Mateu Morey

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
He is getting plenty of minutes this season with Dortmund, started in a lot of games for them actually. Overall he has been OK I'd say, pretty pacey and quick with his feet, has a lot of room to roam on the pitch, better offensively than defensively but that is not saying much.

Andresito

Staff member
He is getting plenty of minutes this season with Dortmund, started in a lot of games for them actually. Overall he has been OK I'd say, pretty pacey and quick with his feet, has a lot of room to roam on the pitch, better offensively than defensively but that is not saying much.

Bit like Dest?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Bit like Dest?

Quite different and not as good as Dest, at least offensively, in my opinion. I see Dest often trying to take the ball forward by dribbling and using his techniques and footwork to beat opposing players, while Morey tends to quickly release the ball by having those long, diagonal passes to find Dortmund's forwards as soon as he has/recovers the ball, or he relies more on 1-2 passes with his teammates to go forward, rarely do you see he tries to beat defenders. Morey also crosses more than Dest, but the quality of his crosses leaves a lot to be desired. I felt Morey was roaming all over the pitch last season, sometimes almost playing like a CAM, however it seems this season he is more strictly sticking to his fullback role.

I wouldn't trade Dest for Morey for sure.

xXKonan

Was wondering how he was doing but I didn't realize he had torn his ACL back in May and probably won't be back until June.

Missing an entire year worth of Football.

Porque

Wouldn't trust him with his injury history. Not to mention how he left.

Did look the business as a 16 year old though. But I think Dest has been better for a while now.

Messi983

Mateu Morey had to undergo surgery on the lateral meniscus of his left knee on Tuesday and will now be sidelined for the next few months.

The news comes just two weeks after Morey made his first competitive appearance in 468 days. The 22 year old featured for the first-team in the pre-season friendly against Antalyaspor last month, and also played 45 minutes for the Borussia Dortmund U-23s against Rot-Weiss Essen in the 3. Liga two weeks ago.

This guy can't catch a break.

khaled_a_d

Mateu Morey had to undergo surgery on the lateral meniscus of his left knee on Tuesday and will now be sidelined for the next few months.

The news comes just two weeks after Morey made his first competitive appearance in 468 days. The 22 year old featured for the first-team in the pre-season friendly against Antalyaspor last month, and also played 45 minutes for the Borussia Dortmund U-23s against Rot-Weiss Essen in the 3. Liga two weeks ago.

This guy can't catch a break.

Well, at least he secured the bag with his contract with BVB.
That is a major reason why many kids don't wait. It can get brutal too quickly

Home of Barca Fans