Clement Lenglet (loaned to Aston Villa)

JerseyAddict

Lenglet signed as 3rd CB in Sevilla and then was one of the first players to take a pay cut to help the club.
A coach favourite too, in NT and Sevilla before Barca.
Doubt it is about the money, while I think we need upgrade he is simply a genuinely good lad and our only healthy CB.

He needs to be 3rd option CB

Tbf he is overpaid as much as he is paid.
He costed the team a mountain of points with his follishnes and recklessnes and he just ain't good enough.

He needs to be 3rd choice if he charges a 1m max.
Defenders like him are in halfdecent EL clubs.

I sound harsh, but facts are facts. One or two accidents/pens/shit are ok, but it was allways him.

Tbf same goes to Pique and Umtiti.

All of them are wage-bill-eaters and ahould go or play for a 1m. If they don't like it... Sorry boys.

I know they have signed contracts, but if there is no money, there is no money.

khaled_a_d

Tbf he is overpaid as much as he is paid.
He costed the team a mountain of points with his follishnes and recklessnes and he just ain't good enough.

He needs to be 3rd choice if he charges a 1m max.
Defenders like him are in halfdecent EL clubs.

I sound harsh, but facts are facts. One or two accidents/pens/shit are ok, but it was allways him.

Tbf same goes to Pique and Umtiti.

All of them are wage-bill-eaters and ahould go or play for a 1m. If they don't like it... Sorry boys.

I know they have signed contracts, but if there is no money, there is no money.

This was the only season that Lenglet looked like shit tbf, before that season he was very solid Liga CB for 3 consecutive seasons.

But back to the main point, his salary isn't something that will makes him stay as he would easily get something close to it if he leaves. This is regardless of how we think he should be paid.

JerseyAddict

This was the only season that Lenglet looked like shit tbf, before that season he was very solid Liga CB for 3 consecutive seasons.

But back to the main point, his salary isn't something that will makes him stay as he would easily get something close to it if he leaves. This is regardless of how we think he should be paid.

Then why he insist's on staying?
He loves the clubs crest?
He loves the life in Barcelona.
He loves the luxury of Barcas camp and what he gets.

As they all do.
If the club says he can leave he should go.
Preferably to PsG for say 30m. I hear Paris lights are a staggering sight.

Joan

Why would he leave, because the fans don't like him? The club isn't even pushing him out like some others and I haven't heard of other clubs' efforts to sign him.

jamrock

He has been a liability ever since he was signed, the only season he looked good was when pique & umtiti was fit and he was the 3rd choice CB which is what he should always be, he has no business starting for a big club.

Messi983

Lenglet signed as 3rd CB in Sevilla and then was one of the first players to take a pay cut to help the club.
A coach favourite too, in NT and Sevilla before Barca.
Doubt it is about the money, while I think we need upgrade he is simply a genuinely good lad and our only healthy CB.

He needs to be 3rd option CB

This.

Would be interesting to see his contract details though. I think after his renewal he's on relatively low wages until 2023. Give him next season to see if he'll improve then sell him if he won't and we'll find a better alternative.

But offloading Pique and Umtiti would be a priority for me.

iniestaGOAT

Clement Lenglet after a shambolic start to the season koeman somewhat turned him into a beast.

NExt season he needs to become on the best or get the boot. Would keep him as 3rd CB

FinBarcelonafan

Why we keep mediocre players? Just sell. He doesn't have eniugh quality.

Should be backup MAX but he will be starter again next season. As long as we have mediocre defenseman like him starting, we will win nothing.

Porque

He's the perfect big club backup and a good entrance when using a back 3.

But if we could make money to invest in a starter then we should do it.

Is Denayer first 11 quality in a back 2? He seems either average or world class Everytime I seen him. Never an in between.

Contract up next summer, might be a strategic option.

Home of Barca Fans