Matthijs de Ligt

BBZ8800

I am not sure that these 80 or 100m transfers are the way to go anymore (except Haaland).

Has any of young or expensive players reached the expectations?
Coutinho, Dembele, Frenkie, De Ligt, Felix, Lemar or even Griezz/Hazard.

Majority of top 10 most expensive transfers in the last few years turned as a massive waste of money.

4 years ago, some fans wanted 145m Dembele and a 100m Lemar.
2 years ago, majority of us wanted 80-100m Frenkie+De Ligt.

Yet in reality, you can trade them for a random La liga midfielder worth 20m and a defender worth 20m and the results would be more or less the same, isn't it?

This internet/social media era has created an insane hype and demand of young (average) players.

BBZ8800

Griez/Hazard would be huge signings even without internet.

Ok

But Frenkie played season and a half for Ajax and De Ligt played 2 seasons.
They were 80-90m players.

Dembele 1 season at France, one at Bvb = 145m
Joao Felix, even worse = 1 senior season at Benfica = 126m

Are those good and realistic deals?

FinBarcelonafan

Ok

Of course not. The hype created by CL bumped up the price for Deajong and Deligt. That's why I didn't mention these guys.

Dembele was another hype product of Dortmund, so nothing new there.

All those prices are mindblowing now. Way too much!

United will regret buying Sancho for hundred million. My guess.

It's terrible business. The chance of failing seems to be WAY too big.

Last edited:

Givenchy

Of course not. The hype created by CL bumped up the price for Deajong and Deligt. That's why I didn't mention these guys.

Dembele was another hype product of Dortmund, so nothing new there.

All those prices are mindblowing now. Way too much!

United will regret buying Sancho for hundred million. My guess.

It's terrible business. The chance of failing seems to be WAY too big.

"Set for the next 10 years" they said, "generational talent" they said. In reality, bar Mbappe, none of these players are anything special and new ones are emerging onto the scene every season. I certainly wouldn't blow anymore money on Dortmund players though and that includes Haaland next summer

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Good on him for taking the blame for their loss unlike Jordi Alba who blames the fans for being spoiled.

Mrgandalf

Curious member
Ok

that's a good point.

malvolio

I am not sure that these 80 or 100m transfers are the way to go anymore (except Haaland).

Has any of young or expensive players reached the expectations?
Coutinho, Dembele, Frenkie, De Ligt, Felix, Lemar or even Griezz/Hazard.

Majority of top 10 most expensive transfers in the last few years turned as a massive waste of money.

4 years ago, some fans wanted 145m Dembele and a 100m Lemar.
2 years ago, majority of us wanted 80-100m Frenkie+De Ligt.

Yet in reality, you can trade them for a random La liga midfielder worth 20m and a defender worth 20m and the results would be more or less the same, isn't it?

This internet/social media era has created an insane hype and demand of young (average) players.

money thrown into football is the biggest culprit. suddenly a team like wolverhampton can splash 40M on a player. it's only normal that the price for barca/real would double/triple.

FinBarcelonafan

"Set for the next 10 years" they said, "generational talent" they said. In reality, bar Mbappe, none of these players are anything special and new ones are emerging onto the scene every season. I certainly wouldn't blow anymore money on Dortmund players though and that includes Haaland next summer

True. Based on the past few years, paying hundred mil for any player makes no sense. The chance of even Hazard/Coutinho busting is there. They were one of the best in Premier League for years.. Then prospects like Dembele, Felix have even bigger chance to bust.

Not worth it. Maybe City have done it right, spending max. 50-60mil on a player.

vuji_31

Raiola said that Romagnoli could go to Juve, but also that he does not know if De Ligt will be there next season...

Sterling on loan, Pogba for free,De Ligt for 70 and Haalanad for 80mil. Laporta make it happen.

FinBarcelonafan

Raiola said that Romagnoli could go to Juve, but also that he does not know if De Ligt will be there next season...

Sterling on loan, Pogba for free,De Ligt for 70 and Haalanad for 80mil. Laporta make it happen.

Raiola says that shite all the time. Probably begging for a bigger contract.

Rassvet

I don't think we should go for De Ligt until his contract is down to 1 year left or he's a free agent rather than spend a big fee on him.

FinBarcelonafan

I don't think we should go for De Ligt until his contract is down to 1 year left or he's a free agent rather than spend a big fee on him.

I would go for someone quicker/faster anyway. Araujo seems pretty similar to him, without the ball playing skills, BUT quicker/stronger.

I don't think we need him.

Messi983

Replace Pogba with Kessie and De Ligt with Kounde and I'm up for this.

Home of Barca Fans