21 - Frenkie de Jong

Raki13

The problem imo is the managers he's had here and the presence 8f that turd Busquets.
Get a competent manager and De Jong would make the midfield his.
He will shine at Utd under Ten Hag for sure. That fat prick Laporta hired Xavi based on knee jerk emotion.

Man Utd are in free fall just like Barca have been since Messi left , DeJong is exactly the type of hyped up player they shouldnt be signing , but probably will.

Laplacian

Man Utd are in free fall just like Barca have been since Messi left , DeJong is exactly the type of hyped up player they shouldnt be signing , but probably will.

Ball retention, press resistance and connecting defense to midfield is something their midfield sorely lacks. De Jong would definitely fix a good amount of issues there.

Whereas here, we want De Jong to be some sort of attacking midfielder when he isn't. Ten Hag understands that and will probably use him as he did in Ajax. I assume a defensive midfielder will also be bought alongside De Jong.

FC B

According to reports from Evening Standard (via stretty news): Xavi said: “For me he is very important, he [De Jong] has been a starter practically every game, except when he has been rotated due to tiredness, fatigue or competition. For me he is fundamental. But we all depend on the economic situation of the club.”

He's basically explaining why they want to sell him, stupid jerks.

Raketa10

According to reports from Evening Standard (via stretty news): Xavi said: ?For me he is very important, he [De Jong] has been a starter practically every game, except when he has been rotated due to tiredness, fatigue or competition. For me he is fundamental. But we all depend on the economic situation of the club.?

What a dumb statement! WTF Xavi? :facepalm:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
What's dumb about it?

No need to add the part about the economic situation.

Teams might squeeze us and press the price down if they know we're desperate to offload him before June 30th. Especially considering the club's "official" version is that they don't think he's lived up to expectations.

malvolio

No need to add the part about the economic situation.

Teams might squeeze us and press the price down if they know we're desperate to offload him before June 30th. Especially considering the club's "official" version is that they don't think he's lived up to expectations.

If some poor souls that post on a forum have figured that out I would imagine every big club in Europe knows it already.

JamDav1982

Xavis comments wont make a difference to how much clubs would pay for him.

It is just the usual deflection about FDJ leaving due to finances when in reality he doesnt fit what Xavi wants from a midfielder.

Just excuses from Xavi as to avoid criticism.

As usual.. in same week the club make out finances couldnt compete for Haaland, may have to lose FDJ while media link Barca to paying big on books for players in their 30s.

Home of Barca Fans