Lliga | Round 4: Getafe CF - FC Barcelona 1-2

mdenci

It's not resting Semedo, it's keeping Slowberto happy.
Semedo played less minutes so far this season than most players who started today.

I really don't understand why do you keep calling Roberto "Slowberto", the guy is much faster than Rakitić, Busquets and Iniesta.

Plus, you keep dissing Valverde's choice of RB in this match, but try to think like this: YOU DON'T ACTUALLY KNOW THE CONDITION SEMEDO IS IN!!! What if he told Valverde that he feels his harmstring is tightening or something like that? Would you risk him getting injured just like Dembele this match? Well, I wouldn't...

And hats off to Valverde, he pulled the right moves in the right time, considering that both goals were scored by substitutes. Plus, one was assisted by your "Slowberto" (I'm not saying he's good, I would have liked if Semedo played just like you, but if Valverde thinks that Roberto is the better choice for this game, who am I to say otherwise).

Btw, I really liked Vidal last season until his injury, but this season he has been terrible in the defensive department that even Roberto is better than him.

Last edited:

Neeraj

It's true - we would have dropped points last season; Paulinho basically outmuscled the guy and struck a well placed shot. The only person I can think of who could have scored something like that is Suarez, but he has become the white elephant in the room now. Plays like a 10 year old game after game after game, but will start and finish every game no questions asked.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Valverde:

"It was a tough game and it cost us a lot, against a rival that pressed high against us. The pitch didn’t help, because it was dry and the ball didn’t go too far, but we came back and this proves our power of reaction in a difficult game."

"Getafe were pushing and constantly threatening us. They closed down well and put us under a lot of pressure”.

"The squad is big, the League has just started, all players deserve to play." On Dembélé, who had to leave the pitch in the 28th minute, he noted; "It's too early to make an injury assessment, but it's a pity, because he was playing well. Hopefully it's nothing. "

aaron101

Suarez has fallen so low. Not just this match, he has been in poor form since the second part of the last season. I don't know what happened to him. It really baffles me. How come a top class striker can suddenly turn into a mediocre like this.

Anyway, we need to find a replacement for him immediately in the winter transfer.

I can only think of one thing, and that is complacency. He knows he'll always start every game and no one's a threat to his guaranteed position. Messi should really kick his ass and give him a lesson on how to be consisten

Ritchie

I hate Getafe away. Always a shit game for us, wish they stayed in Segunda. Doesn't help when Segunda Suarez plays either. If he had any pride he'd donate his wages to charity. A total disgrace.

eaman

I wasn't kidding few months ago when I stated that Paulinho will be a starter in our mid.

Ok relax. The guy scored an important goal. Doesn't mean he's a great midfielder. He's known for goalscoring more than controlling the midfield. If anything he's a suarez replacement when suarez is not fit like today

cro-man

Wow what a shit performance. I know some off games can be tricky and you cant win every match but to play like this:lol: We still miss some quality players if you ask me and suarez bad performances dont help either. This will be some huge work for valerde if suarez doesnt take form. On the bench there arent any good options not for our wingers and not for our striker.

eaman

Wow what a shit performance. I know some off games can be tricky and you cant win every match but to play like this:lol: We still miss some quality players if you ask me and suarez bad performances dont help either. This will be some huge work for valerde if suarez doesnt take form. On the bench there arent any good options not for our wingers and not for our striker.

Even when we were at our best under Guardiola games after champions league matches were nearly always tough. I remember us struggling at home in some of those games. It happens most teams in most leagues. I don't think suarez is fully fit. Needs to be rested

Home of Barca Fans