Matthijs de Ligt

Messi983

We hope to get around 40m for each player, Dembele is still worth cca. 20 in the books.

That's way too high for Barca.

Even if that swap would happen (it won't) we would "sell" Dembele for let's say 40m, Lenglet for 30m and then pay 100m for De Ligt. It's not like Dembele's value in that deal would be 0.

Joan

Even if that swap would happen (it won't) we would "sell" Dembele for let's say 40m, Lenglet for 30m and then pay 100m for De Ligt. It's not like Dembele's value in that deal would be 0.

Sure, just implied such deal would be bad for Barca. Paying say 100 for MdL

Porque

I think his market value has gone down since Juve signed him. It probably won't be reflected in Mino's asking price, wage and sign-on fee's though.

To have a budget of 75m plus for a CB, there must be plenty plenty of options around European football. It is one of those positions that produces alot of reasonable talent every year compared to attackers.

Leicester have consistently managed to find EPL ready defenders and are competing at the top of the table. Caglar for 21m in 2018, Wesley Fofana for 35m last year.

So we do not need to tie to this notion of de Ligt or nothing, and be held by the balls from Raiola compared to with someone like Haaland.

Messi983

Sure, just implied such deal would be bad for Barca. Paying say 100 for MdL

Agreed. Juve paid 80m for him two years ago so there is no way they'll sell for anything less than that though.

I'm not the biggest Eric Garcia fan but would prefer to see how he and Araujo would work together rather than overpay for MDL.

khaled_a_d

Agreed. Juve paid 80m for him two years ago so there is no way they'll sell for anything less than that though.

I'm not the biggest Eric Garcia fan but would prefer to see how he and Araujo would work together rather than overpay for MDL.

Lenglet & Dembele for MDL is fair deal IMO, MDL is probably the best player in the deal (and the youngest) but he himself was a bit underwhelming in Juve, and if his agent starts to make a fuss then Juve won't have plenty of options.

That being said, it is Romero who made that rumor, who himself has been unreliable regarding Barca, never mind regarding players from other teams and Raiola himself refuted his past report (although that doesn't make it wrong)

Bobo32

I think his market value has gone down since Juve signed him. It probably won't be reflected in Mino's asking price, wage and sign-on fee's though.

To have a budget of 75m plus for a CB, there must be plenty plenty of options around European football. It is one of those positions that produces alot of reasonable talent every year compared to attackers.

Leicester have consistently managed to find EPL ready defenders and are competing at the top of the table. Caglar for 21m in 2018, Wesley Fofana for 35m last year.

So we do not need to tie to this notion of de Ligt or nothing, and be held by the balls from Raiola compared to with someone like Haaland.

Okay, not surprised.
I didn't buy in to the hype when at Ajax, I thought he was so praised in big part because he was so young.
Of course he could be an option for the right price, but I think he looks a bit slow on the turn and that would be a problem. I have nothing against paying big for the right option, and every player has weaknesses, but de Ligt was never someone I'd break bank for.

El Gato

Villarato!
Lenglet & Dembele for MDL is fair deal IMO, MDL is probably the best player in the deal (and the youngest) but he himself was a bit underwhelming in Juve, and if his agent starts to make a fuss then Juve won't have plenty of options.

Taking on two overpriced contracts for De Ligt is far from a fair deal.

Porque

Okay, not surprised.
I didn't buy in to the hype when at Ajax, I thought he was so praised in big part because he was so young.
Of course he could be an option for the right price, but I think he looks a bit slow on the turn and that would be a problem. I have nothing against paying big for the right option, and every player has weaknesses, but de Ligt was never someone I'd break bank for.

Agree with you. Most of the allure is that he broke in very young based from his physical development for his age, reading of the game and outstanding mentality. Those are three things that make him a very desirable signing and someone who you would potentially expect to play in your side for 10 seasons. With that in mind to pay a big transfer fee like Juventus did at that point of time is not that crazy as once it amortizes you are not spending that much per season.

But his ball playing is not that great as I thought it would be, nor is his speed or one on one defending. Although solid in all three. Still a very very good player. Just not worth the investment to have to deal with Raiola on a yearly basis. We already saw how unstable the environment was with Neymar and his dad every transfer window. You don't want to replicate that across key positions.

Compare that with Frenkie who we paid alot for and put him on a very big wage, but every transfer window has been very tranquile with him.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
HvXj.gif

Home of Barca Fans