Matthijs de Ligt

Andresito

Staff member
He lost a lot of weight or what? Looks like it.

Probably good because he used to look very heavy.n

This is always said, that players are fat and fit within a relatively short timespan. I doubt players lose or gain 3-5 kgs during the season as people seem to believe. Same was being said with Suarez. A good game, "wow he looks fit" a bad game "damn he's fat".

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Y'all have no right to disrespect this alpha tank when you guys rated Todibo and Lenglet :coffee:

I'm not going to pull up the receipts this time.

We'll likely end up signing some La Liga bum which people will overrate after a few good performances until he gets his ass torn apart by a semi-decent forward.

DonAK

This forum have a weird habit of overrating every average player, but being skeptical of actually good or great players. Such a strange thing to watch.

Never thought I'd say this, but BBZ has a point.

xXKonan

Y'all have no right to disrespect this alpha tank when you guys rated Todibo and Lenglet :coffee:

I'm not going to pull up the receipts this time.

We'll likely end up signing some La Liga bum which people will overrate after a few good performances until he gets his ass torn apart by a semi-decent forward.
I'm hoping we don't fall into that "We need someone who is young and experienced in La Liga" Trap.

Like I shit you not it feels like if we had money we would probably end up blowing it on Pau Torres who has a higher chance of being the Spanish Clement Lenglet than an actual WC talent.

DonAK

I'm hoping we don't fall into that "We need someone who is young and experienced in La Liga" Trap.

Like I shit you not it feels like if we had money we would probably end up blowing it on Pau Torres who has a higher chance of being the Spanish Clement Lenglet than an actual WC talent.

That's likely what would happen if we had the money to pay his buyout clause. And you'd have people hyping him up after playing a few great games vs. Granada, Almeria and Levante. People claim he was a top five CB in the World, one of the best, world class.

Same shit happened with Lenglet.

Now almost everyone want him out :lol:

Not even trying to be a dick about it. Just being real.

I have changed my opinion a bit when it comes to Pau though. I like him better than Lenglet, but don't like him enough to lead our defence.

For me the only La Liga CB to even consider spending a considerable amount of money on is Jules Kounde and even Kounde comes with a few question marks.

Horatio

You're welcome
I thought De Vrij made a couple of bad mistakes tonight ??

I only had it on in the background but heard them blaming him

De Vrij made 2 mistakes, De Ligt 1. Fortunate to have both but former is overall rated slightly higher on pure defense. De Ligt much younger of course.
Netherlands’ strongest defensive line-up today.

To be fair haven’t faced world class attackers yet. Lets see how they do then.

Last edited:

Newcomer

This forum have a weird habit of overrating every average player, but being skeptical of actually good or great players. Such a strange thing to watch.

Never thought I'd say this, but BBZ has a point.

It is maybe down to expectations.

When a free Todibo or a low transfer like Lenglet seem solid, it seems impressive.

When you pay 80 for de Ligt, you'll watch every mistake. It happened at Juve where every mistake, penalty given were under scrutinity by juventini and rival fans.

kattanib

When I look at him I see his leadership qualities. A hint of Puyol putting his face to protect the goal without pulling back. I want that in Barca.

Home of Barca Fans