Dayot Upamecano

ebc_99

It's not comfortable to play for Bayern, he will have to perform every week and they are expected to win big titles every year. Munich is a beautiful City, it would be a wonderful place to live especially with the German Alps on your doorstep, one of Europe's best stadiums, Historic club that is well run with a great group of players and he will be well paid and has friends from France already in the team. It sounds like a dream move for him. Why would you want to go to Chelsea or Liverpool when you can have all of that.

Yannik

How on earth does the 2nd place team in Bundesliga just sell their best player to Bayern? smhhh.

Jokes on top of jokes.

This is like Bruno Fernandes or Salah being sold to City.

Release clause

I'm saying this time and time again. Bayern operates smarter almost any top club out there.

They know the market and they rarely ever enter negotiations unless they hold all the cards i.e. taking advantage of release clauses, or waiting until a players contract enter his last year. That's how they also get BuLi teams to sell to them, because this is often the last chance they could make any money from it. And this is also why their transfers are so cheap. Look at United or Barca trying to get players with around 3-4 years left on the contract, of course the selling club will milk them dry at that point since they face no pressure.

Another factor is also how Bayern sets out long term transfer strategies. They will already have contacted players or agents sometimes for more than a year before they even sign them. This suggests to the player that Bayern must really, really want them and know what they are doing. They will more likely want to join a club that they feel valued at, than a club that just came out of nowhere and is also negotiating with 5 other players on that position. It just screams panic buying with no real plan and no1 security that the player would be be the right fit. And because some players end up so deadset on joining Bayern, they greatly avoid bidding wars both with the club, and the player contract.

Not to mention it's like what, February? Bayern quite often have a 50% of their transfer targets done, before the actual transfer window even starts. I don't understand why so many top clubs decide to make their biggest purchases in fucking late September. Like no shit is it gonna be even more expensive, now that you practically leave the selling club with no time to find an ideal replacement. Not to mention most players will already be off the market.

Also in general they just have more pull than all PL clubs bar maybe City. People greatly overestimate how much players actually want to join an English club. PL is nice, far more prestigious than the Bundesliga, but it's the CL that holds the greatest prestige. No domestic competition competes with that. Winning that and being the star of the team that does so offers you a favourite spot in Ballon D'Or discussions. CL and Ballon D'Or is just a bigger deal to 99% of people. England just does not have a team consistently challenging right now.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I'm saying this time and time again. Bayern operates smarter almost anyone out there.

They know the market and they rarely ever enter negotiations unless they hold all the cards i.e. taking advantage of release clauses, or waiting until a players contract enter his last year. That's how they also get BuLi teams to sell to them, because this is often the last chance they could make any money from it. And this is also why their transfers are so cheap. Look at United or Barca trying to get players with around 3-4 years left on the contract, of course the selling club will milk them dry at that point since they face no pressure.

Another factor is also how Bayern sets out long term transfer strategies. They will already have contacted players or agents sometimes for more than a year before they even sign them. This suggests to the player that Bayern must really, really want them and know what they are doing. They will more likely want to join a club that they feel valued at, than a club that just came out of nowhere and is also negotiating with 5 other players on that position. And because some players end up so deadset on joining Bayern, they greatly avoid bidding wars both with the club, and the player contract.

Also in general they just have more pull than all PL clubs bar maybe City. People greatly overestimate how much players actually want to join an English club. PL is nice, far more prestigious than the Bundesliga, but it's the CL that holds the greatest prestige. No domestic competition competes with that. Winning that and being the star of the team that does so offers you a favourite spot in Ballon D'Or discussions. CL and Ballon D'Or is just a bigger deal to 99% of people. England just does not have a team consistently challenging right now.

I agree with most of what you said, but the EPL still has a great pull, I’d argue more than Bayern when it comes to non-German and non-Bundesliga players, despite the latter’s CL record etc. Most of Bayern’s signings were done when Bayern was the only suitor, which showcases Bayern’s foresight and planning as you mentioned and its scouting strength (of course Bayern have their fair shares of flops and failed transfers just like everyone else, contrary to what many on this forum believe). I think when Bayern are in direct competition with other elite clubs from England and Spain etc. for players outside Germany and Bundesliga, they don’t have an advantage. Partially it is probably due to Bayern’s relatively lower wages offered, partly it is due to the lack of appeal of Bundesliga I think.

Yannik

I agree with most of what you said, but the EPL still has a great pull, I’d argue more than Bayern when it comes to non-German and non-Bundesliga players, despite the latter’s CL record etc. Most of Bayern’s signings were done when Bayern was the only suitor, which showcases Bayern’s foresight and planning as you mentioned and its scouting strength (of course Bayern have their fair shares of flops and failed transfers just like everyone else, contrary to what many on this forum believe). I think when Bayern are in direct competition with other elite clubs from England and Spain etc. for players outside Germany and Bundesliga, they don’t have an advantage. Partially it is probably due to Bayern’s relatively lower wages offered, partly it is due to the lack of appeal of Bundesliga I think.

We might have a chance to find out.. Camavinga is in his last year of contract, and Bayern is interested. Most certainly a whole lot of clubs will be in for him, also from the PL.
I can see Real Madrid getting him though, they stilll eclipse Bayerns pull power.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
We might have a chance to find out.. Camavinga is in his last year of contract, and Bayern is interested. Most certainly a whole lot of clubs will be in for him, also from the PL.
I can see Real Madrid getting him though, they stilll eclipse Bayerns pull power.

Let’s hope he chooses the EPL and none of those two. ;)

Birdy

Depends also which top clubs: a) have a need in the position, b) have the money to buy him.
I think if you exclude top clubs that don't meet a) and b), then there are not many tops left. RM cannot do b) atm

Home of Barca Fans