21 - Frenkie de Jong

BBZ8800

The reason is clear though... doesnt want to name any others and be wrong. Name the players there and still call them not good enough if fail.

I would say that I am a casual football fan lately.
I am reading this forum more due to a community, banter, trolling, pyschology and analyzing human/tribal behavior and to post against over the top ideas because I am often annoyed about (imo) unrealistic views of our fans which have nothing to do with a reality.
The last time when I was passionate about Barca in a CL was 2015'.
After that it was all: who cares? if we win = awesome. If we'll lose = I'll watch a movie instead.

After the Euros I watched only Barca's matches, 1 Dinamo Zagreb's match in Europa league and 30 minutes of one Seria A match (Milan due to Zlatan).
And I tune into EPL derbies with City, Liverpol, Man Utd here and there.

I have no clue about names like other guys here because I am not watching Tottenham, Everton, Sevilla, Atletico, Dortmund and similar.
And I am surely not watching Red Bull Salzburg.
And I doubt that I will watch those matches ever again. I just totally lost a spark for random football matches.
This is why I can't give you names except a few obvious choices (like Haaland).
And majority of players from big clubs are expensive and out of our reach.
And then, which names could I offer at all?

If you'll say: If you can't give names, then why are you shitting on everyone?
Well, the fact I can't give you names doesn't mean that the names which I know (our players) are good.
During the last 30 years, I have seen 100s of Puigs, Nicos and similar and based on that experience and patterns I am basing my judgement on our young players. Paired with the fact when fans go overboard in prasies every single time which for some reason always triggers me.

Last edited:

Rassvet

I would say that I am a casual football fan lately.
I am reading this forum more due to a community, banter, trolling, pyschology and analyzing human/tribal behavior and to post against over the top ideas because I am often annoyed about (imo) unrealistic views of our fans which have nothing to do with a reality.
The last time when I was passionate about Barca in a CL was 2015'.
After that it was all: who cares? if we win = awesome. If we'll lose = I'll watch a movie instead.

After the Euros I watched only Barca's matches, 1 Dinamo Zagreb's match in Europa league and 30 minutes of one Seria A match (Milan due to Zlatan).
And I tune into EPL derbies with City, Liverpol, Man Utd here and there.

I have no clue about names like other guys here because I am not watching Tottenham, Everton, Sevilla, Atletico, Dortmund and similar.
And I am surely not watching Red Bull Salzburg.
And I doubt that I will watch those matches ever again. I just totally lost a spark for random football matches.
This is why I can't give you names except a few obvious choices (like Haaland).
And majority of players from big clubs are expensive and out of our reach.
And then, which names could I offer at all?

If you'll say: If you can't give names, then why are you shitting on everyone?
Well, the fact I can't give you names doesn't mean that the names which I know (our players) are good.
During the last 30 years, I have seen 100s of Puigs, Nicos and similar and based on that experience and patterns I am basing my judgement on our young players. Paired with the fact when fans go overboard in prasies every single time which for some reason always triggers me.

Good post. Sad to see that you are losing some interest in the sport though. You remind of someone in r/theblacklist that was like an oracle about the show but quit watching this season while continuing to be active in the group and analyzing what everyone else is saying.

soul24rage

So far at Barca, I've seen 2 roles that DJ was able to contribute well for the team.

1. As a pivot where he can progress the ball from defense to midfield

2. The Fabregas role where he scores a tap in or a header.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Very good tonight. Would have liked more control from our midfield but it's questionable if we can pull it off with this personnel.

Andresito

Staff member
Good to see him take risks with the ball. Sprinted with the ball from midfield to attack and then played through balls, exactly what we want from him.

BerkeleyBernie

FDJ has already improved under Xavi (and I wasn't impressed at all before). Today was a mess but he played better than most. Hoping the team gels and settles down.

Home of Barca Fans