Malcom

Laplacian

Eh, I don't think the Zenit tenure should be taken too heart. Dude went from living in France and Spain to Russia; probably a massive culture shock, especially after his tenure at Barcelona. Don't think his Zenit tint is his "true quality", he showed a lot more in Bordeaux and Barcelona. Dude is probably in a bad place mentally speaking.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Eh, I don't think the Zenit tenure should be taken too heart. Dude went from living in France and Spain to Russia; probably a massive culture shock, especially after his tenure at Barcelona. Don't think his Zenit tint is his "true quality", he showed a lot more in Bordeaux and Barcelona. Dude is probably in a bad place mentally speaking.

Oh, poor him.

Many Brazilians went to play in former Eastern block and did great.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent

He is earning much more there. Hulk bossed the RPL. Malcom had very shit luck with injuries but didn't show anything when fit either.

Bulgroz

As Laplacian said, his real level is not "worst player in Zenit". He was bossing Ligue 1 in a utter trash Bordeaux side. He might not have been good enough for Barca, but he's way better than what he's showing in Russia. His injuries didn't help, neither did the racist incident i' his first weeks there. Hope he manages to fi'd his way back to football one way or another.

Laplacian

Yeah, half the forum including me are picking up L's for his stint in Russia. Thanks Malcom. THanks.

He'll have a resurgence in his career down the road, his quality in France was too good. He was barely given a chance here and was thrown out the door as soon as possible, not a lot of players can handle that. Let's hope he has the mental strength to come back to his best.

BBZ8800

He is not that bad.
But he is not good either.

His level is something like:
7th placed French club
10th-15th placed La liga team
Or Championship level in England

The problem is that all of these players are good in general, but there are lots of levels of being good or world class.

The problem is that all of similar players will have a good game here and there (like Malcom's famous CDR match vs Real) and then people stick to it is a proof of his quality or as his standard.

For example, the same is with Roberto.
Is he that guy who scored a winner for 6:1 against Psg and a guy who dribbled past 5 Real's players at Bernabeu in the 93rd minute before Messi's winning goal or is his standard level way below that?

Or Riki vs Atletico Madrid in an offseason game.

Even guys like Halilovic, Deulo, Denis, Gomes, Munir will have awesome matches here and there.
But their true level (or more precisely: somewhere in between bad and good performances) are all of those OTHER matches when they play bad, yet where people are blaming coaches, media, teammates, tactics, racism, injuries and similar.

It can't work that way:
1) when a player plays well = that is his true level
2) when he plays bad = everything else is guilty

We have seen the same logic (to a lesser extent) with majority of young players or forum's favorites:
Dembele = media hates him, EV, slow teammates, injuries
Arthur = EV, Rakitic & Busquets, attackers who aren't running behind defenders, injuries, media hates him
Semedo = confidence, EV, too fast for his teammates
Frenkie = coaches, bad system, wrong position, bad teammates

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans