Eden Hazard

slicknick

The expectations have really fallen for him. He still was just a shadow of his former self.

Exactly...It's almost as though he gets praised for a handful of nice passes which weren't terribly tricky either. He still seems to be playing at the 10% level of what he used to be

Gnidrologist

He seems one of those types that got uninterested in good work ethics, when he got so rich that it didn't matter anymore. Ronaldinho and a number of players in recent decade seemed to go the same development way. I'd argue Neymar is the same case. His career on world class level is obviously over even, if can still give few sparks of brilliance here and there.

FinBarcelonafan

He seems one of those types that got uninterested in good work ethics, when he got so rich that it didn't matter anymore. Ronaldinho and a number of players in recent decade seemed to go the same development way. I'd argue Neymar is the same case. His career on world class level is obviously over even, if can still give few sparks of brilliance here and there.

All what I have read about him says he was always lazy guy in practice. It catches you later in your career, when your body isn't as good anymore, if you are not taking care of it better.

His decline is most likely because his lack of practising, taking care of his body(stretching, nutrition etc.) And injuries from that and game situations.

And probably some natural declining from all the kicks he took.

Home of Barca Fans