of the board who the owners delegate to.

There has been no players that the Glazers have signed against wishes of those below them or rejected.

Believe it is if you like.

Last edited:

Rassvet

Unreal stuff. I wont call it career suicide, manu is a big club, but from what i saw their fan base and owners(i really dont know who is it) are total cunts

United are a massive club and their fanbase is top notch as well.

The problem with Frenkie going there from his pov is that I don't think they are going to get back to the top in the near future. It'd be one thing to join a big club like that in a rebuilding phase if there were good chances of competing for the PL and CL in the coming years but I think United might just go the Arsenal 2005-2015 route for the coming years where they make top 4 and have the occasional title challenge at best.

Even top 4 might get quite tough with the competition in PL over the next few years especially if Newcastle get serious.

Devils

This is so bizarre. Why are Manchester United negotiating without having personal terms agreed with FDJ?

Kul_z

United are a massive club and their fanbase is top notch as well.

The problem with Frenkie going there from his pov is that I don't think they are going to get back to the top in the near future. It'd be one thing to join a big club like that in a rebuilding phase if there were good chances of competing for the PL and CL in the coming years but I think United might just go the Arsenal 2005-2015 route for the coming years where they make top 4 and have the occasional title challenge at best.

Even top 4 might get quite tough with the competition in PL over the next few years especially if Newcastle get serious.

Not so sure about that, they used to be my favourite pl club with dwight york/andy cole attacking tandem, but when i met couple of manu fans they changed my mind instantly. In their defense, same goes for all the pl fan base, they are unbearable. Arsenal fans are least retarded from my experience.

Rest of the post stands, they are big club, their place is in top 4 easily. They managed with ole to be 2nd, with eth they should be in the title race, maybe not next season but top 4 should be achievable

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
They are not the ones making the decisions and they are not giving approval to transfers either.

It is not the same folk in charge that signed Maguire. From coach to footballing side of the board who the owners delegate to.

There has been no players that the Glazers have signed against wishes of those below them or rejected.

Believe it is if you like.

Yeah the Glazers are clueless about football. They know fuck all about the NFL too but managed to luck into hiring the right people who convinced Brady to come.

The only thing those inbreds can be blamed for us is failing to hire the proper people to put in charge.

Rassvet

Xavi himself said it well

‘Mata told me a story last year. He said that when Manchester United finished seventh [in 2013/2014], the fans applauded the team at the end of the season,’ Xavi told ESPN.

‘Seventh! If that happened to us in Barcelona, they’d want to kill us in our cars!

‘I’d always respected the English fans. It’s like a religion in England, where the fans follow the team to every away game. In England, they roar the team from the first minute.

‘The atmosphere is different, the mentality different to the Latin one. The English respect the footballer. In Spain, It’s not respected.’

gasgas

Xavi himself said it well

‘Mata told me a story last year. He said that when Manchester United finished seventh [in 2013/2014], the fans applauded the team at the end of the season,’ Xavi told ESPN.

‘Seventh! If that happened to us in Barcelona, they’d want to kill us in our cars!

‘I’d always respected the English fans. It’s like a religion in England, where the fans follow the team to every away game. In England, they roar the team from the first minute.

‘The atmosphere is different, the mentality different to the Latin one. The English respect the footballer. In Spain, It’s not respected.’

Objection

Hearsay

Birdy

Laporta is not saying the whole truth when he talks about a 'financial issue' with Frenkie.

The story has multiple aspects:

1) Financial: Frenkie will be getting 24m gross from next season due to ridiculous arrangement by Barto, and we are never gonna pay that.
In the new wage structure under Allemany the max a player can get is 10m net, which is 20m gross.
And from what they leak in the press, Lewa will come to get 8m net (16m gross) and be the best paid player of the squad.
Frenkie has to agree to get somewhere between 6-7m net (12-14m gross), a huge reduction

2) Sporting: Laporta is BSing when he says 'he will fight to keep Frenkie, one of the best players in his position'
The reason is that at Barca Frenkie will never be a pivot, nor can he play as single pivot.
The problem is that as an interior where he has been playing since day 1 at the club, he has proven inadequate to the task.

Xavi knows that, and despite the public backing of his player, he is craving others (Bernardo) that can be WC as interiors instead of just meh

3) Player Side:
It's clear that Frenkie wants to stay and not go to UTD despite Ten Haag.
What is not clear at all, is if he is willing to reduce his salary...
Romero says he is, Romano says he is not.
If he is not, he is surely gone and LAporta will always claim it as purely a financial issue (NOT the case!)
If he is, then there is a chance that he stays, but then the sporting problem will be perpetuated.
Will Xavi be more honest with him and tell him that he doesn't have a position in his system and therefore not a bright future here?

JamDav1982

Would bet the club dont even expect or want him to drop his salary and stay.

They know there is a lot of support for FDJ when the alternative is being left once again with Busquets at DM who gets exposed year after year. Also they are protecting themselves if leaves and does well.

Also I doubt very much that they can just sell FDJ and not pay him the salary he has given up in past two seasons that would be due in next four. Would be ridiculous if his team have left that open to happen.

Headlines in few days will be FDJ wanting his 'deferred' salary to sign for Man U and the money grabber headlines will grow to put pressure on him and carry on the narrative.

As for this idea it is about him being on more than 10m net.. that is not the trigger as is made out as Pique will be on that also for next couple seasons and they do nothing but praise him and agree to keep him around.

Last edited:

jamrock

It's never purely financial but the finances is the primary reason behind him staying or leaving, the on the field stuff just makes it easier because he has not stood out since being here, so the fan base won't be upset to see him leave, fans have shown they are pretty indifferent to him leaving, it's at most 50/50

It's probably 60/40 financial to sporting.

Let's put it this way if Pedri was on Frankie's wages they would truly do everything in their power to make him stay.

JamDav1982

The primary reason they want him to leave is Xavi not rating him highly enough to try to find a way for him to stay and basing midfield on likes of Busquets.

If it was a player wanted to stay and saw as vital to team the whole situation would be different even with the salary he is due to get.

Driven first by rating of player and finances then play the part on what best to do with him.

Last edited:

jamrock

Four coaches come & they have all preferred busquets at DM, much like 3/4 coaches cant be wrong about Puig the same logic applies to frankie at DM, if busquets was dutch he's probably be starting above him in that position their as well.

This false equivalency that xavi is choosing busquets over frankie at DM for anything but correct sporting reasons goes out the window when you realize every coach when give the chance between the two, makes the same choice.

He's making too much to be meh signing at best since he's been here, his performances does not justify his transfers fee & wages and that's the primary reason he's being sold.

Instead of people saying xavi, valverde, Keoman, setien, are all some kinda crazy to choose busquets over frankie at DM, how about they think & say why can't frankie dislog a old slow past it midfield from his starting position.

malvolio

Four coaches come & they have all preferred busquets at DM, much like 3/4 coaches cant be wrong about Puig the same logic applies to frankie at DM, if busquets was dutch he's probably be starting above him in that position their as well.

This false equivalency that xavi is choosing busquets over frankie at DM for anything but correct sporting reasons goes out the window when you realize every coach when give the chance between the two, makes the same choice.

He's making too much to be meh signing at best since he's been here, his performances does not justify his transfers fee & wages and that's the primary reason he's being sold.

Instead of people saying xavi, valverde, Keoman, setien, are all some kinda crazy to choose busquets over frankie at DM, how about they think & say why can't frankie dislog a old slow past it midfield from his starting position.

pretty much this. also, busquets is still starting over rodri at NT level.

FDJ should go and fulfill his potential(if he really is that good) in the EPL. he has a manager there who is willing to build the midfield around him and the style of play probably suits him better.

Home of Barca Fans