21 - Frenkie de Jong

feggydinho

Frenkie de Jong would earn ?25m net (?50m gross) next season if he stays at Barcelona. It was an agreement between Bartomeu and the player.

?
@LluisMascaro

Yeah if this true, I can definitely understand why they need to get rid of him.

He surely has to leave if this is true, 25m is a whole lot of money

malvolio

I think he has a deal similar to what Griezmann has/had. Probably the average is 20M but spread over 5 seasons, starting with 18 and finishing with 25, or something like that.

Didn't he also agree to some wage deferrals during the pandemic?

serghei

That's why I said we should trust Laporta. There are things that are not made public and only they know. You won't go around in press conferences disclosing each player's confidential contract.

Between his performances, the fee he can command, and now his apparent insane wage structure which just sets in now, it makes sense to seek an exit now for Frenkie.

Last edited:

malvolio

Are Man Utd down to paying 15-20M a season in salary? The salary feels surreal. At least Griezmann was an attacker and World Champion.

Porque

The Frenkie salary isn't so bad (relatively) if we weren't salary doped with Pique, Busquets and Alba.

But then again, that is also on Bartomeu.

serghei

The Frenkie salary isn't so bad (relatively) if we weren't salary doped with Pique, Busquets and Alba.

But then again, that is also on Bartomeu.

It's very bad. What was the salary of De Bruyne last year when he was best midfielder in the world?

serghei

At this rate, we're gonna have to sell another 5% TV rights for 25 years to pay up Bartomeu's hyper-inflated salaries that he handed to everyone.

All to get epicly trashed by Bayern with a hockey score. :facepalm:

mc_lovin

Usually I would call bullshit on 25m net/year, but heck, that definitely sounds like something Barto would do.

:facepalm: Would explain the lowish 65m offer.

Porque

It's very bad. What was the salary of De Bruyne last year when he was best midfielder in the world?

Well, that is true. What I am saying is that we could afford to keep a player in the better age bracket if we could lose the loaded veteran contracts.

In any case, I am for letting him go. Especially if that tweet is true. Getting what we paid in transfer fee back, while de-loading Griezmann, Messi, Suarez, de Jong, Dembele, Coutinho will help immensely. Then next year Busquets and the year after Pique.

Shame we couldn't manage all that without selling off TV rights and Barca Lives Matter.

And hopefully we don't undo it all by paying Lewandowski a huge wage and get stuck with a similar problem when he is 36/37.

serghei

Well, that is true. What I am saying is that we could afford to keep a player in the better age bracket if we could lose the loaded veteran contracts.

In any case, I am for letting him go. Especially if that tweet is true. Getting what we paid in transfer fee back, while de-loading Griezmann, Messi, Suarez, de Jong, Dembele, Coutinho will help immensely. Then next year Busquets and the year after Pique.

Shame we couldn't manage all that without selling off TV rights and Barca Lives Matter.

And hopefully we don't undo it all by paying Lewandowski a huge wage and get stuck with a similar problem when he is 36/37.

Sure, in that case, it would be manageable. Still stupendously overpaid, but when you add up the huge money we owe to bums like Pique and others... the club is in a big mess. Owing money everywhere.

Givenchy

Well if those wages are true, he'll be expecting that at his next club. Think we know now why no other clubs are interested. Barto masterclass once again.

Catta

I'm still thinking that the 25M are gross.

With Barto it is more likely that all the wages that were reported as gross are net. How else can you explain that after getting rid of Messi, Griezmann and Suarez, the club is still so much over the wage limit.

Home of Barca Fans