21 - Frenkie de Jong

Birdy

Still can't get over the fee, it's actually absurd. 65m is basically Torres money ffs. These cunts are fucking useless. Should be 75m base at the very least and 15m of add ons.

I reckon the middle ground will be found somewhere there: 73-5m base fee and 10-13m in achievable add-ons

If that's the final price it's fair IMO
Let's be honest:
We bought him for 86m when he was the hottest md prospect in Europe,
and during these 3 years he hasn't increased his price at all, more likely decreased it.
You can't demand 100m for him right now

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Certainly not the only thing we suck at, but selling-wise it has been an eternal theme.

I'd say our buying is even worse, not only in fee but wages and that has a direct impact on being able to sell players for better fees.

Most of These signings probably wouldnt be as bad if we had an actual functioning team with a proper coach...

Dembele 110+30m
Coutinho 135+25m
Girezman 120+15m
Torres 55+10m
Trincao 31+5m
Miralem Pjanic inflated swap for 60m
Dejong 86m
Neto 26m
Braithgoat 18m
Fernandes 7m (100% corruption involved)
Malcolm 41m

What's just as bad is puting 30 year old Players on 5+ year terms with insane wages... Its why we had to release players for. Nominal fees or why we csnt shift anyone.

I reckon the middle ground will be found somewhere there: 73-5m base fee and 10-13m in achievable add-ons

If that's the final price it's fair IMO
Let's be honest:
We bought him for 86m when he was the hottest md prospect in Europe,
and during these 3 years he hasn't increased his price at all, more likely decreased it.
You can't demand 100m for him right now

85m is the bare minimum and an ideal target is 90m imo. They need him desperately and we didn't even take advantage of that. They missed out on top 4 lost a bunch of players on a free and only basically have mcfred in midfield. After that horror season they would of paid 75m + add ons with ease if we held out.

Genuinely who they going to move Onto that won't cause massive backlash without having to spend as much if not more?

Last edited:

Porque

What's the source for the fee?

I'll remain calm for now, but given the way the Spotify numbers quickly dropped and the 200-300 price window for the TV rights turned to 210, I will consider a 40m sale a success.

Jakabor

I would sell him for 50M at this point. The again, I do not rate de Jong.

Just get the money, ship him out so we can focus on the incoming transfers.

Porque

Sky Sports News has been told the clubs have a "broad agreement" on the fee - believed to be €65m (?56m) plus performance-related add-ons

Meanwhile 2 years ago

Barcelona and Ajax have reached an agreement for the transfer of midfielder Frenkie de Jong, who will be joining the Catalan club from 1 July 2019. The cost of the transfer operation is 75 million euros, plus a further 11 million in variables.

---

Mightily impressed that we managed to devalue him.

MTL_Barca

Depends on the bonuses, if it's more or less guaranteed 15-20M on top it's somewhat alright i guess.

If it's just some Balon d'Or or CL win bullshit it's terrible and we got robbed big time.

Nazario1985

Anything under 75m fixed is a failure imo.

If there is only one club seriously interested in him, no way ManU is going that high !!

Then again just proves we pay our transfers waaay too much compared to the actual value of the players

Last edited:

Nazario1985

The only Advantage for us is ManU being desperate and worse negotiators than us, so with some effort we can go up to 70-75 + appearance bonuses

Home of Barca Fans