Matthijs de Ligt

khaled_a_d

Who is the #1 CB we could even sign? First we would have to sell Lenglet. (I would be totally fine with that..)

Also Umtiti needs to leave. We have way too many CBS.

The guy that this thread is named after?
If he wants out, Juve willing to do a swap type of deal, then we should be really after it

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

I suppose if Emerson joins you can consider Sergi Roberto the midfield signing :lol:

This could work tbh, and it is one of the reasons why I put midfield as least priority

This guy would cost 80 mil

That doesn't leave almost any money for other positions.

This is where the "swap" part goes.
If we can send them Dembele (they want him) and someone else along few cash, I would do it.
Even if we end up with just free signings in midfield and attack (like a Wijnaldum & Aguero )
Gaya,MDL, Wijnaldum & Aguero/Depay will be amazing summer for me considering our condition atm

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Barca need a CB that can command the defence and is a starter.

Pique I only see playing one more season.

MDL is that guy.

Although obviously perhaps the club cheaps out on some average CB like Pau Torres instead.

Not even sure Pique will last another season and didnt back out of knee op to see this one out.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Barca need a CB that can command the defence and is a starter.

Pique I only see playing one more season.

MDL is that guy.

Although obviously perhaps the club cheaps out on some average CB like Pau Torres instead.

Mdl would be great, he is young and already a leader. The only problem could be thr price, we need also a striker. An exchange with some of our players would be worth a try.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Who is the #1 CB we could even sign? First we would have to sell Lenglet. (I would be totally fine with that..)

Also Umtiti needs to leave. We have way too many CBS.

Come to think of it, we don’t actually have that many CBs:

-Pique has what, one more season left?
-Umtiti, always injured or not 100%, last resort
-Lenglet, enough said about him
-Araujo, young and promising in some regards, also problematic on some other things
-Mingueza, showing some nice qualities but hardly world class and commanding yet
-Garcia (if he signs with us) La Masia hype, huge question marks

BarcaOG

Banned
Come to think of it, we don’t actually have that many CBs:

-Pique has what, one more season left?
-Umtiti, always injured or not 100%, last resort
-Lenglet, enough said about him
-Araujo, young and promising in some regards, also problematic on some other things
-Mingueza, showing some nice qualities but hardly world class and commanding yet
-Garcia (if he signs with us) La Masia hype, huge question marks

dawg, pique shouldnt start for us anymore... but everything else you are right about

we are a couple injuries away from pure catastrophe in terms of reliable CBs

Joan

Not that impressed with him to spend 80m. Some sort of a swap deal could be an option, though.

Home of Barca Fans