Eden Hazard

El Gato

Villarato!
This dude is finished as a winger. Now that his coach ain't here no more Ancelotti doesn't even shy away from saying he preferred Rodrygo to attack the right flank over him

Has to move to middle and make use of his touch

cracken

This dude is finished as a winger. Now that his coach ain't here no more Ancelotti doesn't even shy away from saying he preferred Rodrygo to attack the right flank over him

That's what Figo did in the later stages of his career. Poor Hazard has to do it at 30.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent

He's not a very good playmaker to be very effective in the middle though. Hazard has always relied on dribbling past 2-4 players at once to create space and pick a pass from the ensuing chaos on the pitch. He is still good with his 1-touch-passing though, so more movement around him and give-and-go would somewhat mask his current weaknesses.

It is incredible how he lost a yard of pace the moment he transferred to Madrid though.

El Gato

Villarato!
Don't know what else there is for him to do. He's too slow and predictable outwide vs literally ANY athletic WB and would struggle vs Vazquez or Roberto. He's close to Isco levels of pace. In middle at least he can do an occasional flick and flamboyant play. If he's the guy you get the ball to in the center he can still get away and create a counter for faster mates. Can still do his thing of using balance to escape tackles. At this point I don't see any other role for him. He definitely can't play from a static ball and take on a guy bigger/faster than he is anymore.

But maybe I'm overdramatic. Just kinda telling that even Ancelotti seems to flat out say "yes, Vini is undisputed LW" and then goes on and implies "hm I thought of using him but the 20 year old seems a better choice" at RW vs toughest group opponent away

Last edited:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Damn I'm actually even kinda starting to feel bad for him. It's one thing to be playing badly, but another to keep getting injured on top of that. Not even funny anymore

Mateka

He signed for RM on 1 July 2019. Since then he has been injured for 405 days. Transfermarkt.
Previously he had been injured for 199 days going back to May 2013. Including 80 days for ankle surgery.
RM need to change their physios.

Last edited:

iniestaGOAT

Damn I'm actually even kinda starting to feel bad for him. It's one thing to be playing badly, but another to keep getting injured on top of that. Not even funny anymore

There is nothing to feel bad about when the effort from the player is clearly not there. This is the same guy likes showing up over weight and eating hamburgers, even Hollywood celebrities have more work ethic

Home of Barca Fans