Sadio Mane

Temptation

EPL is a non-story in Germany, noone cares about their 'threat'. But Real/Barca, oh boy, there's some deep rooted hate. And their board has obviously shown that (Rummenigge, Uli and co.).

Back on topic: Bayern know that most of Lewandowskis value lies in his next year, which is why they are hesitant about ~40m... I mean we are willing to commit a shit ton of money for that one year (wages for a couple of years+fee).

Because PL is way too far ahead.

Even Peak La Liga with Messi Ronaldo couldn't generate PL level revenue or compete with it.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
A lot of this rivalry/hate whatever between clubs is just fan fiction stuff imo. Bayern bosses talk shit about Spanish debt clubs for as long is i can remember, but they also always say they have a good relationship and did plenty of deals in the past without much trouble.

IMO this is more about the player, like when Real wanted to snatch Ribery. Lewandowski isn't just very important for the team, it would also be a bad look to lose Lewandowski easily. New boss in Kahn, Salihamidzic always vulnerable to criticism, they had to let Alaba go and sell Thiago, now Sule as well, last season wasn't all that great especially towards to the end.

Many reasons there to play hardball, doesn't need any hate or agenda against Barca.

I don't think Bayern hates us particularly either, it is just Bayern being Bayern, always spewing that holier than thou scheisse and that's exactly why I despise that pathetic club.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Initially I thought you were a Bayern fan.

But boy, do you hate them! :lol:

Well, to the point that I got perma-banned by BayernZone not for what I have said there on that forum (keeping a low profile, never trashed talked them, only defended Barca a few times), probably because their admin or some members lurked on this forum and saw what I said about them. :p

Yannik

Thats back scratching. Everyone gets what they want.

Big EPL clubs dont want to develop. German clubs get nice fees?solutions

Yeah but having the player is superior than receiving his worth as a payment. After all we are speaking about football clubs, not about corporations.
We get shopped for our key players, then we have to buy worse players to replace them in hopes they might became jsut as good, for inflated fees also cause everyone knows we just got PL money. And if the replacement is indeed just as good as the previous player we sold, then he is gone aswell in 1-2 years and the cycle repeats. And if he is eventually not, then we lost all that money on a flop and it was all for nothing.

We don't really get richer of this, we just liquify assets. It's like you having a house worth 300k and then u sell it for 300k. You're not wealthier now, you're just homeless but with 300k on the bank. Which you also pay tax on, unless you buy a new house from that 300k. Problem is though that you woke up this morning and suddenly all houses became 20% more expensive.

We scratch their back, then we proceed to fuck ourselves in the knee.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Comments from Hoeness in recent days will tell you German football doesnt have some mutual understanding with the EPL on signing their players as good for all.

If the Bundesliga ? this does not apply to Bayern Munich ? does not think about abolishing the 50+1 rule, we will have big problems in being able to compete internationally in the long term.?

You better believe that is linked primarily to the EPL and the investment/money in that league.

This idea that EPL 'dont want to develop' is utter garbage. There has been a lot of money saved and good players developed in England.. likes of Chelsea probably have best youth set up in the world. When consider players promoted and how much money they are making through it in recent years.

While in reality it is probably German football that is going out and seeking young players from English sides more than other way round.

Andresito

Staff member
Official announcement later today.

FVxjBt6XEAE52yx

Andresito

Staff member
32+9m. (6m based on appearances, 3m on individual and team achievements)

Now give us Lewandowski for the same amount.

FV2lYAnXEAEDrIy

Last edited:

Laplacian

From the city of Liverpool in Northern England to the city of Munich near the Bavarian alps. What an upgrade; especially from someone born and raised in Banbali, Senegal. His views on women are a bit nasty but still I salute journey, wouldn't want to retire in Liverpool either.

Kul_z

When you think you could get mane for less then 40m and you buy a fucking ferran torres for 65. God damn

Home of Barca Fans