African Football

Messi983

It's interesting but how many of them did Mali actually develop?

I'm too lazy to check but I'd say most if not all of the players (except Adama who was born in Catalonia) were born and raised in France so Mali probably didn't have much if any role in their development.

khaled_a_d

I think this is the point.
The amount of wasted talent due to poverty and lack of football infrastructure in this countries.
Countries like Mali or Cameroon would have been a top team if they were rich countries with many football stars from there.
But, this can be said on many other things anyway

khaled_a_d

African Champions League final is upon us, in Today (tomorrow, depending where you are)
Between Cairo giants Ahly and Zamalk, arguably the content two biggest clubs ever.
First time the final between 2 teams from same country too.

The hype around the game here is beyond insane. The tension between fans is an all time high. Atmosphere is really crazy

Messi983

African Champions League final is upon us, in Today (tomorrow, depending where you are)
Between Cairo giants Ahly and Zamalk, arguably the content two biggest clubs ever.
First time the final between 2 teams from same country too.

The hype around the game here is beyond insane. The tension between fans is an all time high. Atmosphere is really crazy

Al Ahly with a 2-1 win, two nice goals (one by each team) and that shot by Zamalek that finished in the post would be even greater.

BTW, are you a fan of one of these teams?

khaled_a_d

BTW, are you a fan of one of these teams?

Nah, I grew up as Ahly fan but replaced that with Barca love. Hasn't watched a local game for over a decade now.
I wanted Ahly to win because they have hired African (and black) coach, which is unprecedented here.
People here used to concept that a foreign coach should be white one. He was a nice change.

PS, Zamalek lost last night in Egyptian cup semifinal, so no repeat in of the derby thankfully.

All on all, I loved that we are over with this shit.
For over a month the country was so tense over this game

khaled_a_d

Algeria is one game away from equaling Italy unbeaten streak.
They are playing Qatar next.
Don't know how did we bribe FIFA to consider the Arab Cup an official tournament :lol:

Rassvet

CAF are in discussions regarding cancelling next month’s AFCON in Cameroon because of COVID-19.

khaled_a_d

CAF are in discussions regarding cancelling next month’s AFCON in Cameroon because of COVID-19.

Denied it, FIFA/UEFA scums are the one trying to force them to cancel it.
CAF will go bankrupt if they cancel it, Cameroon already spent zillion of millions and CAF deemed them ready to host the tournament, if they Cancel it they will have to repay Cameroon what they spent, nevermind big TV deals already signed.

Rassvet

European The European Club Association (ECA) has written to FIFA and CAF insisting that they have no intention of releasing African players for the AFCON 2021 in Cameroon. They have cited player safety as the reason.

khaled_a_d

European The European Club Association (ECA) has written to FIFA and CAF insisting that they have no intention of releasing African players for the AFCON 2021 in Cameroon. They have cited player safety as the reason.

Which is a big joke, and FIFA is bigger joke if he accept that excuse

Laplacian

I mean I really doubt they actually care and just want to protect their own interests but uh, there is an actual civil war going on in Cameroon.

Home of Barca Fans