Carlos Soler

Messigician

A trick straight from Bartomeu's books.

Leaked audio from Anil Murthy (Valencia president): "Carlos Soler told me he wanted to leave since the start of the season. I told him that he would have to leave money at the club. If he left for free, I told him I would pay 100,000 euros for the press to attack him."

Acting as if Laporta and everyone else doesn't do the same

Barcilliant

Imo decent to good b2b player. Nothing special for sure. Valencia is his level but 8f he went to Liverpool I reckon he would look good under Klopp.

Porque

About same level as Fabien Ruiz, but better presence in the final third and less effective at build up play. Remember that he is the key player of the Valencia team and the midfield is setup around him which wouldn't happen at PSG.

Both are 1/2 to 1 tier below Gavi and 1 to 2 tiers below Pedri , Thiago if you were to compare Spanish mids.

For PSG Fabien Ruiz is probably a better fit.

Jair Ventura

Imo decent to good b2b player. Nothing special for sure. Valencia is his level but 8f he went to Liverpool I reckon he would look good under Klopp.

Reported earlier that PSG is looking to close a deal for ?15-17m. Surprising after Fabian, but I?ll take him at that price if he?s solid.

https://twitter.com/partidazocope/status/1564385145414721537?s=21&t=K_aT8BvJXAh7ptY3C1zBYQ

Jair Ventura

About same level as Fabien Ruiz, but better presence in the final third and less effective at build up play. Remember that he is the key player of the Valencia team and the midfield is setup around him which wouldn't happen at PSG.

Both are 1/2 to 1 tier below Gavi and 1 to 2 tiers below Pedri , Thiago if you were to compare Spanish mids.

For PSG Fabien Ruiz is probably a better fit.

Apparently they want both. Will Fabian or Soler be called up for the WC?

Porque

Apparently they want both. Will Fabian or Soler be called up for the WC?

Soler has been present in the squad since the Euro's. LE will probably go with whoever is in better form as the 6th choice mid, but Soler has been better for Spain under him and I think LE prefers him.

I'm reading Soler is the plan B to Ruiz for you, but with expiring contracts both are opportunities in the market. You don't really need both though, but if you got the budget then why not I guess.

Don't get me wrong though, he is a good player who might turn great with better players around him as he shines more for Spain. But for a PSG team with Verratti as the key mid, and setup to protect and provide to the three attacking cracks then a Fabien Ruiz on form is more suitable.

Last edited:

Jair Ventura

Soler has been present in the squad since the Euro's. LE will probably go with whoever is in better form as the 6th choice mid, but Soler has been better for Spain under him and I think LE prefers him.

I'm reading Soler is the plan B to Ruiz for you, but with expiring contracts both are opportunities in the market. You don't really need both though, but if you got the budget then why not I guess.

Fabian was done prior to the Soler news breaking. The former will be in Paris tomorrow for medicals. I guess they were serious about rebuilding the midfield.

Home of Barca Fans