Clement Lenglet (loaned to Aston Villa)

Raketa10

Lol. Umtiti had had games too. Lenglet has been solid so far. This is one of those rare games where the whole team is not doing well.

In every aspect of the game Umtiti is 5x better player than Lenget. Yes he had bad games but Umtiti and Lenglet are incomparable. When fit and ready Umtiti is a world class defender while Lenget is a squad player at best. He was bought to be a backup and he shouldn't be a starter for Barca in the long run. Mark my words if Umtiti doesn't come back this season and ends up in surgery this defense will get slaughtered in CL.

Last edited:

serghei

In every aspect of the game Umtiti is 5x better player than Lenget. Yes he had bad games but Umtiti and Lenglet are incomparable. When fit and ready Umtiti is a world class defender while Lenget is a squad player at best.

That's not true. That's a clear exaggeration. Umtiti is a better defender, but not by that much. Umtiti was a fecking horror show vs Roma. Dzeko had him for lunch aftear being done with Pique at breakfast.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Lenglet is a good 3rd CB and good enough to start vs decent teams. I've noticed he tend to sleep on crosses a lot though.

Pique being crap and Roberto and Semedo being bang average doesn't help him. There is no leader in defence right now, which is precisely why I've been so high on de Ligt. There might be comparable talents, but I think his leadership and composure really sets him apart from Upamecano and other prospects. I wouldn't pay 90m or more than what we paid for de Jong though.

tacticvarium

Still our best CB option.
It's really difficult to perform well if all the other 3 defenders in the back four are having horrible day.

Raketa10

That's not true. That's a clear exaggeration. Umtiti is a better defender, but not by that much. Umtiti was a fecking horror show vs Roma. Dzeko had him for lunch aftear being done with Pique at breakfast.

That's your opinion. IMHO Umtiti is a better player by a HUGE margin. Lenglet should be our 3rd option and nothing more. Oh and yes, pick ONE player who was good in that Roma game?!

Why did he stop running as the ball was being crossed? He could have prevented the 2nd goal with a sliding clearance

I think it was a lefty shot rather than a cross from Banega that deflected off the heel of Roberto. Lenglet probably could not react in time to the deflection that turned out to be a perfect "cross".

Barcilliant

He's not the real problem of our defense. Good player.

The real problem is having three slow ass players when Lenglet, Pique and Roberto are playing.

I'd prefer a back line of Alba Murillo Pique and Semedo at the moment. A fit Umtiti would obviously be great but our defense is porous as hell.

Home of Barca Fans