Sadio Mane

MTL_Barca

When you think you could get mane for less then 40m and you buy a fucking ferran torres for 65. God damn

Well, young attacker with long running contract in winter. Our fault for going for the most expensive option.

Don't even think Mane is crazy cheap considering he's 30 and one one year contract, it's just Ferran being pricey.

Blackened

A great player, but Bayern are still shaky at the back and desperately need someone to replace Lewy. I know this will get laughed at, but I still think that Marko Arnautovic would be a good short-term fix. For one season as the main striker and the next season Bayern would have acquired someone for the long term.

Porque

The Haller fee Dortmund paid is very respectable in the current market (35m).

I'm surprised Bayern didn't go for him.

Andresito

Staff member
The Haller fee Dortmund paid is very respectable in the current market (35m).

I'm surprised Bayern didn't go for him.

Some warning signs with him though. West Ham paid 50m for him in 2019 but he failed there.

So the question is, has he improved since then (when he was 25) or has he benefitted from playing in a worse league in Eredivisie?
His CL record this last season was impressive ngl.

Porque

Some warning signs with him though. West Ham paid 50m for him in 2019 but he failed there.

So the question is, has he improved since then (when he was 25) or has he benefitted from playing in a worse league in Eredivisie?
His CL record this last season was impressive ngl.

True. And even performing in Dortmund won't tell us much more since they set up to make the attackers flourish to be re-sold. Even Alcacer hit it there.

Messi983

I'm a bit surprised Dortmund didn't go for someone younger than Haller but it probably just shows a market for quality strikers is pretty dire. Or that they are expensive as hell.

But then again I guess even if he has two good seasons they can still sell him to EPL for around what they'll pay for him now even if he'll be at the start of his thirties. Or maybe we'll take him when he'll be old enough for us. :lol:

Porque

Not good enough. He will not get enough playing time with Lewandowski next season.

you-got-a-gift-you.gif

Devils

So Bayern pay 32m + bonuses for Sadio Mane in his prime and we are gonna probably pay Bayern more for a 33 (will be 34 when he plays for Barca) Lewandowski.

It's so peak that this club will spend ~100m on Lewandowski + Ferran Torres when we could have signed Sadio Mane for 32m and probably been better off.

Home of Barca Fans