La Liga 2017/18

Who will win La Liga?

• Total voters

Messi983

Which newcomers to La Liga/young players are you looking forward the most to watch next season outside the big 3 teams?

Here are some names I'm interested in:

Valencia: Ferran Torres - we were linked to Ferran and he already played some La Liga minutes last season, now I'm looking forward to see him more.

Bilbao: Unai Lopez - versatile midfielder/winger who had a good season on loan at Rayo. He made his debut for Bilbao 4 years ago but couldn't make a full breakthrough so he went on loans to Leganes and Rayo but should now get new opportunity under Berizzo. Bilbao's midfield need some fresh blood and we'll see what Lopez can bring. Dani Garcia, Ander Capa and Yuri Berciche are all proven La Liga players and new signings for the Basques who are very active on the market after years of inactivity.

Sevilla: Ibrahim Amadou - signed from Lille a few days ago as a possible replacement for N'Zonzi who (again) wants to leave. Not a youngster anymore at 25 but still interested to see how he'll do. Will probably add Duje Caleta-Car to the list once they'll officially sign him as a replacement for Lenglet.

Villarreal: Toko Ekambi, forward, similar to Bakambu, who should do well in pair with Gerard Moreno. Alfonso Pedraza - 22 year old winger, returning from a succesfull loan at Alaves. Should finally get a chance at Villarreal, even more so with R. Soriano and maybe Cheryshev possibly leaving. Another player from Villarreal B team who could get minutes early in the season is Manu Morlanes. Similar player to Trigueros (who will probably miss the start of the season) and only 19 so he could become the next homegrown talent who will establish himself in Villarreal's first team.

Real Sociedad: not confirmed yet but they are apparently close to sign Mikel Merino. Will be interesting to finally see him in Primera.

Celta Vigo: Okay Yokuslu - Turkish workhorse :p Don't know what formation their new manager Antonio Mohamed will use but he should complement Lobotka (if he'll stay) well in midfield. Also looking to see more of Emre Mor and if Maxi Gomez can keep up his good form from last season.

Betis: Pau Lopez - don't like his personality but he's a good GK and should do well. Takashi Inui - yes, I know he's 30 and don't really fit the criteria I mentioned above but I think he should be a great fit for Setien's system. I will also follow players who had breakout last season like Junior Firpo and Loren Moron.

Getafe: two of the best forwards in Segunda - Jaime Mata (top scorer with 33 goals for Valladolid) and Sergi Guardiola (22 goals for Cordoba). They are 29 and 27 respectively but none of them have played in La Liga so we'll see if one or both of them can make that required step up.

Eibar: Jordi Calavera - RB, older brother of Barça's Josep Calavera, he was on loan at Gijon last season but should get an opportunity with Eibar now after Ander Capa left for Bilbao.

Alaves: Ermedin Demirović - 20 year old Bosnian striker, had a couple of apperances at the end of last season but should get more playing time this year alongside Guidetti or Sobrino

Leganes: Rodrigo Tarin - will obviously keep an eye on the former Barça player. Josua Mejias - another young CB for Pellegrino's team, could leave on loan but he was a member of the talented new generation of Venezuelan U20 NT that finished as runners-up in the U20 WC last year.

Huesca: Cucho Hernandez - 19 year old Colombian forward on loan from Watford has scored 16 goals in Segunda so Huesca will be very happy to keep him for their historical first season in Primera. He was linked to Barça and I think we should keep following him. Gonzalo Melero - former Real Madrid product has established himself as a key player for newly promoted team over the last two seasons but will now have a chance to get his first La Liga experience at age 24. It's still possible he'll leave the club though because his buy out clause is around 4M and Getafe has already shown interest.

Rayo Vallecano: Fran Beltran - 19 year old midfielder who has been a key player for Rayo in their two seasons in Segunda. Compared to Verratti and probably already on many bigger clubs radars but (for now) he wants to stay and succeed at Rayo. Beltran looks very mature for his age and his clause is only 8M so he's one of the players I'll watch very closely next season and if he'll do well I wouldn't mind Barça signing him. Santi Comesana - two years older and more offensive minded midfielder than Beltran but also good talent.

Home of Barca Fans