21 - Frenkie de Jong

Blinkfloyd

I think he will be great for with some tweaks. He is a classic CM. Not CDM.
We always play better with Pedri- Busquets - FDJ. Instead of Gavi replacing Frenkie.
Barca not winning games when Gavi starts is worrying stat for me.
If we shore up Busquets position where the DM covers for Pedri-FDJ instead of other way around. It will open up lots of interesting possibilities for us.

serghei

What way is being used as he should have? In a double-pivot in a 4-2-3-1? He definitely isn't a single pivot in a 4-3-3 that's for certain. To me, he looks fine as an interior but just needs more consistency.

He always seems to be the first midfielder hooked under Xavi though, perhaps he's not entirely convinced by him for whatever reason.

Yeah, I don't like his attacking instincts though. So... not really the best fit in any positions for us. People compare him with Rakitic, but Raki had a great sense of goal. Imo Frenkie is world class in the right setup. He'd do wonders at Liverpool for example in a fast-paced team.

JamDav1982

He needs to be box to box.

Absolutely no point playing him in a team where Xavi wants the CMs to be holding positions ahead of DM/Busi inbetween lines as he wants midfield to support the striker and from there it is about opening game up to get crosses in.

In last game he was shite but that system was horrendous. Xavi had Torres hugging LW touchline.. something he will never be. He had Alba playing more or less LB/DM as some kind of playmaker trying to break lines from deep and FDJ further up park trying to get closer to the forwards.

A set up that suits none of the three... Torres needs to be getting in box and narrower, Alba needs to be wide and FDJ needs to be the one in DM area to try and help Busi/Alba or forwards depending on situation at time.

Barca looked confused and unable to create chances until gave it up and put two wingers on and three forwards inside them and crossed the bejesus out the ball. It wasnt good enough and tactically other team had Barcas number.

Porque

FdJ to Carlos Soler is a certain downgrade, especially when Valencia are mooting a 40m fee for the energy panels.

40m could probably get you Chowmany or even Tielemans.

I only like the idea of cashing out on FdJ because there is a superstar forward on the agenda (Haaland). Not to split the cash on Soler and Lewa (who is great, but not for 40m and the wage demands nor contract length).

Zidane82

FdJ to Carlos Soler is a certain downgrade, especially when Valencia are mooting a 40m fee for the energy panels.

40m could probably get you Chowmany or even Tielemans.

I only like the idea of cashing out on FdJ because there is a superstar forward on the agenda (Haaland). Not to split the cash on Soler and Lewa (who is great, but not for 40m and the wage demands nor contract length).

Sounds like Haaland who would be a game changer for us is going to Man City

Givenchy

Doubt he leaves us for that mess (we are paying him huge wages also iirc) but if they offer 100mil I'd go for it personally, he hasn't lived up to the hype. as [MENTION=22241]Porque[/MENTION] said though, the money needs to be spent wisely and not on garbage/OAPs

Last edited:

Zidane82

Doubt he leaves us for that mess (we are paying him huge wages also iirc) but if they offer 100mil I'd go for it personally, he hasn't lived up to the hype. as [MENTION=22241]Porque[/MENTION] said though, the money needs to be spent wisely and not on garbage/OAPs

You regard ManCity as a mess ?

FinBarcelonafan

I laughed out loud:

Manchester United wants Frenkie de Jong!: Ten Hag, the new manager, requests his signing to be the leader of their new project. [sport]

Frenkie leader? Guy is the best in the world moving responsibility 😂

Porque

It's a lazy rumour. Putting two and two together.

Next you will read that Ten Hag is looking to save David Neres and Donny Osmond Beeks careers.

behindbrowneyes

He won't go there. United used to be and still is a big club, but has been a wannabe winner for almost a decade now. Not that Barca is in their best phase, but still in a better position than United. United has been a graveyard to careers of good players. Van De Beek to name an Ajax example, Sancho, Pogba.. none of these players got close to what people expected from them.

Also, Frenkie is already one of the few big earners at the club and it won't be so easy for United to send a tempting offer. I'd be more worried if they'd prepare a big offer for Pedri.

Home of Barca Fans