Clement Lenglet (loaned to Aston Villa)

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
I feel that he has way less brainfarts than Umtiti does, the latter used to have about one in every game. Very reliable, this is what I like about him, and his technical ability may be inferior to that of Umtiti, but only a little. Still one of the best ball-playing CBs in the world, we enjoy unreal luxury in the CB department.

xXKonan

With the ball, if I have to say his best trait is definitely his long balls.

They give me some Mascherano vibes at times.

Overall he's beaten my expectations this season by a good mile. At Sevilla, he showed a lot of talent but also seemed a bit more rash at the time and often his positioning wasn't the greatest. But to be fair in his case that Sevilla was a tactical shit show under Montella before he was sacked and he was of course young as well.

It seemed like him and Simon Kjær were always forced to cover so much ground at the back because of how disorganized things were.

tacticvarium

I feel that he has way less brainfarts than Umtiti does, the latter used to have about one in every game. Very reliable, this is what I like about him, and his technical ability may be inferior to that of Umtiti, but only a little. Still one of the best ball-playing CBs in the world, we enjoy unreal luxury in the CB department.

I feel that Lenglet seems to be more mature and disciplined off the pitch as well. Umtiti has a similar character to Alves and I was always concerned about his influence in the locker room.

Havesaks

I really dont think his persona
Has a bad influence in The lockerroom or is worse or better than lenglets. He is a more wild guy, so what?

I consider both of them as equally professionel more or less.

Why do you think alves had a bad influence in The lockerroom? I think he brougt much needed color and wildness to the group. If we had a team like PSG i could understand you where him and neymars in leading group positions Can have a contra-productiv effwct. In barca he was fine.

Havesaks

Btw its easy to forget how good Umtiti was the first 1,5 years. He was as good as pique has been since september. Injuries ruined it for him efterwards. I do agree that he is more prone to make errors, but if he can put the injuries behind him and regain his former self, than he is The better player. Iloved his offensive out-put with raids up the field and crazy passing through Thelines opening The game for us. Also his interceptions werw great as well.

But yes with both of them we Are truly blessed. I hope we Can keep both of them. But umtiti is the kind of player who wont accept being second choice, so hopefully rptations and a 3-4-3 line jo at times Can keep Them both happy.

Tekkers

I feel that Lenglet seems to be more mature and disciplined off the pitch as well. Umtiti has a similar character to Alves and I was always concerned about his influence in the locker room.

no he does not. you just made this up. the players had no issue with his attitude during his first year, in fact the team boasted about how dedicated he was to football and how well mannered he was

Havesaks

Well Umtiti has on the pitch some similarities with Alves, his wildness and a bit hot-headed at times.

But thats about it. And maybe his contract extension drama which was handled poorly by Jim and his agent and brought back memories of alves

Home of Barca Fans