21 - Frenkie de Jong

Birdy

We're not going to get Bernardo Silva if he's sold.

Bookmark this now. Man City won't sell him for less than 100m and it would be more than we could stomach so we'll end up signing a low cost option instead.

Bernardo wanted out since long time.
He has a pact with Pep and his club that if Barca/RM pays the right price for him, he will be sold...

It will happen eventually.
City might try to price us out of this deal, but it will settle somewhere around 80m fixed plus bonuses by the end of the summer

Devils

Not sad top see him go.

Sad that we wont get anyone to replace his quality (which as been pretty average over the last 3 years).

The downhill spiral never ends!

Birdy

Based on the rumors, the plan would be to get Bernardo Silva as a replacement for De Jong in the interior position. Bernardo for De Jong would be a good swap. Although I'd prioritize Kounde and Raphinha.

But maybe we can get all of Kounde, Raphinha, and Berardo Silva, and that would basically improve all 3 compartments. Nobody knows exactly. Rumors are all over the place.

I'd say wait a bit. Laporta and Xavi are the most who benefit from an improved team. The pressure is on them to deliver. Especially if we have money to spend. You can't blame it on Bartomeu if you have 200m to invest and you fuck it up.

From everything reported, I see our 3 main targets for this summer in the following order of difficulty at the moment:

1) Kounde (easiest)
2) Bernardo (doable after Frenkie's exit)
3) Lewa (more difficult than what people think due to Bayern's antics)

feggydinho

We're not going to get Bernardo Silva if he's sold.

Bookmark this now. Man City won't sell him for less than 100m and it would be more than we could stomach so we'll end up signing a low cost option instead.

100m is definitely excessive. Best to move on

Kul_z

I'd approve his exit with 100m sale. Nothing less, but we would end up selling him for 70m, thats barca specialty

fergus90

I struggle to remember a more overhyped Barca player in recent times, at least amongst fan opinion on the internet anyway.

And that’s not say I don’t rate him or like him because I do. But he just isn’t at the level some believe him to be. He can be, but there’s too many inconsistent performances between them. Selling him for 70 million pound is good enough for what he actually provides.

jamrock

All this debate for a player that hadn't has 20 very good games combined across the 3 season he's been here.

Let him go, get this 25% sold, & with the combination of both, try to smartly rebuild the squad.

vuji_31

All this debate for a player that hadn't has 20 very good games combined across the 3 season he's been here.

Let him go, get this 25% sold, & with the combination of both, try to smartly rebuild the squad.

Agree.

People realy on his potential, but in 3 years he was not soo good.

With Gavi being starter with Pedri, pnly logic thing is to sell De Jong and get even better player B.Silva

xXKonan

We ain't getting B.Silva with the FDJ money.

It's going to be Gavi/Nico? and someone cheap like Soler that's going to replace FDJ, while most of the cash will go towards the likes of Lewa I bet.

Givenchy

Seems pretty much done. I'm amazed no CL clubs came in for him honestly.

Although underwhelming here especially for the fee and wages we paid him (another Barto masterpiece), he still has HUGE potential just entering his prime, he deserved more of a chance without that dinosaur Bumsquats. I wish Frenkie well he's always been a model professional, hopefully he can play in a position that actually suits him now.

We have a great opportunity now to get someone who actually fits, PLEASE don't fucking waste this money on Soler and Lewa.

Home of Barca Fans