21 - Frenkie de Jong

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
In a squad full of absolute tossers half this forum twerks for I find it amusing how people are quick to shit on one of the few actually world class or close to world class players we have :lol:

messi2140

6racies Xavi
[MENTION=22060]fergus90[/MENTION] described him the best : A 6.5/10 performer most of the times , something which I fully agree with.

Not someone you can build a midfield around imo.

Devils

Nah, Frenkie is one of the best mids in the world stonewall. Better than the mediocre mids you have a tendency to cartwheel for

Yawn.

ngolo-kante-france-world-cup-trophy_xrm21u2muol18ej1a8m066sv.jpg

SEI_81024029.jpg

Call me when your Frenkie gets here.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
[MENTION=22060]fergus90[/MENTION] described him imo the best : A 6.5/10 performer most of the times , something which I fully agree with.

Don't agree. He's been a solid 8/10 performer (at least) this season starting from October/November or so. But yeah, he's been lacking in the bigger games for us.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Frenkie has 6-7 more years to catch up to Kante in that case. Your man was washing cars when he was at this stage of his career.

Devils

You are not very good at this "arguing" thing if you seriously think that bringing up Kante, who is much older and is also one of the best mids in the world, is somehow a good response.

Then you're not very good at this 'insulting' thing seeing as it's well documented on here that I carwheel for Kante a million miles ahead of any other midfielder.

Devils

[MENTION=16751]Devils[/MENTION] lads turned Barca from a decade of dominance into a decade of mediocrity

Levels.

You were advocating for Dembele's signing even more than me. Probably more than anyone else on this forum.

Easy to insult others in hindsight though.

i_bleed_blaugrana

He is world-class. Feel sorry for him that he has really only had one truly world class manager that can get the best out of him.

And yet and still, I just do not get the obsession with trying to compare him to B2B midfielders when he really is a DM. I do not expect him to play penetrating passes in the final third like prime Xavi or Ozil and the fact that he can deliver that at times adds to his quality, it is not a detriment.

I do think it is valid that his vision and precision with his through balls can improve however. That said and his goal threat (which is improving), there really is not anything else that is not exemplary in his play. His passing range is comparable to Busi when he was Frenkies age so based on that, I am not sure how much more you can want from the kid.

Massively unlucky he got boned with de Boer; I was hoping they would overachieving despite the man but I knew the Dutch were going to get exposed like this by a manager stuck in his ways, that does not react to how a game is going...

Sound familiar?

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Then you're not very good at this 'insulting' thing seeing as it's well documented on here that I carwheel for Kante a million miles ahead of any other midfielder.

Just as you used to cartwheel for Coutinho right? Point is your judgement is not very good (and that's okay, we regularly take Ls in our player estimations). Kante is one of the best, it's easy to praise him. I'm talking about relatively unknown French/black talents that you like to hype up. Frenkie is our only player bar Messi who walks into any team in the world.

Home of Barca Fans